Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

blarzgh posted:

Brief Aside: There is a person who maintains and updates Murderpedia.org regularly.

How can you do that and stay sane? Just reading the statements and the crimes makes me feel really loving out of joint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Yeah, I oppose the death penalty on pragmatic rather than philosophical grounds (meaning that I think that it's ineffective public policy, not that it's necessarily always morally wrong), but having that job would either turn me into a pacifist quaker or Araipaio-lite, I'm not quite sure which.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

blarzgh posted:

Sirloin steak, spicy worcestershire sauce, a bacon cheeseburger w/ten slices of bacon, onion rings and fries w/cheese, french dressing, a butterfinger blizzard w/carmel, pecan pie, vanilla ice cream and peach cobbler.

Whoa there, you get all this and all you have to do is kill someone? Well goons, it's been fun, but see you suckers in 20 years when I get my free bacon cheeseburger with ten slices of loving bacon along with some cheesy fries.

captainblastum
Dec 1, 2004

Regardless of your position on executions, if you haven't watched Into the Abyss you should. It's available on Netflix streaming. It's a documentary by Werner Herzog.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Mister Adequate posted:

Whoa there, you get all this and all you have to do is kill someone? Well goons, it's been fun, but see you suckers in 20 years when I get my free bacon cheeseburger with ten slices of loving bacon along with some cheesy fries.

Not in Texas any more!

If you're going to die on our Death Row, you will eat the same Nutraloaf as everyone else and you will LIKE it!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

citybeatnik posted:

Not in Texas any more!

If you're going to die on our Death Row, you will eat the same Nutraloaf as everyone else and you will LIKE it!

Oh right, I forgot about that. Guess it worked though, I won't be killing anyone in Texas anytime soon! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams
Last Statement

Date of Execution:

May 28, 2002

Offender:

Napoleon Beazley #999141

Last Statement:

The act I committed to put me here was not just heinous, it was senseless. But the person that committed that act is no longer here - I am. I'm not going to struggle physically against any restraints. I'm not going to shout, use profanity or make idle threats. Understand though that I'm not only upset, but I'm saddened by what is happening here tonight. I'm not only saddened, but disappointed that a system that is supposed to protect and uphold what is just and right can be so much like me when I made the same shameful mistake. If someone tried to dispose of everyone here for participating in this killing, I'd scream a resounding, "No." I'd tell them to give them all the gift that they would not give me...and that's to give them all a second chance. I'm sorry that I am here. I'm sorry that you're all here. I'm sorry that John Luttig died. And I'm sorry that it was something in me that caused all of this to happen to begin with. Tonight we tell the world that there are no second chances in the eyes of justice...Tonight, we tell our children that in some instances, in some cases, killing is right. This conflict hurts us all, there are no SIDES. The people who support this proceeding think this is justice. The people that think that I should live think that is justice. As difficult as it may seem, this is a clash of ideals, with both parties committed to what they feel is right. But who's wrong if in the end we're all victims? In my heart, I have to believe that there is a peaceful compromise to our ideals. I don't mind if there are none for me, as long as there are for those who are yet to come. There are a lot of men like me on death row - good men - who fell to the same misguided emotions, but may not have recovered as I have. Give those men a chance to do what's right. Give them a chance to undo their wrongs. A lot of them want to fix the mess they started, but don't know how. The problem is not in that people aren't willing to help them find out, but in the system telling them it won't matter anyway. No one wins tonight. No one gets closure. No one walks away victorious.

• Locked thread