Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

BTTFII lied, people died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

2015 is going to own.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Mmm fresh new year smell

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
2015 will be a wonderful year. Just remember,

IOwnCalculus posted:

BTTFII lied, people died.

We all cried, when Aerith died.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

drinking alone and sending anonymous puns to people on tumblr. WHAT A NEW YEARS

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I fell asleep at 7 pm and woke up at 10 pm with a hangover. Happy New Year!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Ringing in the New Year by watching cat videos on Youtube with friends. I am Goon incarnate :v:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

T1g4h posted:

Ringing in the New Year by watching cat videos on Youtube with friends. I am Goon incarnate :v:

did i mention im watching slowbeef's metroid prime lp i think thats gooneier

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ground floor :hehe:

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Hope everyone has a happy and safe New Years! I'm at work watching The Walking Dead! I am a terrible person!

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Ooh new thread smell.

HELL YES.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Happy New Years you weird bastards and your lovely cars! (except Das Volk, his car is swe-- wait nm)

Staying in with the gf, a good fire, a good bottle of Moet & Chandon and a cheap bottle of chardonnay. Getting old rules.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
2015! :getin:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Only one more hour of this poo poo heap of a year. I really want to type this massive multi page e/n post of why things suck but I really should just focus on what I can do better.

Happy 2015 you lovable assholes.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Happy new year to the best drat automotive forum on the intertubes.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

2014 ripped rear end

2015 is going to suck also

im at least 2 years from having the job that will pay me enough to live the life i want

maybe if i drink enough ill finally black out for once (ive never managed it yet thanks to my fat)

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Fucknag posted:

2014 ripped rear end

2015 is going to suck also

im at least 2 years from having the job that will pay me enough to live the life i want

maybe if i drink enough ill finally black out for once (ive never managed it yet thanks to my fat)

Jesus Christ man, you continue to suck in both threads. :v:

Seriously though blackout drinking sucks. One moment you're having fun on the receiving end of a beer bong, the next you're waking up in your underwear in a bathtub and it's the next day.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Last time I blacked out i woke up face down in the middle of a strangers livingroom with half my name staple gunned into my rear end.

(Swear to god true story)

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
My worst was drinking a 5th of jager on loving new years.

puked ALL OVER THE loving BATHROOM. (it was also carpeted)

Woke up about half an hour before my work shift started (pizza delivery), drove to work still fuckin' half buzzed, sick as a dog. worked about 3 hours before puke fest round two started and I went home.

gently caress.

that.

poo poo.

God that was 7 years ago.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

cursedshitbox posted:

My worst was drinking a 5th of jager on loving new years.
puked ALL OVER THE loving BATHROOM. (it was also carpeted)

quote:

loving BATHROOM

quote:

carpeted

quote:

carpeted bathroom

Who the gently caress thought that was a good idea.

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Last time I blacked out i woke up face down in the middle of a strangers livingroom with half my name staple gunned into my rear end.

You have terrible friends.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

ExplodingSims posted:

Who the gently caress thought that was a good idea.

You have terrible friends.

the 70s were a wild time

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tuere was also te time a full pint of 151 got shot gunned that i woke up in sacramento y carkeys were in oakland and my car was in san jose. Also true story as ridiculous as it sounds

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

AAAAAAAH WHAT THE gently caress IT IS SNOWING OUTSIDE

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Fucknag posted:

the 70s were a wild time

yeuuup. that sums it up.

I was also a 170lb twink at the time that could out drink a 70s loving freightliner with a 12v71.

E:

IOwnCalculus posted:

DUDE YOU'RE TELLING ME. I LIVE IN Vegas HELL

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Happy loving new year, assholes. I'm at work, so sober with hate.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

IOwnCalculus posted:

haha even arizona has better winters than florda

what a schitte whole i live in. appropriate.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

cursedshitbox posted:

DUDE YOU'RE TELLING ME. I LIVE IN Vegas HELL

IT'S STARTING TO STICK TO poo poo

In all seriousness, in 30+ years in the metro area I've personally seen it snow twice before. Neither time has it ever remotely come down with any volume, nor has it stuck.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
South 2.0 in the loving west everybody.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

IOwnCalculus posted:

IT'S STARTING TO STICK TO poo poo

In all seriousness, in 30+ years in the metro area I've personally seen it snow twice before. Neither time has it ever remotely come down with any volume, nor has it stuck.

Phoenix? We're visiting my in laws, and my wife swore it was warmer than home in Philly. So far, that hasn't been the case this week.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Nothing for me, still just lovely cold rain. Still, not nearly as bad as where I moved from, but still a change. I live central-central Phoenix (around Thomas and Central)

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
If you could compress the holocaust into one day, it would still be better than some parts of 2014.

Guidelines for having a good 2015:
1. Be 2015
2. Don't be 2014

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

Can't wait to see what I will look like in the morning.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Happy new year AI.

We've had a rough year in 2014, full of misfortunes, tears and frustrations. Put that all behind you, because this is a new beginning. Time to make things right, time to shine.

Let's make 2015 the best year of our lives.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
No less than three people here managed to blow themselves up with fireworks, to the point of death. Two others are in critical condition.

Made beef tenderloin steaks sous vide last night. With home made sauce bearnaise. loving delicious.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
On a train going no where.... Wheeeee! :toot:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

BrokenKnucklez posted:

On a train going no where.... Wheeeee! :toot:

Was it a midnight train?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

That one goes anywhere. Tends to run a bit late though.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Happy new years, ya fucks!

Too lazy to quote from the past thread, but every pizza place I've ever worked at (actually, pretty much every place I've worked, period) - except where I'm at now - had a clause in the employee handbook stating they could look in your car any time they wanted, whether you were on or off the clock, if it was on company property; refusal was grounds for instant termination. I remember when I worked at Whole Foods, a coworker got busted buying weed in the parking lot in front of a neighboring business (someone saw the transaction, called police, police were nearby, etc); since the parking lot was shared, he was fired on the spot. Despite being off the clock and technically off of company property.

When I worked at Papa John's, occasionally the DM would show up and demand to search people's cars. One rule in the employee handbook was that cars must be kept spotless - inside and out - so there were always plenty of writeups for people having messy cars, and the occasional firing when they found :420: poorly hidden. Pizza Hut had the same rule, but I never saw it enforced.

I never got an employee handbook where I'm at now - it's a smaller nationwide pizza company (mostly in northern states), but every store is individually owned, so it's up to the franchisee to set up an employee handbook. The only paperwork I got mentioned how often we got paid, phone scripts, and how to greet walk-in customers. Never signed anything authorizing them to look in my car. When I asked them about inspecting the car, the GM looked surprised and asked me if the places I worked at before did that. I told him everything they did; he just shook his head and essentially said "I don't give two shits as long as your inspection and registration are current; the state inspects your car once a year, that's good enough for me".

So when I went to bed last night (well, for me, last night is 12/30), there was a nearly full can of beer on my desk. When I woke up, my desk, phone, mouse, and many other things were covered in beer.

The Dude slept in my room. I guess he decided to explore the desk. That can was knocked over, all over my phone :siren: (it was in a case, the only damage seems to be to the USB cable it was plugged into - PC doesn't recognize it unless I use a different cable - also the back of the formerly white phone is stained a funky color now), mouse, laptop (thankfully just the lid - no damage), and my :corsair: weekly pill box (ruined all the pills inside, thankfully I just got refills, but one pill per day was a supplement from nooblube in SA-Mart - that was probably the most expensive thing in the box, if you factor in insurance paying for the majority of everything else that was in there). Also knocked a bunch of poo poo off my desk. Like my glasses.

I wouldn't give up the furball for anything, though he drat near cost me a phone. :v: His personality is really starting to come out. He's drat near fearless unless it's an unexpected noise, has figured out what noises to make to see if it's safe to steal food off the table or counter (he'll knock a piece of silverware or some other metal object off the counter/table, then wait a minute to see if anyone shows up), and the late night kitty crazies are loving nuts with him. I was sitting on the couch watching TV earlier, heard a noise behind me, then I realize I've just had a cat jump up on the back of the couch, use the top of my head as a diving board, land perfectly under the coffee table, then all I saw was a greyish-blue blur hauling rear end/sliding all over the wood floors trying to catch whatever the gently caress cats think they're chasing when they're in the midnight kitty crazy mode. I was under the impression he was a little on the slow side, but I'd put him right on par with Squeak, who was pretty loving smart.

cursedshitbox posted:

I was also a 170lb twink at the time that could out drink a 70s loving freightliner with a 12v71.

There's no such thing as a 170 pound twink, 150 is the cutoff. :colbert:

MrChips posted:

Was it a midnight train?

Was it the train of consequences?

Sorry, that was one of my favorite Megadeth songs in high school...

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jan 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Don't take adderall at 1am even if it is New Years and you want to keep the party goin' because I don't forsee myself sleeping any time soon and holy gently caress is my jaw going to be sore tomorrow.

Happy 2015, AI.

• Locked thread