Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I was rereading Dollar Sign On The Muscle the other day and when I got to the part about how scouts don't like little righty pitchers, I thought of Timmy. And he kind of proves the point I guess. "Little elfin skateboarder looking dude" isn't exactly the blueprint for a RHP. And in hindsight we might've guessed that a pitcher who flings himself off the mound with max effort on every pitch wouldn't adapt well when he loses velocity and a bit of athleticism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

tadashi posted:

Didn't Bochy elect to stick with Huff at 1st instead of playing Belt in his first poo poo at the majors? Am I confusing Belt and Pill?

There was reason to play Huff at 1B in 2011, Belt in LF was much less of a disaster than Huff in RF.

2012 had this stupid Belt/Pill platoon going on for a while because of ~*~*matchups*~*~

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
So uhh New Era made this thing

Apparently Big Papi is an impish dwarf flipping off God?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Id wear that if it was Joe Carter crushing the greatest dinger of all time.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Rand alPaul posted:

So uhh New Era made this thing

Apparently Big Papi is an impish dwarf flipping off God?

That's some expensive kindling there.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

rickiep00h posted:

That's some expensive kindling there.

What is funny is New Era hosed up his logo. Look at the arms and the legs compared to his hat.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
What's funny is that he has a personal logo in the first place and it's a picture of himself.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I feel like that hand gesture has been used by so many players that as a silhouette it is hardly unique. For example, this.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
the O.B.B.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I guess he was going for the Air Jordan logo, but whereas the spread eagle dunk pose is frequently associated with Michael Jordan, pointing up to the sky in a home run trot is not particularly associated with any one player.

Its like if the Air Jordan logo was a guy taking a free throw.

Pulp Can Move
Oct 4, 2012
Should be a silhouette of a manbaby bashing a telephone with a baseball bat.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pulp Can Move posted:

I would buy that hat.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

Pulp Can Move posted:

Pretty sure Carlos Zambrano still holds that trademark with the cooler.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Could be Ortiz trotting around the bases out of breath if we wanna make it realistic.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

To be fair the little silhouette man looks like a fat slob and as we all know the only fat slob to ever play baseball is David Ortiz

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
David Ortiz isn't even the only fat slob to play on the 2015 Red Sox

:(

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Yes but his silhouette is quite different

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
So apparently Dan Uggla had oculomotor dysfunction due to a concussion he received, which basically means he couldnt' pick up the movement of the ball whenever he moved his head.

Does this count as the first "Best Shape of My Life" story this year?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The Phillies apparently signed Aaron Harang.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
White Sox signed Bonifacio

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Dingleberry Jones posted:

So apparently Dan Uggla had oculomotor dysfunction due to a concussion he received, which basically means he couldnt' pick up the movement of the ball whenever he moved his head.

He has one every year. He got LASIK I think last year or the year before, he changed his swing in another year...

Dude's just cooked, and probably also has a variety of physical ailments.

I greatly look forward to him being among the league leaders in OBP and AVG for the first like 6 weeks of the season.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
I think one year he leaned down because he had gotten too muscular, or some such thing.

Bonifacio is one of those players that pass through the Braves where, in four years, you say, "Oh, right. He did play for the Braves, didn't he?" Like Daryl Ward or Josh Anderson.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

euphronius posted:

Ah, the "buy high" strategy.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008

The Merry Marauder posted:

Ah, the "buy while high" strategy.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

That just sounds sad.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Merry Marauder posted:

Ah, the "buy high" strategy.
Its like $5M for one year, pretty low risk.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down

Hopefully part of his super utility role is platooning with Gillaspie at 3B.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008

Harlock posted:

That just sounds sad.

This is probably a dumb question, but if that's really a thing, could the Braves collect the insurance on his remaining contract?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Haha. Harang has a 90 soul patch tool.

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance
:siren:Red Sox sign Mitchell Boggs:siren:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
So far this is the most important "Best Shape of His Life" story:

Shannon Drayer ‏@shannondrayer

Zduriencik on @710ESPNSeattle says that Montero has lost 30-35 lbs. They will work with him in spring training at 1b

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Crimson Sox posted:

:siren:Red Sox sign Mitchell Boggs:siren:

Ah, Mitchell Boggs, the subject of the most Charlie Brown-esque moment I've ever seen in baseball.

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/8879974/v27608497/53013-royals-wait-out-long-delay-to-end-skid/?query=cardinals%2Broyals

This is also a nice reminder that Mike Matheny was a dumbass in early 2013 too.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

This is probably a dumb question, but if that's really a thing, could the Braves collect the insurance on his remaining contract?

It depends on if/how his contract is insured.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

seiferguy posted:

So far this is the most important "Best Shape of His Life" story:

Shannon Drayer ‏@shannondrayer

Zduriencik on @710ESPNSeattle says that Montero has lost 30-35 lbs. They will work with him in spring training at 1b

Every time I see the name "Jesus Montero" it reminds me that he exists. I don't like that.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Tony Phillips posted:

Every time I see the name "Jesus Montero" it reminds me that he exists. I don't like that.

There are two of them, even.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Here's a story about Vlad Guerrero's kid being a giant dude who can hit baseballs far.

He doesn't wear batting gloves either, unconfirmed whether he pees on his hands or not.

http://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/673463

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

maybe it's the perspective but his swing seems really, really smooth

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Abel Wingnut posted:

maybe it's the perspective but his swing seems really, really smooth

Not even trying.

I if he possesses the ability to crush balls that are effectively wild pitches like his father.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't wait for the A's to claim Jesus Montero off waivers and he becomes a good player in some wacky platoon with another failed prospect..oh let's say Lars Anderson or Matt LaPorta, why not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

euphronius posted:

Is it 2008 already???

• Locked thread