Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Helldump Immunity. posted:

the underwater devgru cannies were the scariest :ohdear:

nah m8, count your blessings you never see the ones that can pass thru huge boulders like loving ghosts :magical:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Hekk posted:

Blew up poo poo in Space Engineers with whoever's Steam name is Deagnar. Was fun now that I know how to make missile and bomb boats that explode things good.

Hekk that was me. Thanks for the building tips, and your ships were pretty cool.I thought I took more POV pictures of your macross gunboat ship, but this is all i have.
http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/31856301177247605/40BE7EE0783DEC90E0D8066AC59EC5C9BAB7F43E/

oh yeah, is GiP still playing elite: dangerous, or has everyone moved on to other games?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
so i bought ghost busters during the steam sale

gently caress it sucks

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I regressed to The Last Of Us mp. It's so goddamn good.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

ded posted:

so i bought ghost busters during the steam sale

gently caress it sucks

Yeah that game is hot garbage. It's a shame too, the story could have saved it if they weren't so busy trying to shovel the idea that YOU are the new ghostbusters down your throat.

Man I hate that game a lot.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
any of you fucks wanna join me hdi and ghole in the forest as we institute pogroms against the savage natives of british colombia then hit me up on steam for the server ip

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

tuluk posted:

Hekk that was me. Thanks for the building tips, and your ships were pretty cool.I thought I took more POV pictures of your macross gunboat ship, but this is all i have.
http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/31856301177247605/40BE7EE0783DEC90E0D8066AC59EC5C9BAB7F43E/

oh yeah, is GiP still playing elite: dangerous, or has everyone moved on to other games?

Cool pic.

I still have Elite but playing it makes me want to spend too much money on a HOTAS stick/throttle and ruder pedals and Track IR.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
My Warthog HOTAS and stand got packed up and put into my closet. It'll be some time before I go get that poo poo out for flight simming.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

holocaust bloopers posted:

My Warthog HOTAS and stand got packed up and put into my closet. It'll be some time before I go get that poo poo out for flight simming.

That's a shame. Still on the fence about getting a HOTAS for Elite- I do fine with one stick, but I could do more with a left hand throttle. Have to keep it in mind when bonus time comes.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

That's a shame. Still on the fence about getting a HOTAS for Elite- I do fine with one stick, but I could do more with a left hand throttle. Have to keep it in mind when bonus time comes.

Great setup. You won't regret it. All of that stuff takes up a lot of space though. If you do go with the Warthog, I recommend you pick up this for it.
http://wheelstandpro.com/products/wheel-stand-pro-for-thrustmaster-hotas-warthog--deluxe-v2

As it is, the joystick will sit too high on most desk and it'll be really uncomfortable to use. This keeps everything adjustable and within easy reach. Makes a world of difference.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

holocaust bloopers posted:

Great setup. You won't regret it. All of that stuff takes up a lot of space though. If you do go with the Warthog, I recommend you pick up this for it.
http://wheelstandpro.com/products/wheel-stand-pro-for-thrustmaster-hotas-warthog--deluxe-v2

As it is, the joystick will sit too high on most desk and it'll be really uncomfortable to use. This keeps everything adjustable and within easy reach. Makes a world of difference.

Wonder if that'll work ok with my CH Pedals. My Warthog came in the mail today and Saitek is mailing me yet another replacement X55 I have to get rid of now. But $400 is well worth not using that poo poo again

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Bolow posted:

Wonder if that'll work ok with my CH Pedals. My Warthog came in the mail today and Saitek is mailing me yet another replacement X55 I have to get rid of now. But $400 is well worth not using that poo poo again

Everything is mounted via screws and pre-drilled holes. Although I'm sure there's a way to get your poo poo set up on it.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
the forest is real fuckin weird you guys

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

any of you fucks wanna join me hdi and ghole in the forest as we institute pogroms against the savage natives of british colombia then hit me up on steam for the server ip

who are you in steam

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

who are you in steam

rtfop

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

riff

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
Godholio celebrating our first dead fall kill with a JO sesh.

Helldump Immunity. fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jan 7, 2015

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Can't help it.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

why does it look like he's holding a belt around his neck

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Bolow posted:

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
Steam : Madcows
I often stare at my library trying to decide what to play.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bolow posted:

i thought that was how everybody did it

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Godholio celebrating our first dead fall kill with a JO sesh.

lmbo

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.
50 Foot Ant

Steam- tim_willard (Screen Crazy Grampa Ralts or Unknown Error, depending on which computer I'm on)

Games Played: Jesus, I've got like 200 loving Steam games. (Mostly poo poo I bought for like $2.99 a pop over the years)

I do twitch a lot, mostly me getting high and staring at Kerbal Space Program or Payday 2 or completely sucking at whatever game I'm streaming, but that's probably loving boring.

I had a lot of fun with Ghostbusters so far (Just finished the Library and Gray Lady) but that's probably because I have low expectations for the world in general.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

50 Foot Ant posted:

50 Foot Ant

Steam- tim_willard (Screen Crazy Grampa Ralts or Unknown Error, depending on which computer I'm on)

Get & play & twitch stream Space Engineers.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
A twitch Space Engineers or Forest would be fun.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
heres me and hdi killing fools and then me dying like a punk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CZPSCjfdo4

enjoy my lovely music

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
man that bitch just wouldn't die. sorry i was building a houseboat while you were dying defending the eagles nest :(

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

enjoy my lovely music

you don't deserve to have ears

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

you don't deserve to have ears

rude

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
Finally logged into Steam after forever to see all the games I've been missing out on.

It seems Steam is aware of my "Dark Fantasies".

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Well, Mount & Blade is a legit good game, so uh, seems pretty reasonable to me.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.
I don't know, man. I've heard that Disney Princess game is crazy full of blood, and murder, and something about a dragon raping a crab, I think.

Totally dark fantasy.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Delizin posted:

Finally logged into Steam after forever to see all the games I've been missing out on.

It seems Steam is aware of my "Dark Fantasies".

Fire???

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.
crossposting: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3690522&pagenumber=1#lastpost

Pick between The Crew, Assassin's Creed: Unity, or Farcry 4

$30 will cover it (including PP fees).

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
I think I have seen everything The Forest multiplayer has to offer in it's current build phase. It starts off awesome but there's no real challenge after you establish a fort and have a reliable food source. Really looking forward to the new stuff they add for this one. It's on pace to be everything I wanted out of Rust and then some.

Watching cannies getting owned by the dead fall is still awesome though.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

I think I have seen everything The Forest multiplayer has to offer in it's current build phase. It starts off awesome but there's no real challenge after you establish a fort and have a reliable food source. Really looking forward to the new stuff they add for this one. It's on pace to be everything I wanted out of Rust and then some.

I really wanted to play more w/ you guys but the last time I died was lame so I quit and went to bed and then haven't been around much this week :(

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

To be honest, it's pretty much the same in singleplayer. My favorite build spot is on top of a cliff facing the sea, and once I've established a shelter, I put down a rabbit cage and a meat drying rack, then build some defensive walls, a happy birthday trap as a gate, and then everything else is just easy. It also helps if you use the game-breaking glitch of Molotov cocktail crafting, wherein you open up the inventory, put down the alcohol and the rag, close the inventory, reopen it, and you'll still have the little cog there that allows you to craft them without depleting either resource. Presto, win any fight you get into, although I've only really used it to deal with nuisance mutants who won't gently caress off when I'm trying to build something.

My compound now has two sets of walls with happy birthday traps as gates, effigies in front of every approach, deadfall traps closest to the nearest mutant village, and I'm now building a nearby treefort compound just to switch things up. I'm not even tryharding this poo poo, it's just easy to do once you've got a little redoubt set up. If they boost the AI, maybe it'll get tougher.

I also haven't explored the caves yet, although I'll probably do that once I'm done building Waco in the Willows.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

krispykremessuck posted:

I really wanted to play more w/ you guys but the last time I died was lame so I quit and went to bed and then haven't been around much this week :(

I'll be down this weekend to ice some tranny cannies :)

suboptimal posted:

I also haven't explored the caves yet, although I'll probably do that once I'm done building Waco in the Willows.

I found the caves to be pretty boring after a while, but really cool initially. That seems to be the trend. The crafting/building needs to be beefed up to be like rust or better. Just wanna build a watchtower, dammit.

Maybe I just miss when Rust was fun :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Maybe I just miss when Rust was fun :sigh:

rust was extremely ill and a ton of fun and I recently tried to get the band back together on that game but some folks just can't put down the hacks

• Locked thread