Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Kickstarter isn't a terrible idea but people have the wrong idea about what it is and how it's used. Crowdfunding can be an awesome tool that can help things get made that otherwise wouldn't see the light of day. Especially if it's a really niche item that wouldn't otherwise sell well.

Boardgames (especially grognardy hex and counter war-games) have had a P500 system for ages where it took 500 preorders in order to send something to the printers. That was typically the break even point for the publishers and people had to commit to a purchase 6 months or more in advance in order to get many games printed.

Preselling the game? Ok, I get that. Constantly selling new spaceships for a game that isn't anywhere close to being completed is a different story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Fart Sandwiches posted:

That guy is your uncle!? How did I not catch that?

When you sit down at the table he tells you that iirc

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Played doom and while it's not bad it's not really gonna push the fps envelope either. I don't dislike the idea of loadouts but an arena shooter where you're not fighting to dominate weapons spawns seems like it's trying to make it easier to approach while missing the point of an arena shooter in the first place.

I mean it's doom without carmack.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

ded posted:

Would be nice to be able to ban 'anime'

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Does anyone here play arma 3? I've been thinking of playing it but I kinda want to find a group to play with first.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

http://www.amistech.com/msc/index.html#media

lol, this video owns. If something like this was added to a game like dayz I dont think my autism would ever let me quit. I think I could spend the rest of my video game life wandering a post apocalyptic waste land looking for parts to build my summer car and drinking beer.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Aug 8, 2016

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Arrath posted:

Head to Balmora, join the mages guild. Teleport to Caldera or wherever, swipe the ring of invisibility from that one shopkeep.

Five finger discount everything you ever see from here on out.

stealing poo poo in oblivion after school was the best

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Firewatch is a super fun game to get high and play FYI. It is pretty, oddly suspenseful, but its all story driven so very relaxing.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 9, 2016

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I have no idea why xbox and PC games aren't cross platform gameplay for non FPS stuff.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The Rat posted:

Maybe it's something to do with mods? Kind of baffles me too, you'd think it'd be easy to do on a turn based game.

the only game that I know that does it is final fantasy XI. 360, ps2 and PC users all on the same servers.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Really? Which platforms?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

This poo poo doesn't happen nearly enough with lovely game studios. Its only happening in NMS because of how flagrant it is, but a gently caress ton of studios release 'totally real ingame footage' that is carefully manipulated.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I haven't played RPGs in a long time. I loved oblivion but didn't get into skyrim that much and thinking about playing witcher 3. Are there any good non MMO multiplayer RPGs?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Yeah I'm already going to player witcher 3 but I'm wondering if there are any good multiplayer RPG games out there.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

has anyone here had a problem with witcher 3 not launching? I just bought it and it wont load or anything.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Redeye Flight posted:

If we can get a return to fast-paced shooters a la the new DOOM then I would be a very happy man.

https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/

OG unreal is getting redone.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Naked Bear posted:

Dishonored is a legit Good Game. I thought it looked pretty stupid when it first came out (hurr durr steampunk and magic), but I wound up playing through it recently and it's a loving blast. Deffo worth playing and all of the extra stuffs.

its also good steampunk instead of weirdos gluing gears on all their clothing.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I stopped play d3 as I don't really care for timed dungeons.I'm pretty excited for the new patch though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Is there any way to mod mgsv to add in music?

• Locked thread