Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Metal Gear Solid 3 is still a solid (hurrrr) game. Takes some getting used to with the weird controls and whatnot but pretty satisfying.

PSN: xwonderboyx
Steam: FartSandwiches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Spicy Guacamole posted:

I started Peace Walker on PS3 a couple of days ago because it's in that HD pack with 2 and 3. How the gently caress has nobody ever mentioned this one to me? It seems rad as poo poo.

Steam: Headshot Fairy
I don't do much PSN or XBL.

It is real good. Phantom Pain is gonna be so tite.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Haha I double crossed you! But wait! Ho ho you triple (quadruple?) crossed me! Haha you killed the boss and now you're the BIG boss!

Metal gear owns gently caress you

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

bengy81 posted:

RIP in piss peep poop.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Some irl friends got me into wow. If you buy the base game and latest expansion you get one character boosted to 90 (cap is 100) so it's not too bad to get to endgame. I have fun shooting poo poo with friends. There are better games but go with the flow eh

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Got the GameCube emulator working with zero troubles and metroid prime owns today just as hard as it did 13 years ago. X360 controller works great for it too.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
If any of you dudes wanna play old awesome GameCube games the dolphin emulator is top notch. 1080p antialiased metroid is good times. Gonna hit prime 2, then Mario sunshine.

Save states are rad also.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
gently caress you forever that system owned.

Also yes twin snakes supremacy.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I got an Amazon fire tv (Apple TV/roku competitor on an android base) which apparently can emulate up to dreamcast so I'm gonna try that out soon enough.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

bengy81 posted:

I'm lazy and don't want to google, link the dolphin emulator build you are using. TIA

Dude I set this up while blackout drunk. Check the thread in games.

checking the "about" poo poo under help im on vanilla 4.0.2

No special dev poo poo or anything. poo poo this version was compiled nov 2013 so its probably not even the best working version but it gots the games I want.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

ElMaligno posted:

Just an FYI gamecube controllers are so good that Nintendo made a dongle you can connect to your Wii U and plug gamecube controllers.

You can have 8 gamecube controllers to that console and play 8 players smash bros.

message me when some sperglord gets that dongle working with pc

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

they did this to appease the smash spergs because they loving revolted over the wii version of smash

so much so that the spergs made their own hacked version of the gamecube one for tournament play

nintendo needed money after how bad the wii-u did at first so they finally shook the sperg tree. made smash bros with a sperg mode that turns off all items and makes every level into final destination, made new gamecube controllers, and made real life dolls that they can level up in game

they monitized autism

the end is nigh

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Two Finger posted:

bushido blade loving owns

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

honestly i cant handle 99% of jrpgs these days, since im not 12 years old anymore

Every now and then i get the nostalgia itch to play an old final fantasy or pick some new rpg up and then I remember A) the stories are all poo poo and B) I am not 12 and have no time for 80 HOURS OF EPIC GAMEPLAY. I get pissed when a game takes longer than 10 or so these days.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Mike-o posted:

what was that game that was coming out back in 2008 or some poo poo that got retards in the military all riled up and something about banning it from the PX? was it Battle for Fallujah or some poo poo?

Pretty sure it was Medal of Honor when they brought it out of ww2 and into modern times to try and compete with calladooty

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Godholio posted:

This was one of the COD games. Black Ops?

Modern warfare 2

:goonsay:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Never played it. Is it a rts or like space shooter sim thing?

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
duke nukem 3d is pretty hard.

the replay feature on the megaton edition owns

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Mike-o posted:

duke nukem and tomb raider were the first computer games i ever played. first time i got to play with a computer was at my buddy's house and played those. 10 year old me was blown away by stripper tits.

:dukedog:

I got tomb raider 2 on the pc for christmas when I was 11 or 12 along with an N64 branded joystick (wtf!) that I could never get to work. Had a hot babysitter that saw the cover art and was all " I know why you asked for this game" because it looked like this and yeah she was right:

I played that poo poo with keyboard alone and ended up finishing the game without a guide or cheats. poo poo was on sale on Good Old Games and I tried it and don't know how I ever put up with that poo poo back in the day.

fake edit:

found it! The only images I could find were from australian ebay

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nintendo-PC-15-pin-joystick-controller-vintage-rare-NJS-3d1-nice-/131246020538

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Probably a combo of running out of money and time so the publisher is like gently caress you release it. Or people are bad at designing good boss encounters so they are like okay lets do something we know will work.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Same

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I was havin a blast with the kool krew in BF4 and bought premium because I'M GONNA PLAY THIS FOREVER and then rrail killed himself and it just wasn't the same. Never really played past the first or second "expansion".

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

OZYMANDICKASS posted:

I've never actually played any games with any of you people but "buy new game at full price, stop playing it after a week" seems to be the cycle.

Basically. I've done really well lately playing games I already own and only buying when they're on sale.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

krispykremessuck posted:

we played that for a long rear end time, all the way into the second or third expansion. Whichever had the carriers and half-assed titan mode, then it just kind of petered out. we switched up to DayZ and Rust for a while

Yeah dayz and rust with you guys was the best.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I'm gonna get me one of them new 3ds things because I can't stop buying slightly altered gadgets.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Ps+ is in its future.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Saw this earlier today

Esroc posted:

This more general, but a lot of PC games are really dragged down by horrid optimization.

My laptop is in no way a powerhouse, but it can play games like Metal Gear Rising, Ground Zeroes, Shadows of Mordor, Skyrim crammed to the brim with mods, and a slew of other very pretty and complex games on medium settings just fine. But then I load up Far Cry 4, Dying Light, Witcher 2, or Dragon Age: Inquisition (which runs on lowest, but looks like a PS2 game when you do), and they all run like dogshit even at the lowest settings and the lowest resolution available. And they really aren't any prettier or CPU intensive than most of the games that run just fine.

This just smacks of devs who don't give a poo poo about their playerbase except for the small percentage with unnecessary $1000+ gaming rigs.

Like 1000 dollars is some unattainable goal to be able to play modern games. The whole PC master race thing is annoying but also people acting like gaming on PC is impossible without dropping thousands of dollars. Save some money for once and you, too, can have ab awesome PC.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

no they're FARTS

I'm better than that

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

does anyone have the sony gold headset for ps4

is it worth getting? i cant use my wired headset when i use my fightstick

It's very good. Unless you listen to sperg audiophiles and it's THE WORST EVER.

Go ask in the PS4 thread. I dare you.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Half-Life 3 → goons riled up
Not Half-Life 3 → goons riled up
∴ goons riled up

Trigger warning that poo poo

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I need something to play. I got mad first world problems and too many games.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Where can I order this mgs5 limited edition? I don't see it on amazon and I need that desk thing. I got the revengance lamp and I need that HAND GOD drat

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Helldump Immunity. posted:

Last Metal Gear I played was on NES. Still shocked that Big Boss betrayed Snake like that

There's been too much backstory since then to really care anymore :effort:

THat's not even the real metal gear. A lovely port Kojima-san had NOTHING to do with.

:goonsay:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
So n4butts might seem like the ultimate mgs superfan but in addition to my 6 goku tattoos I have 1 metal gear solid tattoo. It's the foxhound logo from mgs 4 on my foot.

I am a giant gay anime baby and I understand all of your derision. I just need to establish nerd dominance.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

also fart sandwiches do you have the good foxhound logo tattoo

No it is the bad one. The new lovely one because I was 23 and dumb.

I'm still super dumb but I know better about tattoos.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Nope. It's the image I posted earlier on my foot like I'm a 19 year old girl getting an infinity symbol with the word love in one of the lines.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Slim Pickens posted:

I used to play the old aa too, even played a bit while I was in and got a sweet star next to my name for having an ako account.

The new one's decent, a bit more arcadey and easier to play but still a lot like the old one. It even has the bridge map. Played it till I got bored, changed my name to Nidal hassan and cooked off grenades next to teammates until I got kicked

:vince:

That's beautiful.

Change your name to manning and type in the open channel your teammates positions or something.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
gently caress you all mgs is awesome regardless of story. Consider the game in context of the time it came out and controls make perfect sense. When MGS2 hit dual stick controls hadn't really made their way to consoles, overhead cameras were the poo poo, and convoluted stories were also the poo poo.

fucjk whatever mgs is good and you are all bad

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

There are people out there who sincerely believe David Hayter did an awful and disrespectful job voicing Snake and I'm not sure I'm ok sharing this planet with them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
http://www.amazon.com/Metal-Gear-Solid-Phantom-PlayStation-Collectors/dp/B00UFOYR2I/

Phantom pain prosthetic arm edition on Amazon

100 bucks. I don't think they charge till it ships. It's happening!

• Locked thread