Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Chicken Doodle posted:

Hey Ref, whaddeya think about the Oilers-

...carry on.

Subban's fart so strong -- he wasn't even AT that game..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I'm happy for them, but they'd better hope it's sustainable -- just a reminder that the Edmonton Oilers made a semi-recent SCF appearance and..

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Bourque was a top 10 player for 20 years and is the second best defenseman of all time.

A Typical Goon posted:

Bourque is the second best defencemen eve

I know Subban is good, but let's not go nuts here, guys :cool:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

You know what, I ain't even mad the Habs lost. You can't win 'em all and with my idiot memory I can barely remember the last time they lost so whatever. Just don't make it a habit and I'm fine with the odd loss here and there.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Or if you look like Wolverine or Professor X and really need a new Facebook profile photo.

I kind of liked Casa Loma but I'm into dumb poo poo like that. I definitely wouldn't do it a second time, but I thought it was neat to see.

As someone who lived at Disney World and other Orlando poo poo pretty much every day for like 5 years running I think it was hard for me to adjust my expectations of "things to do" not including heading down to a theme park every weekend, so when I moved back to Canada I found the city awfully dull. It was hard to break that mentality but I've finally started enjoying the city again for what it is. My shortlist for things to see and do would be Ripley's, the CN tower (bonus points if you jump on the glass floor), HHoF, AGO, ROM (if you're into that kind of thing), Casa Loma (because ehh I liked it).

Also come check out our new dumb glass roof on Union Station. It only took like 800 years to build. Take the Subway up to the Sheppard extension, marvel at the subway line to NOWHERE! (I take it home from work almost every day and it's very luxurious having a car to yourself thank you very much)

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I don't really mind the new jerseys except for the green. If the green parts were reflective I'd probably wear one for winter biking :q:

I dunno, as a one-off jersey I've seen worse. I have no idea what they're going for though.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Oh geez, we're playing the Isles without Carey tonight (I would assume, since he's DtD).. This is not going to be pretty.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

OK well I was wrong about the Isles game, so I guess I hope that every time we play a super hot team they're on the tail end of a two game stretch.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

fits posted:

you're tanking the wrong way :arghfist: :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b97zJxKEqAk

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I don't typically hate on the all-star break but I want hockey this weekend, not some dumb game for dumbs.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

HookShot posted:

Hahahaha Sportsnet just had a leaf jersey throwing infographic that pointed out that the Leafs have had more jerseys thrown onto the ice than goals scored in the last three games.

I'm working from home today and had the TV on in the background. I was dialed into a meeting when I saw this on the screen and almost burst out laughing on speaker.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Fire Bettman.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Levitate posted:

lovely tv shows.

Whoah whoah whoah I know you're going for an edgy post so I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

sedative posted:

gently caress off Marty

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Emelin, one way rocket trip to the Sun? Yes?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Oh no why did 1 million fewer people watch that awful fantasy draft.

Oh right because it's a dumb event and we should weep for humanity until the number of people who watch it is considerably lower yet.

I'm actually really happy with Rogers' handling of the NHL so far. I've watched way more NHL on TV than I did in previous years. I barely remember that I have GCL and I really only fire up the AppleTV to watch NHL when the Habs aren't on TV. Coverage of which has been surprisingly good in Southern Ontario.

I could literally not care less about the hot stove or full kitchen or whatever the gently caress talking head segments they have on. It was bad under CBC and it's bad under Rogers and the only way they'll make it not bad is to just stop airing talking heads and give us live feed from the rinks during intermission.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jan 28, 2015

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

mcvey posted:

Put Ovi on the round hot stove table

Fire the hot stove round table into the sun with Emelin

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

toe knee hand posted:

It sounds like they're putting up everything they can glean from the full play-by-plays (e.g. http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20142015/PL020697.HTM).

That's where the other sites get Corsi and zone starts and all that. The NHL tracks and publishes those things in these play-by-plays, it just doesn't compile or total them or anything.

God drat the poor guy whose job it is to compile that stat sheet.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

thehustler posted:

Should I buy this? It's only 8 pounds. And it's loving meerkat hockey!

If you're not currently starving or homeless then the answer is always yes.

Also:

What the hell -- a Montreal day game? What madness is this?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

sedative posted:

The Sabres went 0-for-January. They got 0 points and were outscored 51-18. It's pretty incredible.

When does it end?

Feb 3 @ Montreal
Feb 5 vs St. Louis
Feb 7 vs Dallas
Feb 8 vs NY Islanders
Feb 10 vs Ottawa
Feb 15 vs Philadelphia
Feb 17 @ New Jersey
Feb 19 @ Philadelphia
Feb 20 vs NY Rangers
Feb 22 vs Nashville
Feb 24 @ Columbus
Feb 26 vs Vancouver
Feb 28 @ Florida

Feb 3. It ends Feb 3.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

OK I know I'm supposed to be giddy that the Leafs suck, but I can't even feel smug about it anymore. Now it's just sad.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

So the Habs got 2 goals in 2 games which is kind of crappy, granted they were playing two really good teams and they DID win both. Hopefully they can put some rubber behind Mr. First NHL Game Yotes Frenchie Man Goalie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Also, all the games are day games today. Which is dumb because there's nothing else going on today worth watching.

• Locked thread