Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The web voting for the All Star Game is dumber than Martin Brodeur on a video game cover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's not as bad as Corey Crawford.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You'd have to pay me a lot more than $30 to watch like a 3rd of the teams in the league.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

eXXon posted:

The NHL is already tracking players on the ice: http://www.powerscouthockey.com/who-is-the-nhl-fastest-skater-tracking-data-finally-provides-the-answers/

Who knows if/when they'll ever share the data, though. This is just from optical tracking, but they could easily put RFID/whatever chips in skates, sticks, pucks, anywhere. In fact I recall reading that they were doing exactly that this season, but again, don't expect to see the results anytime soon.

I want to see the opposite for who the slowest players are.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Juvi posted:

Reports are that he's already on a plane, getting the gently caress out. He'll probably dress tomorrow.

If I was a tradeable player for the Oilers I would be sitting in an airport every minute I'm not required to be with the team, just in case.

Spamtron7000 posted:

Perron is going to light it up a la Kunitz with Malkin and/or Crosby creating a lot of open net chances for him. Good trade for the evil enemy.

Congratulations 2018 Olympic Gold Medalist David Perron.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They might have been better off getting rid of Sutter.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me 5 times...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Dirty Burger posted:

Bobby Ryan is so fuckin good

Well Neil could have scored that goal.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

NHL Honda Some Stars Game.

Does the NHL throw Columbus a sympathy pick for being the host and having no stars?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Some dumb GM is going to pay way too much for Lucic.

And this time it won't be Chiarelli.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kyrosiris posted:

Pretty expensive trolling

That's going to be the name of the book I'm writing about the Leafs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Neither of them are Italian though?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The rule is there so rear end in a top hat teams like the Flyers can't take away the players' family time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think that's still zero actually.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bourque was PPG 13 years in a row.

3 of those (and a 4th one) were in Lidstrom's era too.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jan 5, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

xzzy posted:

gently caress Erik Cole, god bless Patrick Sharp.

Also, what the gently caress Corey Crawford.

He's an All Star, he doesn't need this poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

evenworse username posted:

Beaulieu has been genuinely good since getting back into the lineup (perhaps, just perhaps, making the decision to send him down earlier look silly?)

Or genius because it made him come back good!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

To be fair, Jordan is his real name and Jordie is a stupid name that nobody who is over the age of 4 and also isn't a French baby should have.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No that one doesn't work, sorry.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Grimby posted:

Dougie is a stupid name and that's why Boston is going to trade him somewhere in a panic move for a bag of pucks.

Yeah but there's no 4 year old French baby named Dougie who released a song.

You guys suck at the 90s.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spamtron7000 posted:

But he fits perfectly in Boston where his teammates are named Tuukka, Zdeno, Milan, Torry, Loui, Simon, Patrice and Brad. Who names their kid Brad anyway?

Mr. and Mrs. Doty.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Screw Bertuzzi, but he's probably an upgrade on at least 3 teams.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Possession is a team stat.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hand Knit posted:

On a slightly different note, the NHL is going to test drive player tracking tech at the allstar game.

Sir this seems to be broken. It's reporting Corey Crawford on the ice,

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spamtron7000 posted:

Does anyone important still care what Ron Wilson thinks?

It probably hurt Kessel's feelings.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If he scored more they would win more.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No don't.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kessel probably is too old to be of any use by the time the Leafs inept management turns things around.

However so are any of the pieces he could be traded for.

Maybe a couple of firsts in 2038?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They have an agreement in place with the CHL that once a player is sent down to junior they can't be called back up that season except on an emergency basis.

I assume that emergency would have to be like the team's AHL affiliate plane landing on top of their ECHL team's bus or something.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

quote:

Every 'what to do in Toronto' list includes Casa Loma, don't bother with it. It's out of the way and not in the least bit interesting unless you like small mock castles in the middle of an otherwise generic north american city.

Or if you look like Wolverine or Professor X and really need a new Facebook profile photo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Martytoof posted:

I kind of liked Casa Loma but I'm into dumb poo poo like that. I definitely wouldn't do it a second time, but I thought it was neat to see.

I would definitely go if I ever bothered to go to Toronto (but why slum it?)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hand Knit posted:

Also I'm casting an evil eye on the Toronto tourism chat. We have the LAN forum!

The people who post in there are the kinds who like the place they live and you're never going to get good anything from fans of Toronto.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

tofes posted:

I agree, why can't people just look past the domestic violence

The swelling, mostly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Look Around You posted:

I didn't say that at all though :confused:

I mean, remarking that hey, this guy had a record setting game is not the same thing as entirely overlooking him beating his GF. Domestic violence is honestly really horrible and it needs to stop, and I think that our culture feeds into the police turning a blind eye to it and it not being prosecuted (same with rape/sexual assault), but I'm not sure it needs to be brought out literally every time someone mentions him, and I'm not sure it means that nobody can recognize that he set a record in that game. Him setting a record in a hockey game is not related to him beating his wife and I'm not sure why recognizing him having a good game is the same as looking past him beating his wife.

A team record.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Look Around You posted:

I thought it was an NHL record for an away team? And regardless he posted a loving 54 save shutout on the road against one of the best teams in the league. I'm not sure what's wrong with recognizing that.

He just tied that one. Boring.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Look Around You posted:

So it was really lovely he wasn't charged, yes, but lets say that Slava Voynov (or maybe for the sake of argument, an American born player) is convicted of his charges and serves a prison sentence. Would it, in your opinion, be appropriate to keep shunning him and make sure he can never get a job after he's done serving out his sentence?

I'm good with that.

Also felons can't cross the border into Canada so that would happen anyway as far as an NHL career is concerned.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The primary quality of a great leader is being a captain on a team that is stacked.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

When do they announce the All Star selections?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Furnaceface posted:

Right after they finish listing the rest of the Blackhawks on there. :haw:

I am a huge Hawks homer, but why the hell is Crawford so solidly on there? I dont live anywhere near Chicago so I cant tell if all the bandwagon fans actually think he is good or if theyre just trolling the gently caress out of the league voting for him.

Then again I wouldnt have picked Keith or Seabrook for it this year either so I guess Im just a bad fan. :(

They were just stuffing the ballot, and he's the starter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He looks older in Vancouver.

• Locked thread