Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Mayheim posted:

I am Tomba the Mighty
I have fast pants

Can anyone confirm or deny Chibi will attend this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

KennyMan666 posted:

Q: So did you hear this juice piece of speedrunner drama-
A: OH MY GOD SHUT THE gently caress UP.

Okay, no, really, let's not do that this year. In the past, we've had rumours, accusations, shady tweets, unverified pastebins and all sorts of poo poo about who did what with whom and why. Keep that poo poo out of the thread, oh my god. This is not the place for that. Last year I had to close the thread because people wouldn't shut the gently caress up and I will do it again if necessary.

lmao how are you such a loving weenie

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
can't wait for all the hilarious drama that will surely result from a bunch of autistic nerds existing in close proximity to each other for a week straight! :) not my favourite part of these marathons, but it sure is up there!

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Spermgod posted:

can't wait for all the hilarious drama that will surely result from a bunch of autistic nerds existing in close proximity to each other for a week straight! :) not my favourite part of these marathons, but it sure is up there!

mine is taz

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yea ok posted:

mine is taz

usedpizza
Jan 1, 2009

Give it up for the champ
mine is the last ninja with taz a close 2nd

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Spermgod posted:

lmao how are you such a loving weenie

So be honest. How much do you want to post puns with the word cuck in them?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
for real though who wants to read about speedrunner drama and why

calling people autistic while being deeply invested in the lives of people who play super monkey ball moderately well is the weirdest poo poo

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Endorph posted:

calling people autistic while being deeply invested in the lives of people who play super monkey ball moderately well is the weirdest poo poo

i dont think you have to be deeply invested to think the idea of some guys mormon wife getting a train run on her at the speedrun convention is funny

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Spermgod posted:

i dont think you have to be deeply invested to think the idea of some guys mormon wife getting a train run on her at the speedrun convention is funny
i dont really care about whose wife gets a train run on her actually

the sex lives of video game people are not a thing i care about

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Endorph posted:

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Endorph posted:

i dont really care about whose wife gets a train run on her actually

the sex lives of video game people are not a thing i care about

Sorry

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

i'd gently caress geoff

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Speedrun drama is great

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Spermgod posted:

i didn't really think it was that funny but then now i find this hilarious

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
These are sad broken people and I for one will not gawk at their hilarious bad brains

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Endorph posted:

That guy sleeping with that gal while her husband was at the event was legit the best thing to happen at any of these though.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
apologies for saying 'autistic nerds' yall. that was ableist and also very uncreative. i'd like to retcon my post to say 'socially maladjusted weirdos'

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I like when people play videogames for charity and I like when we can talk about the videogames and cool things about running them

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Spermgod posted:

How do you know this stuff.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Since we're talking about playing video games quickly, whats the N run like?

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers

Spermgod posted:

the drama that always pops up at these events always owns

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
will the unbelievably greasy long haired man who cries for no reason be competing at the autism olympics this year?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

mycot posted:

How do you know this stuff.

It's the most well known thing about the event...

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
There's an imp zone thread if you want to talk about dumb speedrunner drama instead of the actual speedruns and I'm sure you can make a gbs thread if you just want to say cuck over and over

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

New WR on the thread police appearing

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

flatluigi posted:

There's an imp zone thread if you want to talk about dumb speedrunner drama instead of the actual speedruns and I'm sure you can make a gbs thread if you just want to say cuck over and over

They're piling in here because "cuck" and "im gay" are bannable in GBS this week.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

dis astranagant posted:

They're piling in here because "cuck" and "im gay" are bannable in GBS this week.

Rejected by GBS. Wow.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
I Have No Dignity And I Must Post FrankerZ

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Triticum Guzzler posted:

will the unbelievably greasy long haired man who cries for no reason be competing at the autism olympics this year?

which

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Can't wait to donate to the same game that's been ran in every marathon.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

dis astranagant posted:

too be fair, "cuck" is just so overdone at this point its kinda unbelievable how well goons ran that poo poo into the ground. :regd08:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Dizz posted:

Suggest a new game then.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Ramadu posted:

its kinda unbelievable how well goons ran that poo poo into the ground

You've been here since '04 and you're still not used to goons running poo poo into the ground with superhuman efficiency?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Ramadu posted:

too be fair, "cuck" is just so overdone at this point its kinda unbelievable how well goons ran that poo poo into the ground. :regd08:

it's actually very believable, imo

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Dizz posted:

Oh wow look at you Mr. Edgy with this post. What do you expect them to do? What would you like them to run? The fact of the matter is that a lot of people like seeing Super Metroid races; a lot of people enjoy watching Ninja Gaidan. The fact that you are mocking something for a good cause is despicable. Don't like it? Well, do something about it and shut up.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Dizz posted:

Ignoring the boring troll, I actually use those times to catch up on the runs of more interesting things.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Anime Curator posted:

Oh wow look at you Mr. Edgy with this post. What do you expect them to do? What would you like them to run? The fact of the matter is that a lot of people like seeing Super Metroid races; a lot of people enjoy watching Ninja Gaidan. The fact that you are mocking something for a good cause is despicable. Don't like it? Well, do something about it and shut up.

You named two good games to try to defeat him. Shameful.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
They actually do a pretty good job of switching up the games year to year and I know a decent chunk of suggested games didn't get on the schedule because they've been at tons of marathons

it's still a week-long marathon though and you can't drop every game that have been run for ages, especially if they're ones that draw a ton of donations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I just rewatched the TASbot segment from AGDQ14. If this year's TASblock can even come close to matching that then I'll have everything I want from this marathon.

• Locked thread