Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

flatluigi posted:

There's an imp zone thread if you want to talk about dumb speedrunner drama instead of the actual speedruns and I'm sure you can make a gbs thread if you just want to say cuck over and over

They're piling in here because "cuck" and "im gay" are bannable in GBS this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

flatluigi posted:

They actually do a pretty good job of switching up the games year to year and I know a decent chunk of suggested games didn't get on the schedule because they've been at tons of marathons

it's still a week-long marathon though and you can't drop every game that have been run for ages, especially if they're ones that draw a ton of donations

I wonder if whatever the Yetee happened to dump on in the absence of Super Metroid would raise similar amounts.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

DoubleDonut posted:

I think I posted this in the Imp Zone thread already but the Quest 64 race was the first GDQ thing I watched and I still think it's really great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvw3XfvMvdg

That wasn't so much a race as doubling their chance to have a complete run on stream.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Mr E posted:

I'm watching KH2 right now and it's pretty great, is FF7 worth it after this?

FF7 isn't worth it. It's a pretty standard playthrough for over 2 hours then they load up a couple of prepared saves to end up in the endgame and get trolled trying to dupe enough power and speed sources to actually win.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

pointlessone posted:

It looks like someone got mad and started sending out copyright notices for youtube stream rippers. On one hand, I totally get that people are making money out of content that's not theirs, but I also don't see any rush to get an official copy up to capitalize on that same money. I'd rather watch an official, high quality copy on youtube instead of a crappy 15 fps version, but any port in a storm. Twitch VOD doesn't run on my phone.

EDIT: Just saw the playlist link above, good quality youtubes there, for as long as it last.

UA has better than stream quality recordings, he just needs time to split and upload them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Spinball is terrible but my 8 year old self enjoyed seeing it played. I smelled Robuttnik's socks quite a lot as a kid :v:

• Locked thread