Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Tracula posted:

Please don't let UltraJman back. He by far had the worst segment during the entire marathon, even if it was during the bonus section with him showing off his god awful stupid game.

Which segment was this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Goddammit. I regret asking.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

Please JRPGs are the worst and shouldn't be in, you were correct from the start. Anything that takes six hours cannot be a "speed" run. Plus how do you watch someone play a game that isn't even fun to play to begin with.

Anyway here's the best AGDQ video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLWu4V56q10

This video confuses me. Is this dude rebroadcasting a SGDQ run, commentating on it, while also running Pokemon Statdium 2 in the background?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I just rewatched the TASbot segment from AGDQ14. If this year's TASblock can even come close to matching that then I'll have everything I want from this marathon.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Heavy_D posted:

Ideas you have too late for agdq: wsplit running during the marathon, with splits for donations landmarks

$10,000_____03:21:56
$50,000_____10:12:00
$1,000,000_167:43:23

(getting the actual times from agdq2014, rather than made up values, is where thinking of it in advance would have helped...)

Then you could have it running as something to switch to during set-up times, and obviously split each time the 2015 total reaches a milestone.

Trying to speedrun *GDQ itself huh?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

GDQ site is down, guess they're switching over to marathon mode now.

What time does it start tomorrow?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Look at those savages and their Milk.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

The worst ones were "do a thing and I'll donate X money!" so everyone feels obligated to do it because money for charity is the goal even if it's something stupid or disruptive, and there's no way to know if that person is even going to actually follow through or not.

I feel like there should be a "in good taste" rule for things like this, but then again you can't go on the honor system since it's the internet. So I guess it really comes down to the donation readers screening things correctly.

There were plenty in past events that were just fine. But then there's poo poo like "Slap X runner (while playing) and I'll donate Y" That's just disruptive. But simple things like catchphrases form their streams or long standing traditions like giving people hype are fine.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

drat, notch coming in with the 10k donation.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I wouldn't be surprised if big name donators like notch do multiple donations throughout the marathon.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

drat, even without getting the full tornado boost this strat is crazy.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Lol TB with a 666 donation.

I'm actually thinking about picking up some of the shirts. Kill/save the animals one is pretty sick.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

mfcrocker posted:

and a GamerGate shoutout with the inclusiveness jibe, gently caress 'im

Godammit. I missed that. What'd he say?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Mundi posted:

"Don't let anyone tell you gamers aren't inclusive"
Something like that.

Well there was a woman and an Asian there earlier. Inclusiveness achieved.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I kinda wish they had managed to fit splits into the screen. I'd really like to know how close these guys are to finishing for these runs I know nothing about.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Oh gently caress no :stare:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Well this run doesn't have great commentary. At least not from the runner. His couch is good about explaining things. Still too much dead air though.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

That's why I'm looking forward to witwix's runs. Dudes great at commentary.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Whoever said that the donations get really depressing wasn't kidding. This is getting ridiculous.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

They didn't even try...

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Omg these guys are so bad about interrupting the announcer. Like not even talking at the same time just straight up talking over him when he's halfway through a donation.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

mfcrocker posted:

should be in the OP

of every thread on SA

Who is that?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Sir Tonk posted:

Am I missing it, or are Siglemic and Cosmo not running anything?

They're not running anything. Dunno why. Also Cosmo has just been playing ssmb lately.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

ColdPie posted:

Wonder how that guy feels about holding a bunch of bananas for two hours. Can't he like, set them on the floor or something?

Why is he holding the bananas? Was it like a bet or donation incentive?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

It's pretty amazing how quickly the energy left from this marathon. It was great for two games then boom, nothing. They really need to make better choices when it not only comes to game options, but with who commentates.

They should look into getting a dedicated set of casters who they know will commentate. Like dedicated expert casters instead of leaving it up to runners friends or random people who "promised" to watch some runs before hand.
You could have a group of 8 casters take two person 6 hour shifts to makes sure there's some decent commentary to keep people interested.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

theultimo posted:

theyve lost literally 30k viewers since DKR started...END THIS :|

It's almost over anyway.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

flatluigi posted:

It was okay, the technical issues overshadowed it a ton + the dude didn't know when to give up on IL strats though

I think a lot of people completely missed him explaining that you can't get mushrooms in first b/c I was seeing a lot of "wow why is he starting every race in last" in IRC

It was missing his explanation and knowing from past Mario kart games that you could (if you're very good and quick with input).

Either way glad I missed it. Bring on tasbot.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I feel really sorry for the people following tasbot.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

And now begins the first overnight section. I kinda wish they had a hall cam to show how empty that place is now full the hall is during the day.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Just flood the room with cocaine. That'll make this more interesting.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

RyokoTK posted:

Maybe I would appreciate it more if I had played this game.

Hint: No one played this game. It's the anniversary anthology collection of poorly ported and disjointed TR games. It was known as crap from Day 1.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Mr E posted:

It's a remake of the first game, not a collection of the original game in general.

Oh. Well it's still poo poo.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Finally a few donations about people not dying from cancer.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Thank god it's over. And 40min ahead of time.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Poultron posted:

gabes a big guy . when he sits around the house, he really sits around it. haha , half life 3 anybody?

Not if you keep making those drat jokes.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

So I was expecting this to be pretty lame, but I'm being proven wrong so far. This is a good thing.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I'm so glad to be surprised after how lovely most of these runs have been today :allears:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Oh drat, Ray from Achievement Hunter is in the background.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Aw, poor Hank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

"Shoutout to that guy. Whoever he is"

• Locked thread