Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
This dude just bodied tetris.

Oh gently caress there's more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

"This is gunna get crazy." Then what the gently caress did we just watch!?

Warm up.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

He's going to top with off by literally doing tetris in real life isn't he.

He's going to ascend to god hood and judge us mere mortals.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

It won't let him go as fast as he can

HE'S GOT A loving POWER LIMITER ON!!

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

We may see an epic rage quit.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

This man could probably solve protein folding in his sleep.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

He's going to literally burst into flames isn't he.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I DONT WANT TO WATCH A MAN DIE!!!

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Oh thank god he lived.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

SHOW IT YO UFUCKESFASFASDFFEF!

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

What the gently caress did you have to min-max away to be able to do that?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

katkillad2 posted:

I need a cigarette.

gently caress me too but I can't miss this.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

EST:
code:
HOW

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

OH GOD THEY'RE GOING TO SUMMON SOMETHING UNHOLY!!

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

They literally do not have the time to give each other instructions.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Cubey posted:

please ban this person

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

This should be good but goddamn is it not going to be as good.

(please prove me wrong)

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Oh good.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Agent355 posted:

Did I miss the tasbot thing that was coming up? I know it was after ff7 somewhere but I cna't remember where.

thats after PKMN green

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Anyone get (or even get an email about) their AGDQ shirts from the yetee yet?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Finally got a notification that my shirts shipped. No tracking number however even though I'm in the US...

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

flyboi posted:

Got my AGDQ shirt zari-gani's work is amazing as usual

I just got mine yesterday as well. Awesome shirt. Wish they had made a poster of it as well.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Now that I have my shirts I really wish they had made the Kill/Save the animals shirt into two shirts. I like the Kill design way more than the save design.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Lol wut? What'd I say? Or did I just out myself as a alphanerd for wanting to kill the animals.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Ok, I get it now. Yeah, no I would have preferred a dedicated "Kill the Animals" shirt. Still a good shirt though. 100% cotton.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

MVP posted:

Amazes me you can pirate copyrights and sell it as your own to this day

I do find it kinda funny that Nintendo doesn't seem to go after products like this but go way out of their way to shut down LPs, fighting game tourneys, and charity events that use their games.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

flatluigi posted:

There's a difference between fan works and complete reproductions, you know

LPs, streaming, and playing games in a tourney are not complete reproductions of playing a video game.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

mycot posted:

I dunno, on one hand, stuff like the fanbook involves actual money being handed around.

And explicitly using another's copyright/trademarks for your own work.

It's like Rifftrax dubing over a Bond movie vs. Making your own Bond movie and selling it at film festivals. Yeah both involve using someone else's copyright but one is explicitly a copyright violation.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Caitlin posted:

From Nintendo's perspective, one of them shows gameplay/story from games they're actively trying to sell and the other is, effectively, supplemental material that doesn't directly affect the sale of their games. I'm not saying it's right, but it's pretty easy to see why they're alright with one and not the other, whatever arguments you want to make about it.

Yeah, that's true.

Anyway, on the topic of future GDQ: I wonder how many more times WitWix is going to show off his Boshy run. It's very entertaining, but looking at last years and this years it's so similar. The man has his delivery down pat, which is great, but that means it's same sorta stuff. But then again we'll be seeing Metroid/Zelda/Castlevania for the rest of time as well. I just kinda hope a new game like IWBTG/B comes out for people to speedrun.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Seriously? He's the one who made that? Oh well I guess there's no more Boshy games coming from SolGryn.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I wonder how hard it is to make an IWBTG style game.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I do remember WitWix saying that he was getting close to his ideal time a few days ago. Not sure how much longer he's really going to keep running it. The game has enough RNG elements that it seems like there really is an upper limit on technical skill and after that you're just running it over and over again trying to luck out.

Well gently caress...

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

CubicalSucrose posted:

I think the idea (from a year or two ago) had been something like IWTBTG first, see how that does, then Boshy if that's not a complete trainwreck. Precision platformers in general have seen some broader representation, with N, Dustforce, & Super Meat Boy also being run. Anywho, K2 and K3 would both be pretty great to see at a marathon, though I don't know if any of the better runners for those games have any interest in playing them in such a setting. TenShots has been playing a lot of Destiny lately, and that would also be a decent watch.

What are K2 and K3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

flyboi posted:

Witwix has been screwing around with SM64 and has said a few times on stream that eventually he's going to change games at some point.

Which is a good idea probably. Games like Boshy rely on a certain surprise factor to be interesting. There's only so many times you can say "HOW'D HE DO THAT!?" before it's just boring.

• Locked thread