Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I wanted to go to this years AGDQ but I simply lacked the funds in doing so. I would have loved to see Trihex, or Pheenoh and others being there at the hotel or going out to Burger King and talking about stuff, but once again I cannot go to the event. Christmas is over, and the New Year us brought upon us; the only thing I expect next is AGDQ. These are people at the top of their craft, doing live entertainment. Some games people may know and love have mind-boggling exploits and tricks. If you haven't experienced an AGDQ I have two questions to ask you: Why? and will this year triumph over the last? It's in 3 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Dizz posted:

Can't wait to donate to the same game that's been ran in every marathon.

Oh wow look at you Mr. Edgy with this post. What do you expect them to do? What would you like them to run? The fact of the matter is that a lot of people like seeing Super Metroid races; a lot of people enjoy watching Ninja Gaidan. The fact that you are mocking something for a good cause is despicable. Don't like it? Well, do something about it and shut up.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Spermgod posted:

lmao is this a copy paste? is this the new thing for everyone to spam in the chat this year?

You hosed with your message one too many times. Goodbye.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Eonwe posted:

I like when people try to make a post that looks low effort but edit it after the fact to make it more low effort

Goons are weird

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Oh good; he shaved the beard

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

please sticky

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Tracula posted:

Just imagine this year how many donation comments are probably gonna mention poo poo like Gamergate :v:

Yeah like the person who is reading off donations is actually going to comment on that garbage.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I hope I win the PS4. I've been wanting one since last year.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

mabels big day posted:

Well, it is Wario after all

:razz:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i’m skipping the transistor run because i don’t want the game spoiled for me

if anyone’s watching agdq & has me added on steam can you send me a message when the transistor run ends? thank u

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

After getting into Speedrunning Streams I just find regular Let's Plays boring as hell [save of course for a few delectable choices ("I just can't quit you!")].

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Good Citizen posted:

Wow young Gabe Newell on couch

LOL

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

RyokoTK posted:

And immediately he goes to whore extra lives. This is going to go well. :rolleyes:

You can go gently caress yourself :D

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

just want to say that I have been enjoying much of AGDQ so far. what really drew me into it to begin with was that awesome uncharted run. the first couple of games they showed were a bit meh but I kept at; in fact I was planning to stop watching it after the tomb raider run, but luckily I didn't. the TAS bit was fun and interesting but that was it for me for night number one, I didn't really catch any of monday's stream because I was busy throuout the day but it seems I missed some good bits. The speed rund of Donkey KOng Country 2 was fun to watch but not as good as the Super Metroid run the previous year. Just want to say that I enjoyed the mario runs especially the first. Probably my favorite segmen t thus far. glad to see feasel giving commentary during Zelda II though I think it could have been better? the glitch run utterly failed and that was funny. Not really paying much attention to the radiant dawn run since it's long and I have never played it so instead I am watching people review halloween havoc 95 and critiquing it. I'll get back into AGDQ though

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

RyokoTK posted:

I guess I just find this really weird because I've been with my girlfriend for a very long time and we've discussed marriage and plan on doing so, but we're not in a good position financially/logistically to do so right now so we're holding off. If I were to propose to her, in public or otherwise, I'd expect her to say yes because we love each other very much and etc. etc. etc.

This is the last I'm gonna talk about it because Kirby Superstar.
I care about your relationships, ignore Kirby and tell me more.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

do you think the guy wearing the ash ketchum hat washes it?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Arkham City was first played by me on the Wii U. I know it came out a whole year before but that doesn't matter. It remains one of the better games I have ever played. I haven't finished it yet because my Pro controller broke, but I am working on it. I think the best part of Arkham City was I got to beat the ever-loving poo poo out of people who talked poo poo about Harley Quinn. I could be trying to rush across the district to get to one of those drat Zzazz phones and just stop to behead someone because they said her voice was annoying.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

how do I fix BetterTTV it won't load for me and I am getting angry

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Gibbo posted:

Why are you surprised that a speedrunner is wearing the same shirt you last saw him in?

what sort of question is this

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

This is boring and I have neber played a Half Life 1 game.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Jamfrost posted:

I've seen and enjoyed these runs:

I Wanna Be the Boshy
Battleblock Theater
The TAS block
Star Wars: Jedi Knight- Dark Forces 2
Super Mario Bros.:The Lost Levels

What are the entertaining runs that I missed so far?

tetris,, you numbskull

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

is the dark souls run tonight or tomorrow night

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I once met Gocnak at last years AGDQ and he was talking really fast and nervous to strangers but he is still a nice guy and a hellova HL2 speedrunner.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

mango sentinel posted:

He stuttered a lot and sounded nervous when the run started but he settled in pretty fast. He's in the zone and has forgotten about the hundred thousand people watching him.

Yeah, he and I are good friends now.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

The Ferret King posted:

All I'm hearing from those two is an incredible amount of scrutiny about a guy's method of socializing.

Just say he's a nice guy, sheesh.

He told me to post it before the run.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Zurreco posted:

DID HE JUST ALMOST CRY FOR WINNING A PORTAL RACE!?!

No. What are you screaming about?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Tuned in just in time for an Andy LttP run. Andy was probably my first person to watch on twitch (other than teamsp00ky). I was able to subscribe to him just recently and have not looked back. I think LttP is one of the best Zelda games out there because it reminds me so much of my childhood. Ever so often I would donate to Andy because of the quality he puts into the run. I normally don;t like Zelda runs (Any% or 100%) but for some reason Andy is the exception; not to mention he is a pretty cool dude and a really funny guy. I plan of going to SGDQ this year and hopefully get to meet him (if he attends). Just watching this run makes me want to get oiut my SNES and play LttP (which I still have). I know when I donate it's for a great cause but also it let's everyone know I support Andy and the LttP speedrun community.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Great run; quite enjoyable. A little rough around the edges during Ganon's Tower but it was still a solid run. Thoroughly entertained. Keep up the good work Andy and speed on. That's it for me for now. I am going to play some Guilty Gear for a moment.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

is that ZFG on the couch to the right

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I think a proper Majora's Mask 3D run will take place at next year's AGDQ. I think it should. Majora's Mask not being my favorite game but the idea behind it is interesting. A lot of changes happening to that game for the 3DS release that whole knows where it lands in the categories

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

there is definitely going to be a MM 3D run next year mark my post

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

do you think they will make the majora fight harder

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Mr E posted:

Siglemic doesn't look super happy to be there.

I want to Smash it up with Siglemic

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

seriously there is something about SMRPG that I can’t put into words

It’s such a great, true to form Hero’s Journey type of story that Squaresoft was brilliant at telling back in the 90’s. I love it when tropes are used straight and it just all works together, there’s so muc love in this game. You could tell there was a passion and a vision behind it and everyone was having fun.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

SWMadness posted:

I really adore the writing in the Paper Mario games after it, and what you describe is one of the reasons why I defend Super Paper Mario even if the gameplay itself gets a little tedious at times. Passion behind any project makes it a million times better.

You had your prince who doesn’t know he’s a prince, you had your silent protagonist, you had the tough guy who is a bit of a softie, you had mystical spaceman from the heavens! It was almost like a parody of squaresoft games but it worked beautifully as a story itself!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I wish iateyourpie would go back to speedrunning Mario Galaxy 2. I wish there was a Mario galaxy catagory

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

now entering the No Care Zone see y'all in 3:35:00

alright. see you later weirdo

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I think Sunshine gets a lot of flak because it in that position of trying to be better than Mario 64. It also doesn't help that after Sunshine we were introduced to the Galaxy series. One thing that really stand out for with Mario Sunshine is that is has VA and though I think the direction of such voices hurt the game overall (and the impression) it was fun to hear characters you grew up have sense of personality. I know we will never hear the Sunshine Bowser's voice ever again, but it was nice to see, and nice to hear. It made care just a little bit more on who I was fighting and who I was saving. Mario Sunshine is still a great game, and besides MArjora's Mask, seems to be a title that people want to be remade on the Wii U.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I remember Sunshine and getting an Animal Crossing memory card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I hope Calebhart and his girlfriend got back home safely. I think they drove, and did not fly don't quote me on this. Lol.

• Locked thread