Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Since we're talking about playing video games quickly, whats the N run like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Mercy kill the marathon.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

How many viewers did they lose there?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

zari-gani posted:

The Yetee's site keeps going down. They recently moved to a new butt server to prepare for the AGDQ onslaught but they're still getting hammered. On the plus side, despite the issues, they're selling shirts faster than ever and have raised over $6500 already.

ETA: My design's been mentioned here before but what the hell, plugging it again 'cause it's for charity.

http://www.theyetee.com/agdq/

That's yours? Congrats, you got me to spend actual money on a video game shirt. It's cool.

edit: that sounds like sarcasm, but its not

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Depressing comments are the only ones that have any actual content to read though. Look at the tracker, and apart from that it's all dumb memes and variations on "first donation/gently caress cancer/I love [game]/save the animals."

I can see why they want to read some comments, and the vast majority of the non-depressing ones aren't worth the energy it would take for the announcer to open their mouth.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Why is this crap on now, and the TAS segment on when I'm going to have to be sleeping?

100% is interesting if it's genuinely adding a whole bunch more stuff, like in meat boy or dark souls all bosses, but when its just a bunch more dkr tracks or some poo poo...

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

The silence is really the worst thing.

It's not like the marathon is going terribly, but maybe it would be raising even more than it is if they weren't threatening to give potential donators those terrible hats.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I didn't expect to be so invested in Blechy's fuel meter.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Am I crazy or is the third player's stream dimmer than the rest? It was like that for the lawnmower thing as well. What's going on there?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

This game is such a mess, it's great.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

The guy at the back seems to be having trouble staying awake. Pretty sure he slept through the donation calling him out.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Tracula posted:

So what happened to Medibot being an announcer? I don't see him on the schedule anymore.

By announcer, do you mean the donation caller/turtle beach buzzword delivery mechanism? If so, am I reading this right and there's a schedule for who's up for that? Where can I find it, I keep hearing voices I recognise but can't put a name to.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

The Colonel posted:

The best Sonic game is Sonic the Hedgehog for the Sega Master System.

sonic.exe :colbert:

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

He's distracting from the true purpose of the event, here.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I hope they get a first time honeymoon skip

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

My router spent most of yesterday making GBS threads itself. Apart from the awful block, are there any highlights from between tetris and half life?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

CJacobs posted:

gently caress this dragon in the normal game, let alone speed runs. I have no idea why video games put in dragons for you to fight when the one major character trait of dragons in all forms of media is that they fly above you where you can't hit them.

Dragons are big fire breathing flying lizards and that's pretty cool and badass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

The Kins posted:

Little videos explaining individual speedrunning tricks might be a nice way to kill time between runs.

This would be neat. Giving a little context to some of the more difficult/less visually impressive tricks that might not be obvious to someone who doesn't know the game would be a good way to advertise future runs or maybe tell us what was happening in a previous run. Much more interesting that ten minutes of some dude fiddling with a snes.

• Locked thread