Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.
Dat face.

Also happy new year you miserable fuckers.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Hope he got Shipmated before having his ribbons fixed :chiefsay:

Go Oregon, go not Alabama; Big 10, Pac-12 national championship supremacy.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

lol, dis dude is thinkin gently caress my life is over

(what he didnt knwo is it was over the moment he arrived at boot)

happy new year fuckers im still drunk
ahahaha motherfucker's gonna be a PS

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Found out yesterday I'm going to Fallon for the next three years to be a WTI. Fun job and a 90 minute drive from Tahoe; I've already gotten my skis.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Which thread are we using?

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
BOTH

Analogical
May 20, 2013

Sir Lucius posted:

Which thread are we using?

Arione
Aug 19, 2013

by Athanatos

not anymore...

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I haven't drank in two months because my hosed up guts. It's nice to drink again.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Well everyone heard about this by now

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/01/03/world/europe/italy-migrants-rescue.html?_r=1&referrer=

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

looks like a bunch of terrorists, they should just sink the ship with all on board

Analogical
May 20, 2013

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

looks like a bunch of terrorists, they should just sink the ship with all on board

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

That should happen as soon as the Italians take command.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
I'm writing a bunch of E5 evals and their brag sheets make me want to choke someone. Whatever, garbage in, garbage out. Like the lack of effort on these people's parts is hilarious, especially since they're all the kind of people to do twenty. Motherfuckers spell at like a 6th grade level, I'd be embarrassed to send a brag sheet like these up to my lpo.

Sorry for that navy bitch, please go back to..whatever the thing about the ship is.

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jan 5, 2015

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

PneumonicBook posted:

I'm writing a bunch of E5 evals and their brag sheets make me want to choke someone. Whatever, garbage in, garbage out. Like the lack of effort on these people's parts is hilarious, especially since they're all the kind of people to do twenty. Motherfuckers spell at like a 6th grade level, I'd be embarrassed to send a brag sheet like these up to my lpo.

Sorry for that navy bitch, please go back to..whatever the thing about the ship is.

Whoever you submit those to won't let you slide with garbage in, garbage out. Accept your fate and just fix it all now.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Seqenenra posted:

Whoever you submit those to won't let you slide with garbage in, garbage out. Accept your fate and just fix it all now.

Ahahahahahahahahaha.

With the E5s I'm writing these for, yea not much will change. Understand when I say garbage in, garbage out I'm not literally meaning "Fuuuuucccckkkkk iiiitttttt". I mean I'm doing the best with what they gave me. I'm not going to magic up bullets.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

PneumonicBook posted:

Ahahahahahahahahaha.

With the E5s I'm writing these for, yea not much will change. Understand when I say garbage in, garbage out I'm not literally meaning "Fuuuuucccckkkkk iiiitttttt". I mean I'm doing the best with what they gave me. I'm not going to magic up bullets.

One time I was forced to write an eval for one of my guys, so I wrote it and was honest. It was pretty brutal but the guy was a piece of poo poo (poopkitty will vouch for me). My chief didn't like what I wrote so I told him to write it himself and then I found him hours later sitting at his computer in the write up block, he had two words written in it. "lovely SAILOR" was what it said. I just laughed and walked out.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Seqenenra posted:

One time I was forced to write an eval for one of my guys, so I wrote it and was honest. It was pretty brutal but the guy was a piece of poo poo (poopkitty will vouch for me). My chief didn't like what I wrote so I told him to write it himself and then I found him hours later sitting at his computer in the write up block, he had two words written in it. "lovely SAILOR" was what it said. I just laughed and walked out.

By "lovely sailor" did he mean "the only shirt I wear, a Green Bay packers jersey, smells like actual human poo poo?" Because yes.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Seqenenra posted:

Please tell me that dude eventually got an adverse eval.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

orange juche posted:

Please tell me that dude eventually got an adverse eval.

Nope. They gave him a good enough eval to be an instructor to help train the next generation of sailors. I wouldn't write an eval good enough for it so they found somebody else who would. He was the worst at everything. Well, almost everything.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Seqenenra posted:

Nope. They gave him a good enough eval to be an instructor to help train the next generation of sailors. I wouldn't write an eval good enough for it so they found somebody else who would. He was the worst at everything. Well, almost everything.

He was REALLY good at making illegitimate kids on the first try.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I've never actually seen a person get an adverse eval for being hot flaming garbage as a person and a sailor, (even though I have worked with several of them) without a mast case or something else. I wonder if you're actually allowed to give adverse evals without a co's mast or PFA failure? It seems in all the evals I've looked at, 3.0 is the bottom floor for a trait unless you are actively involved in Bad poo poo.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

What does a eval or bragsheet look like for rates that advance like 95% every cycle? I understand it's still important but yeah

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

orange juche posted:

I've never actually seen a person get an adverse eval for being hot flaming garbage as a person and a sailor, (even though I have worked with several of them) without a mast case or something else. I wonder if you're actually allowed to give adverse evals without a co's mast or PFA failure? It seems in all the evals I've looked at, 3.0 is the bottom floor for a trait unless you are actively involved in Bad poo poo.

I gave a guy one that pulled his C-Way approval. He was out on his rear end in a few months. I told him that I was going to, he didn't believe me. At his midterm. "I will not rest until you are out of my Navy, so you'd better be looking for a new job." The XO was hesitant and had me write a P after I handed him the 2.0 not recommended. But when this dude's C-Way approval came in and his reenlistment chit hit the XO's desk he was on the phone. "Chief. Do you still have that Adverse?" "Yes, Sir." "Bring it up, now. Don't go to WEPS."

He was a HUGE shitbag with a hambeast dependa wife who had been ESWS dink for 18 months. He was kicked off Subs for not getting Dolphins, and went to Mast in a school for taking secret poo poo home to cheat. He never went to Mast while I was there, but everyone knew he was poo poo.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
http://m.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wires/2014/1106/Navy-SEAL-who-wrote-book-about-the-bin-Laden-raid-loses-4.5-million

The idiot who wrote the Bin Laden book is suing his lawyers for telling him that it was perfectly fine publishing a book exposing government secrets.

He lost his security clearance and had to forfeit his $4.2 million to the government. Good.

The reasons he gave for not submitting his account to the Pentagon for review? He wanted his account to be published before all the other books soon to be out. Jfc...

A Bad King fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jan 5, 2015

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!

Christoff posted:

What does a eval or bragsheet look like for rates that advance like 95% every cycle? I understand it's still important but yeah

Eval writeups aren't for making E-4 or E-6 or whatever. Nobody even looks at them there, which means the only important thing on the eval is whether you get a P/MP/EP. The reason writeups are important is because they *do* get looked at for advancement to CPO and selection boards for special programs (e.g. STA-21, foreign exchange, rate conversion, etc.). Don't half-rear end your guy's E-5 eval just because you know his rate is 100% to E-6. It's entirely possible you'll end up screwing him over 4 years later whan that half-rear end eval is still in the window of stuff that gets looked at for CPO or a board he's applying for.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

orange juche posted:

It's possible, as in it's something that can actually be done without something specifically triggering it, but it is very rarely used because no one in the CoC wants to be personally responsible for ending someone's career if they can avoid it. No one at all wants to be the one to have to actually say someone is a piece of poo poo and then justify it to the bottom line signer because they certainly don't have intimate knowledge on every Sailor.

SpaceJustice
Jan 4, 2010
That is one thing I didn't understand about the Navy. If someone is a complete piece of poo poo, their eval should reflect that. We had one guy in my division who was the second worst sailor I had ever seen. So when it came eval time my chief gave him a bad eval using pretty language. Things like, "Keeps Reactor Instrumentation clean with little supervision." I just wish that they'd stop with the coded language and just professionally put down how much someone sucks.

germskr
Oct 23, 2007

HAHAHA! Ahh Eeeee BPOOF!

poopkitty posted:

"...out of my Navy...

I'm not familiar with the back story of this turd you had, but I've never understood why people use this term. I get having pride and professionalism in your work and all, but this takes it to a whole new level of stupidity. Everyone at one point or another does something (semi) dirt-baggish to downright criminal (and sometimes get away with it), but to spout off the "not in my Navy," or "get out of my Navy," is retarded in this sailor's opinion. Back to the fields tending to the crops I go, m'lord.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

I'm M'lady.

It is my Navy. shrug

germskr posted:

I'm not familiar with the back story of this turd you had,

This kid was kicked off of subs because he failed to get Dolphins.
When he left Sub Base PL and came to STG school, (literally a mile down the road) he decided that he was "close enough" and put them on anyway.
When his old (boat) CO saw him on base wearing un-earned dolphins, he marched him to CMC and he had his first DRB as an STG.
While he was in a Secret course, he copied his notes on to separate pages to take them to his room to "study."
He was caught during a room inspection when Secret notes were all over his room.
Mast, but he kept his clearance.
Everyone felt bad for him because he would openly tell you that he joined for medical/dental. Kid had a grill like a shark with Downs Syndrome and an underbite.
By the time I got to the ship, the Chief had exiled him ER09 so he didn't have to look at his face.
He had been dink on ESWS for a month. I assigned him EMI (IAW local instruction) which had him on the Mess Decks every night from 1800-2000. He just looked at his closed notebook the whole time.
His fat hambeast wife would be on board every duty day eating on the messdecks and letting rotten kid run around everywhere. The command finally had to go to "visiting hours" to limit her.

The road goes ever on and on but this lovely shitbag should have been out LONG before I met him. I did warn him.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret

SpaceJustice posted:

That is one thing I didn't understand about the Navy. If someone is a complete piece of poo poo, their eval should reflect that. We had one guy in my division who was the second worst sailor I had ever seen. So when it came eval time my chief gave him a bad eval using pretty language. Things like, "Keeps Reactor Instrumentation clean with little supervision." I just wish that they'd stop with the coded language and just professionally put down how much someone sucks.

For some reason it is considered a leadership failure if you can't fix Little Johnny.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Seqenenra posted:

For some reason it is considered a leadership failure if you can't fix Little Johnny.

I've literally been called a "leadership failure" because SN Timmy did something stupid on leave.

Seqenenra
Oct 11, 2005
Secret
You must be in 7th Fleet. If anything horrible or even not horrible happens it is a leadership failure here. I don't know if the policy has changed, but a couple of years ago whenever SN Timmy would have some kind of liberty incident, the first khaki would have to explain to Mr. CNFJ himself what happened and where leadership failed.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

poopkitty posted:

It is my Navy. shrug

Lmao

:chiefsay: x infinity

I sure would like to kick all of these fuckers out but then the navy would have no flashlight holders, fsa's, er09 bodies, etc and would also have roughly six people in it.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Seqenenra posted:

You must be in 7th Fleet. If anything horrible or even not horrible happens it is a leadership failure here. I don't know if the policy has changed, but a couple of years ago whenever SN Timmy would have some kind of liberty incident, the first khaki would have to explain to Mr. CNFJ himself what happened and where leadership failed.

Naw. That was when I was an ensign back in the ole East Coast Navy.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Seqenenra posted:

I've never really understood the point of that, how in the gently caress do you stop idiots who were raised on a steady diet of lead paint chips, TV, and booze from going out and utterly destroying a town, besides telling them the rules and training? Beyond that your only options are literally following them to every location, in person (dunno what good that would do, dumbs are still gonna dumb), or locking them the gently caress up on base.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

orange juche posted:

Beyond that your only options are literally following them to every location, in person

Isn't that deck plate leadership?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

PneumonicBook posted:

Isn't that deck plate leadership?

The navy is hilariously dumb and gay. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

orange juche posted:

I've never really understood the point of that, how in the gently caress do you stop idiots who were raised on a steady diet of lead paint chips, TV, and booze from going out and utterly destroying a town, besides telling them the rules and training? Beyond that your only options are literally following them to every location, in person (dunno what good that would do, dumbs are still gonna dumb), or locking them the gently caress up on base.

Look, if you need me to explain better leadership to you, you clearly need to be a better leader. Now get back and lead.

• Locked thread