Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I haven't drank in two months because my hosed up guts. It's nice to drink again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

orange juche posted:

I've never actually seen a person get an adverse eval for being hot flaming garbage as a person and a sailor, (even though I have worked with several of them) without a mast case or something else. I wonder if you're actually allowed to give adverse evals without a co's mast or PFA failure? It seems in all the evals I've looked at, 3.0 is the bottom floor for a trait unless you are actively involved in Bad poo poo.

It's possible, as in it's something that can actually be done without something specifically triggering it, but it is very rarely used because no one in the CoC wants to be personally responsible for ending someone's career if they can avoid it. No one at all wants to be the one to have to actually say someone is a piece of poo poo and then justify it to the bottom line signer because they certainly don't have intimate knowledge on every Sailor.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

God how loving grumpy are you around all those loving kids, grandpa?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

DustyNuts posted:

Tomorrow, I leave for Expeditionary Combat Skills in Gulfport, MS. I will be surrounded by boot EOD techs and Seabees for 26 days, god help me.

When I think of ranking the trainees I would least like to be around, EOD and Seabees aren't really something that pops to mind. Should be chill.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

justice4trayvawn posted:

Excuse me I don't think you know how important permanent shore duty nukes are to the cause

If only for a proper fire watch, the miami might still be afloat.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also while looking up the name of that stupid boat, I read an article about the aftermath and it's hilarious to me.

quote:

While the report questioned the readiness by firefighters, the Navy also said it was to blame for failing to incorporate lessons learned from past fires into training and for not making the roles for Navy authorities clear. At one point, an order was given to turn back the firefighters dispatched from the Groton submarine base, who knew how to fight this kind of a fire. That order was overruled.

The Fleet Forces report included 99 recommendations – virtually all of which were redacted because they weren’t final decisions, Hawkins said. The Navy experiences a fire of comparable magnitude to the Miami blaze about every five years, and without corrective action, that pattern would continue, investigators said.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Was at a wedding a couple of weeks ago and one of the guests works for the company building the LCS down in Mississippi. Was actually interesting to hear about some of the progress made.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

LCS owns because it's fast and has just two people sitting in the pilothouse driving.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

vulturesrow posted:

I personally think the town is a dump but the campus isn't bad. Great night life obviously if that's important to you.

It's shocking how much they have given the town a facelift. Tallahassee has had huge sections of town completely rebuilt in the past 5 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

LingcodKilla posted:

My roommate is insist about getting a tattoo this weekend. Anyone know of a decent place in Pensacola were the chances of getting hepatitis are lower and the quality is good?

:lol:

• Locked thread