Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
gently caress THEM

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Reign Of Pain posted:

gently caress THEM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz5ODQCueP8

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Reign Of Pain posted:

gently caress THEM

:love: fuckin Kenneth Branagh :love:

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
gonna be -15 tonight and tomorrow we are getting 4-6 inches of snow. ITT complain about weather.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
It got down to 64 today, had to put on a hoodie while I was taking down the christmas lights :buddy:

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
The high temp finally dropped down to the 70s today.

Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

Seek not greatness, but instead truth, and you shall find both.
It's in the 80's here still :gonk:

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Branis posted:

gonna be -15 tonight and tomorrow we are getting 4-6 inches of snow. ITT complain about weather.

:kiddo:

It was -39c with windchill today, which is equivalent to -38f I guess, and we got our 6 inches of snow two days ago. It wasn't fun.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Branis posted:

hahahahahaaha

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Branis posted:

-20 here, and coincidentally that's what my level of self initiated activity will be tonight (negative).

I like the snow though and I'm working tomorrow so I'm prepared for a number of accidents and ditched cars...

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
snow is one thing, bitter cold is a whole other beast on top of it. a Couple years back we had a huge barn fire when it was -24 below air temp and blowing winds and we couldn't keep hoses from freezing over. Ended up taking 8 fire departments from like 3 counties and it still ended up being a total loss. Some drunk came driving by just looking to gawk and ended up getting arrested. The farmer ended up losing a lot of expensive equipment.

WreckSov
Aug 26, 2011
47c here ~ 116f

everyone really should just use celsius.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Hawaii is rough this time of year.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
Imagine if you used some dumb arbitrary system for working out temperatures where 0 wasn't the freezing point

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Hezzy posted:

Imagine if you used some dumb arbitrary system for working out temperatures where 0 wasn't the freezing point

I can't even imagine that. It would just be so dumb. I bet it wouldn't even be scaled so that the boiling point of water would be an easily divisible number either.

So dumb.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Pkq_eBHXJ4#t=37

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Thesoldier posted:

It's in the 80's here still :gonk:

Supposed to drop into the sixties by Thursday.

And then back to the 80s by Saturday.

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009

DrakeriderCa posted:

I can't even imagine that. It would just be so dumb. I bet it wouldn't even be scaled so that the boiling point of water would be an easily divisible number either.

So dumb.

I know, I mean look at the countries that don't use the metric system. Liberia. Burma. And some other country. Craziness.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

JiimyPopAli posted:

I know, I mean look at the countries that don't use the metric system. Liberia. Burma. And some other country. Craziness.

Clearly the bottom of the barrel.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
http://www.wbaltv.com/news/baltimor...m_source=Social

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

JiimyPopAli posted:

Good news, The Country Formerly Known As Burma is moving to metric http://www.elevenmyanmar.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3684:myanmar-to-adopt-metric-system&catid=44:national&Itemid=384

Also Hezzy c'mon son we did a poo poo job of going to metric. "so all your weights, volumes* and temperatures will be in metric and all your money decimalised but gently caress repainting the road signs" thanks Thatcher :argh:

*except for draught beer, cider and milk. Because 70s and 80s Britain was a loving weird place.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Crosspost

http://youtu.be/johD9NMi6r0

Holy poo poo. Most mass shooters are radicalized losers who kill themselves when the cops show up.

These guys waited for the first cop car on scene who probably only had pistols, engaged and executed at least one cop and successfully escaped.

:stare:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Smiling Jack posted:

Crosspost

http://youtu.be/johD9NMi6r0

Holy poo poo. Most mass shooters are radicalized losers who kill themselves when the cops show up.

These guys waited for the first cop car on scene who probably only had pistols, engaged and executed at least one cop and successfully escaped.

:stare:

Video is private, is this the Paris attack?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
If you have to, here is an un-edited video of the cop execution. It is pretty messed up and graphic, so don't view it unless you really want.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=544925935610003

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
Trooper shot in SD tonight

http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.cfm/sd-trooper-shot-at-standoff/?id=174265

Reported to be also taken shots at a police armored vehicle

Branis fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jan 8, 2015

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Third french cop murdered, a female cop at a traffic accident was shot by a masked man with body armor and a rifle.

:(

Patrol cop Ahmed Merabet (a Muslim, not that it should matter)
Franck Brinsolaro
No name on the female officer yet.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Smiling Jack posted:

Third french cop murdered, a female cop at a traffic accident was shot by a masked man with body armor and a rifle.

:(

Patrol cop Ahmed Merabet (a Muslim, not that it should matter)
Franck Brinsolaro
No name on the female officer yet.

Rookie Police Officer Clarissa Jean-Philippe. Prefecture of Police of Paris. End of Watch: 1/8/15.

Officer Jean-Philippe was only 27

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
Are French cops unarmed? I've read that they are but can't find a reputable source.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Thought they carried Sig 9mm.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Are French cops unarmed? I've read that they are but can't find a reputable source.

French national police (Police nationale) carry 9mm semiautomatics, the Gendearmie are similarly armed, (specialty units tend to be armed to the loving tits).

England is an atypical European country, most European countries have firearms ownership and armed police.

As an aside, one of my relatives walked into a sporting goods store in Belgium (or possibly France, not sure) in the 1970s and purchased a shotgun with no ID and pidgin french.

Smiling Jack fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jan 9, 2015

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

News was saying the first french police units on scene were actually unarmed. Yikes.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Untagged posted:

News was saying the first french police units on scene were actually unarmed. Yikes.

That doesn't sound right. Source that isn't a crazed second amendment site selling a "good guy with guns" narrative?

deratomicdog
Nov 2, 2005

Fight to Fly. Fly to Fight. Fight to Win.
I'm hearing differing accounts. Some are saying that they were not armed, others are saying that they were poorly armed

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Smiling Jack posted:

That doesn't sound right. Source that isn't a crazed second amendment site selling a "good guy with guns" narrative?

If you think crazed second amendment people love armed cops I've got some bad news

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

Untagged posted:

Yeah this is what I've come across too. One site said the French police were allowed to have guns but choose not to carry them...?

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Yeah this is what I've come across too. One site said the French police were allowed to have guns but choose not to carry them...?

Small municipal districts can elect to not carry. Not the case with Paris, however. Small municipal districts of 1000 resident cities have sometimes only an armed shift supervisor, for example. Nevertheless, every single police officer in France is firearm trained and 96.5 percent of them carry a weapon nonstop. The ones who elect not to in small towns will always have the weapon in the car or the station.

Disregarding that, you can bet your rear end they are armed now. As a funny fact, they are running out of support weapons, so they are giving the old reserve M12 SMGs so that every cop gets a long gun since the new poo poo ran out:

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jan 9, 2015

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

justice4trayvawn posted:

If you think crazed second amendment people love armed cops I've got some bad news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dakxwoVV7yM

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

I've been to Bordeaux and Paris this past year and saw armed cops in both cities. I also saw military dudes rolling around in Paris with FAMAS or whatever.

Actually, you can see armed cops in London - some with MP5s.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
You'd be surprised at how many London officers are armed, you just don't see them because they cruise about in ARV's (usually a big BMW) with blacked out windows and they only deal with firearms incidents. They aren't fat fucks who only shoot once a month either, their fitness tests are much harder and many of them shoot multiple times a week at a range. Armed detectives are a slightly different story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

You'd be surprised at how many London officers are armed, you just don't see them because they cruise about in ARV's (usually a big BMW) with blacked out windows and they only deal with firearms incidents. They aren't fat fucks who only shoot once a month either, their fitness tests are much harder and many of them shoot multiple times a week at a range. Armed detectives are a slightly different story.

I've also seen cops on motorcycles that looked like they are armed.

• Locked thread