Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/help-find-the-fried-egg-thief-of-scilly-909

VICE News posted:

Public Appeal: A Fried Egg Bandit Is Baffling Police in the Isles of Scilly

A fried egg has baffled police on the Isles of Scilly. How? By appearing at the crime scene of what seems, at first glance, like a standard shed break-in.

A policeman who identifies himself only as "Colin" took to Facebook to ask for help re: figuring out what all this egg business is about, after what looks like some kids broke into a shed to steal a football for a kickabout.

"Somebody has forced open the door to the Football Club shed at the playing field next to the school," read the statement Colin posted at the Isles of Scilly police Facebook page. "It is fairly evident that this was done sometime over Tuesday evening and most probably to get a football out for a kick around. Regrettably however the door was damaged in the process as can be seen in the picture with the bottom of the door split. There are few clues as to how this came to happen other than a fried egg was left at the scene.

"In case you missed any of the salient points above," Colin continued, "I'll summarise:
– Low key investigation with amicable resolution if admitted.
– A fried egg was left at the scene."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.
A kickabout

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

yes because we actually play football with our feet

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Me irl

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

DC metro :tinfoil:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Me irl

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

u irl

(note to northern ppl: this isn't racist i swear!!!!)

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Can't it be both?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
me irl w/ ur mom

ur dad irl

justice4trayvawn
Oct 26, 2014

Reign Of Pain posted:

me irl w/ ur mom

ur dad irl

please go away creepy tax guy

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

justice4trayvawn posted:

please go away creepy tax guy

Only when you die.

Hope that's less creepy.

e: no wait there's that estate tax thing sometimes

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

That's what you get, you get fork stabbed.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

I miss Whip, too. :(

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
I'm throwing this in here because it never fails to cheer me up.

http://www.thrillon.com/tag/guy-taunts-police-officer-but-cannot

I love the sound he makes when he eats pavement. :allears:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

DrakeriderCa posted:

I'm throwing this in here because it never fails to cheer me up.

http://www.thrillon.com/tag/guy-taunts-police-officer-but-cannot

I love the sound he makes when he eats pavement. :allears:

If you're going to prank the police, at least use a prop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrSMywZFSDM&t=72s

The whole video is worth watching but that part is amazing.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Good riddance rear end in a top hat

http://www.newser.com/story/201260/first-us-execution-of-2015-vietnam-vet-with-ptsd.html

quote:

A man who fatally shot a sheriff's deputy who stopped him for speeding on a Georgia interstate was put to death yesterday for the 1998 killing, which was captured on the patrol car's video camera. Andrew Howard Brannan, 66, was pronounced dead at 8:33pm after a single-drug injection at the state prison in Jackson. He was convicted of the January 1998 shooting death of Kyle Dinkheller, a 22-year-old sheriff's deputy in Laurens County. "I extend my condolences to the Dinkheller family, especially Kyle's parents and his wife and his two children," Brannan said in a statement moments before the injection was administered. Lawyers for Brannan, a Vietnam veteran, had unsuccessfully argued to authorities to spare the inmate's life, saying the shooting was tied to mental illness directly traced to Brannan's military service.

Veterans Administration doctors had diagnosed Brannan with post-traumatic stress disorder in 1984 and determined that his condition had deteriorated to the point of 100% disability by 1990, the petition said. In the 1998 incident, Dinkheller stopped Brannan for driving 98mph and demanded he take his hands from his pockets during a traffic stop; officials said Brannan then began cursing, dancing in the street, and saying "shoot me" before he rushed the deputy. After a scuffle, Brannan pulled a high-powered rifle from his car and shot Dinkheller at least nine times. Police found Brannan the next day hiding under a camouflage tarp near his home. The Georgia Board of Pardons and Paroles on Monday denied a request to commute his sentence to life without parole.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
That moment when the new chick talks about "her fiance" and you ask "what does he do" and she gets pissy and indignant and says "Well SHE...". If you get that crazy over someone inferring your spouse might be a dude your in for a rough road a head darling.

Bgwin
Apr 23, 2004
Middle of rush hour traffic is a great place to conduct a peaceful protest and get your message heard....right? #blacklivesmatter

http://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Police-Protesters-Shut-Down-2-Parts-of-I-93-in-Mass-288664891.html

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Bgwin posted:

Middle of rush hour traffic is a great place to conduct a peaceful protest and get your message heard....right? #blacklivesmatter

http://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Police-Protesters-Shut-Down-2-Parts-of-I-93-in-Mass-288664891.html

Putting the 1200 pound barrels in the road is a nice touch too. Nothing shows your cause to the general public and gains their support better like blocking rush hour traffic for hours and putting things in the road that would likely cause serious injury or death! I'm sure they have a ton of new supporters.

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

Untagged posted:

That moment when the new chick talks about "her fiance" and you ask "what does he do" and she gets pissy and indignant and says "Well SHE...". If you get that crazy over someone inferring your spouse might be a dude your in for a rough road a head darling.

I can kind of get it because I also get pissy and indignant at the slightest hint of prejudice or sexism at work. For instance- whenever people mention the brotherhood of police I immediately yell "or SISTERHOOD" and everyone pauses for a moment to silently reflect on their totally sexist behavior and feel embarrassed about it. One time an FTO called me "brother" so I glared at him for 5 solid seconds then reminded him that I am a woman and we are not even related.

I am winning friends and influencing people it's going really well.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

you sound really chill and also fun to be around :v:

Bgwin
Apr 23, 2004

Untagged posted:

Putting the 1200 pound barrels in the road is a nice touch too. Nothing shows your cause to the general public and gains their support better like blocking rush hour traffic for hours and putting things in the road that would likely cause serious injury or death! I'm sure they have a ton of new supporters.

They are getting crushed by everyone here it's amazing. Reports of ambulances be re-routed with serious injuries, cancer patients missing treatment, etc.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

beanieson posted:

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

beanieson posted:

I think that's the reason why no one wants to be partnered with me on patrol- because they are all very serious and professional and I'm basically a chilled out entertainer. It's probably really hard for them to concentrate/get any work done when they're around someone as fun as me all day.

Yeah, that must be the reason. They can't handle the fun.

oh god so lonely :(

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

How short is your buzz cut?

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Bgwin posted:

This is always the beginning of the end of major protests when they block freeways and piss off everyone that really didn't like them in the first place.

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

Grem posted:

How short is your buzz cut?

Varies, usually I try to match the length of my buzz cut to the length of my mustache.

Real talk (everyone realizes my last few posts were not serious...right?): it's like waist length and sometimes a pain because it has to be tied up all the time, but on the upside no one ever recognizes me outside of work when my hair is down. Plus I don't have to use sunscreen on my scalp like all the dudes with shaved heads. Seems like a lot of upkeep to have a buzz cut, to be honest. Never understood the appeal. Guess now is a good time to ask- what's up with all the shaved heads, guys?

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
I haven't had a hair cut in about 3 months

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Pilot to Gunner posted:

Guess now is a good time to ask- what's up with all the shaved heads, guys?

They're hiding the bald spots. If you've got a thick head of luscious auburn hair with natural highlights like me you let that poo poo grow.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I never wore a hat or watch cap for any reason. Can't deprive the world from this luscious head of hair.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

High fade. 6 or 5 on top, 2 on the sides.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Pilot to Gunner posted:

Varies, usually I try to match the length of my buzz cut to the length of my mustache.

Real talk (everyone realizes my last few posts were not serious...right?): it's like waist length and sometimes a pain because it has to be tied up all the time, but on the upside no one ever recognizes me outside of work when my hair is down. Plus I don't have to use sunscreen on my scalp like all the dudes with shaved heads. Seems like a lot of upkeep to have a buzz cut, to be honest. Never understood the appeal. Guess now is a good time to ask- what's up with all the shaved heads, guys?

Going bald :smith:

But now that I'm plainclothes I'm growing out the ponytail :smug:

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

JayKay posted:

High fade. 6 or 5 on top, 2 on the sides.

Oh God you spike it like the rest of your department does don't you.

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Got old money, could buy a dinosaur

Pilot to Gunner posted:

Guess now is a good time to ask- what's up with all the shaved heads, guys?

Went bald at 16. Thank god my head is well shaped. Now I would;n't grow hair if I could. Being bald is a piece of cake. Quick shave every few days to keep it looking sexy, some sunscreen now and then, a solid ball cap (Go Giants), and no such thing as bedhead, shampoo, or expensive haircuts for me anymore.

Growing the beard out was strange. First time I'd had any hair in a decade. Now I keep beard shampoo. That always impresses the ladies. Wait... no it doesn't.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
what the gently caress is beard shampoo and how is it any different from normal shampoo?

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

SrgMagnum posted:

Went bald at 16. Thank god my head is well shaped. Now I would;n't grow hair if I could. Being bald is a piece of cake. Quick shave every few days to keep it looking sexy, some sunscreen now and then, a solid ball cap (Go Giants), and no such thing as bedhead, shampoo, or expensive haircuts for me anymore.

Growing the beard out was strange. First time I'd had any hair in a decade. Now I keep beard shampoo. That always impresses the ladies. Wait... no it doesn't.

I do miss being able to toss on a hat or toque or whatever and not care

Also I have a big head and its a pain trying to find hats that will stay on when I have hair

SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Got old money, could buy a dinosaur

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

what the gently caress is beard shampoo and how is it any different from normal shampoo?

gently caress if I know. Something about being better for coarser hair or some science poo poo?

I choose to believe it makes me smell 8x more manly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

beanieson posted:

They're hiding the bald spots. If you've got a thick head of luscious auburn hair with natural highlights like me you let that poo poo grow.

All gingers should loving swing.

• Locked thread