Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SrgMagnum
Nov 12, 2007
Got old money, could buy a dinosaur

Thesoldier posted:

Welp this week decides if I'm retiring at 30 or not. VA trip here we go :v:

Being retired young is at once the most awesome and most lovely thing ever. Good luck brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

That's what you get, you get fork stabbed.

Untagged posted:

Please don't get pulled over here the troopers will happily write you for the stat.

Unless you mean the other VA and in that case good luck broheim.

You haven't lived until you've sailed through Emporia VA doing 62mph in a 60 zone without getting pulled over.

It's the ultimate rush.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Pilot to Gunner posted:

You haven't lived until you've sailed through Emporia VA doing 62mph in a 60 zone without getting pulled over.

It's the ultimate rush.

Apparently you haven't yet met the Hopewell City Sheriff's Office, and their "Million Dollar Mile".

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/05/hopewell-s-million-dollar-mile-raises-huge-fine-money-controversy-76131.html

Pilot to Gunner
Aug 21, 2009

That's what you get, you get fork stabbed.
Adding it to my Bucket List. Gonna have a trunk full of radar detectors, too.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
If you have to drive 95, time it so that you hit Richmond/DC at midnight.

By the time three AM rolls around you'll be the gently caress out of that state and not hit any traffic enforcement.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
The worst highway for speed traps I've driven in Virginia is US 460 east of Petersburg.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Mortabis posted:

The worst highway for speed traps I've driven in Virginia is US 460 east of Petersburg.

Every intersection past Fort Lee is a town, and every town has a police department which only exists to write tickets.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Mortabis posted:

81 north or south when VT/JMU/Wash&Lee/VMI let out for breaks.

seance snacks
Mar 30, 2007

GunForumMeme posted:

If you have to drive 95, time it so that you hit Richmond/DC at midnight.

By the time three AM rolls around you'll be the gently caress out of that state and not hit any traffic enforcement.

Not to mention that there's always construction going on with 95. Depending on where you have to go, sometimes it's better to just drive around DC/Northern VA by taking 301 towards Annapolis.

Untagged posted:

Every intersection past Fort Lee is a town, and every town has a police department which only exists to write tickets.
And mostly this. Caroline county has a toll bridge and the police literally sit there all day and find cars to ticket as they slow down.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Noslo posted:

And mostly this. Caroline county has a toll bridge and the police literally sit there all day and find cars to ticket as they slow down.

I think you mean King George, and their technically MD cops (MdTA Police) since MD has jurisdiction all the way to the other side of the river.

Edit. That is if you mean the real toll bridge, over the Potomac and not the Port Royal bridge on 301.

Untagged fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jan 25, 2015

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Untagged you're in Loudoun right? Or am I thinking of one of the other Virginia copgoons?

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
So tonight the assistant chief to a volly fire department in my county, who is a huge toolbag. Used his FD radio to scan our law channel and notify his buddy who we had gotten a tip about driving drunk that we were looking for him and gave updates to him about where we were in the county. is there generally any laws about this? At the bare minimum we are gonna throw a poo poo fit and try to get him kicked off the fire department, we always suspected he did this but this is the first time we have caught him in the act.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Branis posted:

So tonight the assistant chief to a volly fire department in my county, who is a huge toolbag. Used his FD radio to scan our law channel and notify his buddy who we had gotten a tip about driving drunk that we were looking for him and gave updates to him about where we were in the county. is there generally any laws about this? At the bare minimum we are gonna throw a poo poo fit and try to get him kicked off the fire department, we always suspected he did this but this is the first time we have caught him in the act.

Just about every state has a "use of police radio in the commission of a crime" criminal code.

That said, charge him with conspiracy and-or obstruction. That ought to shake the branches a bit.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Yeah I would say that's probably an easy obstruction charge. I'm not sure how aiding and abetting works in your state (or your country for that matter) but he may also be criminally culpable for that as well.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
yeah we are looking into obstruction. The lovely issue is local politics is gonna come into play since his family has been here since whatever prison wagon they were on broke down and he has been on the fire department for a long time. Best we are probably gonna get is a slap on the wrist and our law main removed from FD radios.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
How did you even catch him doing this? A witness came forward? It must have been pretty blatant if you suspected it previously.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
caught the drunk driver on a stretch of road with no turn offs and he blabbed. We started suspecting it when he would show up to medical calls that get paged out that never go over the fire channel and the only way he could know about it is if he was scanning on a portable.

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010
I would think obstruction, aiding, and conspiracy to commit.

If the local PD squashes it tip off state police and whatever state agency runs fire.

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
More than likely it won't end up with charges just hopefully getting our channel out their radios since half the fire department spends their nights in the bar and probably do this themselves. The worst part is the guy he was tipping off was a .25 so it wasn't even like he had a few beers and was tryin to drive.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

One call to the state or whoever runs your licensing for the public safety radio frequencies through the FCC and that poo poo will be over.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Mortabis posted:

Untagged you're in Loudoun right? Or am I thinking of one of the other Virginia copgoons?

There are a few of us NoVA goons, either lurking or unlurked.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
You'd get loving crucified for that over here. Misconduct in a public office almost always carries a prison sentence.

Also all firemen are criminals.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

You'd get loving crucified for that over here. Misconduct in a public office almost always carries a prison sentence.

Also all firemen are criminals.

Like your dirty thieving mayor who doesn't pay his taxes. Please arrest him and drop him off at 1111 Constitution Ave, Washinton D.C. tia

http://www.newser.com/story/201633/london-mayor-hit-with-huge-us-tax-bill.html

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

Reign Of Pain posted:

Like your dirty thieving mayor who doesn't pay his taxes. Please arrest him and drop him off at 1111 Constitution Ave, Washinton D.C. tia

http://www.newser.com/story/201633/london-mayor-hit-with-huge-us-tax-bill.html

You can keep Boris, lock him away he's an absolute bellend.

Also can we have the £8million or whatever it is the US embassy owes us for not paying the congestion charge?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Cross posting from the stuff in your butt EMS thread

Koivunen posted:

One of my coworkers told me this story today...

Her husband is a firefighter. The other night they received a call in the middle of the night about a woman having breathing issues. They responded to the apartment building and were greeted by the person's neighbor, who, in a panic, directed them to the apartment. When they arrived, there was a sign taped to the door that said "I CAN'T BREATHE." They figured out pretty quickly that this was related to the #icantbreathe stuff but decided they were obligated to at least investigate and make sure she was okay since the neighbor had called 911 after all. They entered the apartment where the woman was asleep in her bed and ended up scaring the poo poo out of her. She was obviously fine after the initial shock.

The end.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Should have buried a fire axe in her chest, see if a bit of ventilation couldn't help her breathe.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Should have buried a fire axe in her chest, see if a bit of ventilation couldn't help her breathe.

Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

Seek not greatness, but instead truth, and you shall find both.
Went for a ridealong with a PD, he made me process a car for fingerprints :wtf:

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Whale Cancer
Jun 25, 2004

A guy from another agency I met at a school a while back finally gets his shot(s) at 5 minutes of fame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34VEjO-Wi0s

Right in front of a full wedding too :bravo:

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG

Take her to pound town

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Calling bullshit on the running...

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
nothing says bright future like a law enforcement degree from a community college

I have a law enforcement degree from a community college :smith:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Did you swipe right?

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Looks like a cabbage patch kid.

Normal life 3/10

Police force 8/10, although you know she got passed around like a bag of toffees when she was fresh in service. Probably looked like an overstuffed eclair after her first 6 months.

Never Scroll
Aug 15, 2008

cockhunter more like it.

"overstuffed eclair" haha!

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Branis posted:

nothing says bright future like a law enforcement degree from a community college

I have a law enforcement degree from a community college :smith:

:smith::hf::smith:

DrakeriderCa fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jan 30, 2015

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

Looks like a cabbage patch kid.

Normal life 3/10

Police force 8/10, although you know she got passed around like a bag of toffees when she was fresh in service. Probably looked like an overstuffed eclair after her first 6 months.

Never stop posting

Chopstix
Nov 20, 2002

Behold, the greatest police pursuit ever,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jX0Dh6wGTY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
holy poo poo

• Locked thread