Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Jose posted:

Newcastle signing a centre back would be cool and good

Shouldn't you get a new manager first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Pantsuit posted:

Hughes has said that Stoke don't intend to splash big in this window, so there probably much won't be much going on for me.

City has that UEFA restriction on number of registered players, so City will definitely not buy a single player at all this window.

Nope.

No way.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Hoops posted:

Think the interest in Bony has knocked us out of the running. Used to be talk of bids from Liverpool and Spurs, the papers are talking about City and Chelsea now.

I love the rumors that City, in desperate need of fit strikers NOW, is going to buy someone who has literally just got on a plane to the African Cup of Nations.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Sky reckon we're signing Bony for £30M, seems a bit of a piss take with the price, but Valencia are obliged to sign Negredo for £25M this summer, so I guess we're replacing him with someone 3/4 years younger for about the same price

This makes no sense because he doesn't solve the current problem due to being at the ACN, and that's a lot of money for a 3rd/4th choice striker.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Bea Nanner posted:

whats all this?

City loaned him to Valencia with an obligation to buy at the end of the season.

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Clearly not a signing for the short term. Top scorer in England in 2014, probably good for 15-20 goals and arguably our 2nd best forward.

I'm not saying he isn't good, he is, but I don't see him and Dzeko both getting the number of minutes they want. Last season Dzeko scored the same number of goals in fewer games.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

An obligation? Why not just sell him outright? I assume Valencia didn't want to cover his full wages or something?

It means they didn't have to spend £25M this season, which I'm guessing may have been a problem for them.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

vyelkin posted:

United have signed Valdes on an 18 month deal.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30716222

What does this mean for anyone? Is he really going to play for them ever?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

vyelkin posted:

He's scored 1 in 2 for a midtable club in the Premier League over the past two seasons, which means he already knows the league etc. I assume they're thinking that placed in an even better team, he'll score even more.

He wont though because he'll play less games, so any good run of form he gets going will get broken when it's Dzeko's turn to play again

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Jose posted:

He should definitely be starting over Dzeko

There will be rotation, it's hard to say who will get more games but they'll both take turns playing

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

chuggo is BACK posted:

Carroll - Jelavic - Benteke - Michu - Bony

Carroll had 1 good season in the Championship and half a season in the PL, and you forgot Lambert and possibly Berahino/Sterling

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

serious gaylord posted:

Did they just weigh his fuckin fat head?

They thought the weight Sunderland told them was pounds instead of kilogramsstones

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Jose posted:

i saw this pre-edit and it was very different

Yeah I don't remember it saying that before

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Jose posted:

Its almost like its a gimmick

I don't think Ninpo to Self Aware FC is official

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

straight up brolic posted:

my sources are telling me that it's that Vlaar's resigned, which is indeed underwhelming, but ends one of the season's transfer sagas.

I imagine you mean re-sign, because him resigning would be bad for Aston Villa.

• Locked thread