Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

N:

V:

Checks out.

Don't really know how to tie "ranked 121st in U.S. News' national university rankings" into a taunt but I'll try my best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

tau posted:

See, that's the kind of motor Cliff needs. Now I understand.

Seldan and Traylor have always been workhorses though. I think Cliff can get more refined and go to the rim stronger (which Ellis has weirdly degressed hard about) but he'll never have quite the tenaciousness of those two. I realize this borders on an intangibles argument, but it's just about willingness to risk your body, and Alexander doesn't quite trust his frame to do that, which I can't blame him for.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Declan MacManus posted:

Don't really know how to tie "ranked 121st in U.S. News' national university rankings" into a taunt but I'll try my best
OVER-RATED *clap clap clapclapclap*

*Arizona has a bad night, beats Cal by 23*

Ghost of Reagan Past fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jan 26, 2015

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Tim Booth ‏@ByTimBooth 4m4 minutes ago

Robert Upshaw has been dismissed from the Washington basketball program, school announces. #UWHuskies

Hahahahahaha kill me

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden
If you're going to get your rear end booted from a team after half a season you might as well set school records while you're at it.

Dana Altman should call him.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

OVER-RATED *clap clap clapclapclap*

*Arizona has a bad night, beats Cal by 23*

How did you lose to loving UNLV

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

UVA Yikyak posted:

Coach K is a never-nude

I mean, it makes so much sense.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
ESPN's got the Nebraska-Michigan game tonight. Nebraska's wearing black unis. The last time we donned these was December 2013 vs. Creighton and we were down 38-8 at one point

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

SA2K posted:

How did you lose to loving UNLV

It was before all teams realized getting physical with Chris Wood shuts his game down

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
News: WVU stops K-State's winning ways with a tough road victory.

Views: :toot:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

News: WVU stops K-State's winning ways with a tough road victory.

Views: :toot:

Thank you for doing a work of good.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hating K-State is always right.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

What is that? What am I looking at?

tau
Mar 20, 2003

Sigillum Universitatis Kansiensis

Meltathon posted:

What is that? What am I looking at?

EcoKat. Some superhero gimmick KState dreamed up to promote recycling and environmental consciousness. It was a complete and utterly embarrassing failure.

http://youtu.be/kREBX1VC9II

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Real Name Grover posted:

ESPN's got the Nebraska-Michigan game tonight. Nebraska's wearing black unis. The last time we donned these was December 2013 vs. Creighton and we were down 38-8 at one point

Didn't help you last night either.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Frinkahedron posted:

Virginia Tech took UVA to the wire with 7 scholarship players today. When Buzz starts getting his recruits into Blacksburg next year it's gonna be a hell of a time.

I'm so glad you guys got rid of Greenberg. His teams beat us a lot, and he's become one of my favorite analysts. It's weird to see how much Uva fans have actually come to like him.

edit: Buzz looks like he will be really entertaining too

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

He stomps around the sidelines like an overgrown child

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

Ungratek posted:

He stomps around the sidelines like an overgrown child

Sorry you hate fun.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

PJ Dozier is the first McDonald's All-American to sign with the Cocks since 2000. I honestly kinda can't believe it's "only" been 15 years. Wow.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

tau posted:

EcoKat. Some superhero gimmick KState dreamed up to promote recycling and environmental consciousness. It was a complete and utterly embarrassing failure.

http://youtu.be/kREBX1VC9II

I can't hate K State for coming up with EcoKat because it brought me so much joy. I do hate them for memory holing the actual videos so I can't laugh at them anymore, they put the Power Towel to shame.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

I can't hate K State for coming up with EcoKat because it brought me so much joy. I do hate them for memory holing the actual videos so I can't laugh at them anymore, they put the Power Towel to shame.

That video for football where Willy Wildcat drove a tractor around the stadium was pretty good, too.

Seriously K-State might have the worst marketing dept. in DI.

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000
If Boston college could hit shots they could have beaten Louisville tonight. They got good looks but only started hitting them late. Louisville was clearly the superior team though. Death to Louisville.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

kiimo posted:

That video for football where Willy Wildcat drove a tractor around the stadium was pretty good, too.

Seriously K-State might have the worst marketing dept. in DI.

Or best?

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Bishop posted:

If Boston college could hit shots they could have beaten Louisville tonight. They got good looks but only started hitting them late. Louisville was clearly the superior team though. Death to Louisville.

I wonder what it would take to move Louisville somewhere else. Like Florida or the Atlantic Ocean. Hmm.

bearic
Apr 14, 2004

john brown split this heart
They have definitely had their misses, but this was amazing (and at the time, original): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTSHbeldCwo

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Aaron White and Gabe Olaseni might be out for Iowa's next game. Gonna be real bad. Lots and lots of dumbass Peter Jok jumpshots incoming.

RumbleFish posted:

PJ Dozier is the first McDonald's All-American to sign with the Cocks since 2000. I honestly kinda can't believe it's "only" been 15 years. Wow.

pretty sure last one we had was Chris Kingsbury in 1993, unless you want to count Luke Recker or half a season of fat post-rehab Sam Okey.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jan 29, 2015

Bishop
Aug 15, 2000

vikingstrike posted:

I wonder what it would take to move Louisville somewhere else. Like Florida or the Atlantic Ocean. Hmm.
there would be too much collateral damage. A couple hundred thousand Kentucky fans. Maybe if we carved out old Louisville and just took the school and area around it and fired it into the sun, it would be an acceptable loss. The yum center is so nice that I want to take it as a prize and just play a couple home games there.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

bearic posted:

They have definitely had their misses, but this was amazing (and at the time, original): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTSHbeldCwo

That does kind of own.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Eric Stonestreet in a collared denim shirt and purple warm-up jacket walking around with constant meat sweats is pretty much quintessential Manhattan, KS.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
News: Big XII/SEC Challenge games will be played on January 30th next year

Views: That's kind of cool. It'll be a nice break in the conference schedule.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Duke booted Rasheed Sulaimon off the team.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

elentar posted:

My dad has a friend who has a friend whose son goes to Duke who saw Sulaimon pass out at 31 Flavors last night says that it's part of a rape cover-up.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Thoguh posted:

News: Big XII/SEC Challenge games will be played on January 30th next year

Views: That's kind of cool. It'll be a nice break in the conference schedule.

Tghat souind you heard is Bob Huggins growling.

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost

Henchman of Santa posted:

My dad has a friend who has a friend whose son goes to Duke who saw Sulaimon pass out at 31 Flavors last night says that it's part of a rape cover-up.

Let's not get into wild speculation until the NC State fanbase has completed their investigation.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Mike Alden is retiring after next year or something so there is hope for Mizzou basketball within the next 5 years.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

elentar posted:

This really sucks. He's had a lot of ups and downs the last two years but I always thought he played hard. There's really only two options, either he really hosed up somehow and made a terrible decision or the coaching staff just blew up a kid's athletic career for no good reason. Neither outcome is any good.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
If ESPN is correct and this is the first player Coach K has ever dismissed, I would lean towards the former.

tau
Mar 20, 2003

Sigillum Universitatis Kansiensis
Now he's gonna wind up at Iowa State, damnit

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I know it's a joke, but ISU usually just takes kids looking to transfer, not ones who got kicked off the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
JaQuan Lyle returns from the wilderness and commits to Ohio State.

• Locked thread