Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

gvibes posted:

Welp, as if our tournament chances needed another punch in the nuts, Ray Rice broke his hand and is out for a while.

Awww. I hate the Illini but I love Ray Rice. He was awesome at Drake and I was really happy when he got a chance a bigger school and was still successful. Pretty sure the Illinois fans here didn't want him too :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Can someone explain to me how Wyoming has such a high FG percentage and such a low points per game total?

they play slow as gently caress

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
if you are such a loving loser that you gather your friends together to watch a loving 18 year old's press conference you deserve to be viciously trolled.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lessail posted:

God the local media is such poo poo

either the problem is the players, the culture of college basketball, or the "unrealistic expectations" of the fanbase. Also in the beginning of the year the team's youth wasn't going to be an excuse, but now it is a "Fact" that they take pride in excusing the team with. I bet now, too, we're going to constantly hear about the bad years of 92-07 after every loss

They actually are super young though? A rebuilding year once and awhile isn't the end of the world, and I would think they've earned a little patience with the last two seasons.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jan 20, 2015

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I assumed you were talking about Michigan given what was being talked about in the thread.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Amusingly Quinn Snyder has turned himself into a pretty good coach these days.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I'm pretty sure that rumor is at least like 80% fueled by Quinn Snyder looking like Quinn Synder rather than actual evidence of anything.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Aaron White and Gabe Olaseni might be out for Iowa's next game. Gonna be real bad. Lots and lots of dumbass Peter Jok jumpshots incoming.

RumbleFish posted:

PJ Dozier is the first McDonald's All-American to sign with the Cocks since 2000. I honestly kinda can't believe it's "only" been 15 years. Wow.

pretty sure last one we had was Chris Kingsbury in 1993, unless you want to count Luke Recker or half a season of fat post-rehab Sam Okey.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jan 29, 2015

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Meltathon posted:

I know it's a joke, but ISU usually just takes kids looking to transfer, not ones who got kicked off the team.

hahahaha yeah okay

There is almost always a reason those guys need to transfer.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
DeAndre Kane wasn't officially kicked off the team but his coach pretty much told him that he wasn't welcome back and needed to transfer if he wanted to play another season.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I still have to hear about Aaron Craft almost every time they play on ESPN so nope.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa has to provide extra security for him now because they're afraid people will throw things at him after he and Fran got in a big fight about Dakich accusing Woodbury of intentionally raking Kaminsky's eyes lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Eltoasto posted:

Woodbury is dirty as poo poo so he probably did it, but Dakich is definitely terrible, and I have to put up with him every day on AM radio with his dumb rube act.

Even the dude who got poked didn't think it was intentional. Guys get poked in the eyes all the time playing basketball.

He did whistle an elbow at someone later so he's not completley blameless but that one was just an accident and Dakich decided to turn it into a big thing because he likes to get self-righteous about things.

• Locked thread