Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
WVU is going to be taking on TCU without Staten who likely has the flu. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
WVU knocked off TCU (suck it unbeatens) despite being without all-american Juwan Staten.

Views: :toot:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

OctoberBlues posted:

No gameday thread? UNI is in a dogfight with Evansville right now...

edit: Evansville wins, congrats to the one Purple Aces fan on the boards whose name I forget! (Peanut President?)

I made a GDT.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

This is from GDT, but it's more N/V-y

Regnevelc posted:

Michigan has had top 7 historical offenses in the Kenpom era the past two years under Beilein.

I'm loving shocked at what is going on this year. It's mind-boggling.

What the hell, someone please help me understand this, I've watched every game (except EMU and NJIT due to travel).

Beilein's offense demands timing and knowing the system. The last two years or so, he was also able to run the much more athletic version that he ran towards the end of WVU and when he was in Richmond. I haven't watched a *whole* lot of Michigan this year, but having watched a good 200+ Beilein games, I think looking at the stats -- it looks like just moving the ball in rotation isn't very good. Also their second-half defense is atrocious.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

D.N. Nation posted:

There's a handful of teams in the SEC having "hey, this team might be actually kinda good" seasons.

And then there's Florida. :smug:

You can thank the Big XII

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Thoguh posted:

News: First Gameday is headed to Ames on the 17th for the Kansas at Iowa State game.

Views:

Actually, I figured they'd go to the Texas/WVU game after we lost to South Carolina and WVU beat TCU.

e: we're at Texas so that's weird

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 7, 2015

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Thoguh posted:

Iowa State is in a terrible shooting slump the past few games, and the team is responding to it by getting away from the things that make them good. They are taking a shitload of contested shots instead of passing it out to somebody who has an open look, and taking way more low percentage mid-range jumpers and long twos than they usually do. I assume it is just a funk and the team will get out of it eventually. But right now Iowa State is not playing like a top 25 team. We're going to get destroyed in Morgantown on Saturday.

:pray:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Meltathon posted:

Not to mention the 50% free throw percentage the last couple games. They have shot below average the last two games in all categories. They got lucky they survived last night shooting that poorly.

I noticed a lot of long two's as well, when ISU is usually really good at only taking close two's, or go for the three. Niang also bricked a few wide-open threes, and he usually makes those. It's a guess which team shows up against WVU.

The bigger thing against WVU isn't hitting open shots, its being able to handle a full court press for 40 minutes.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Meltathon posted:

I think Arkansas tried to do that, and it didn't turn out too well for them. WVU probably runs a better press though. I admit that I have watched almost no WVU basketball so far.

We lead the nation in steals and forced turnovers and have forced almost everyone we've played into their season high turnover number (I am working on a TV stat along those lines for Saturday); our opponents are averaging 22 turnovers a year.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Lessail posted:

4 game losing streak to unr

Go away rice

Edit: sorry, only 3

Just hire Bishop-Gorman's basketball coach too

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

I love that Iowa State really has been our replacement for Pitt: http://www.charlestondailymail.com/article/20150108/DM03/150109336

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Thoguh posted:

I learned that you guys hand out crib notes for heckling to the student section and that owns.

And there's only like, an 80% chance this was intentional.

Yep. The Maniacs, when they're there, are awesome and have like a full on newsletter for every game for things to yell.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

I am working WVU/OU tonight, which I am not looking forward to because A) we're going to get shithoused and B) its what ESPN is calling a REMOTE game, where all the production crew except for a hand few of us are in Bristol. It's going to loving suck.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Alman posted:

That's the most absurd dunk I've seen by a Jayhawk since Thomas Robinson was in uniform

No No Cliff, Not So Hard!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

News: WVU rolls OU to get back on track.

Views: Well then,

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Meltathon posted:

I was surprised that you thought OU would roll WVU, especially at home.

Anyway, ISU plays at Baylor tonight. ISU beat WVU, who beat OU, who beat Baylor, so ISU should win easily right? Right? ISU will probably throw up bricks all game.

We have struggled against them since coming into the league and I wasn't sure how we'd respond to the loss, since it was the first time in post-game I'd heard Huggs really get onto them and wasn't sure how OU would respond to losing either. I was pretty pleased with our effort, and I think it was one of our best efforts, doubly so since we won by 21 with Staten only getting 4 points.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

News: WVU got shithoused by Texas

Views: :geno:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

News: WVU beat TCU

Views: I didn't watch it.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

News: WVU stops K-State's winning ways with a tough road victory.

Views: :toot:

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

kiimo posted:

That video for football where Willy Wildcat drove a tractor around the stadium was pretty good, too.

Seriously K-State might have the worst marketing dept. in DI.

Or best?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Thoguh posted:

News: Big XII/SEC Challenge games will be played on January 30th next year

Views: That's kind of cool. It'll be a nice break in the conference schedule.

Tghat souind you heard is Bob Huggins growling.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

There's at least a pretty good chance Lucious was one of the MSU players involved in the covered up rape, and let's be fair you have to be a pretty big gently caress up for Izzo to get rid of you.

Also Danity Kane was a huge headcase.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

The smaller conferences really try to protect their top seeds because they don't want a 25-3 team to miss the tourney in place of a 12-19 clunker who got lucky

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

I still have to hear about Aaron Craft almost every time they play on ESPN so nope.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Dan Dakich is the biggest poo poo heel on the planet at the moment.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

Woodbury is dirty as poo poo so he probably did it, but Dakich is definitely terrible, and I have to put up with him every day on AM radio with his dumb rube act.

We dodged such an enormous bullet with him not taking the WVU job.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

stimpy posted:

Bob Knight is still alive, yes?

Bob Knight's just an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

Still deciding whether to go the Northwestern/Purdue game this evening or to hang myself.

Decisions,

• Locked thread