Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

No gameday thread? UNI is in a dogfight with Evansville right now...

edit: Evansville wins, congrats to the one Purple Aces fan on the boards whose name I forget! (Peanut President?)

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jan 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Thanks twitter for this fun fact! :suicide:

Div I, Most Losses After Leading at the Half - Since 2010-11

Hofstra - 28
UC Davis - 26
Iowa - 25
South Carolina St.- 25
E. Washington - 25

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Three top 10 teams played today and they all lost. I wonder when the last time was that every single top 10 team who played on a certain date lost, minimum 3 teams...

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Indiana State seems like they might be one of the worst 5-0 teams in Missouri Valley history... Does anyone here have a kenpom subscription? I'm just wondering what their final conference record is projected as, I'm not seeing them finishing better than 9-9. And that is after a 6-0 start, because we all know they will beat Drake on Saturday.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Should I go to the South Dakota at South Dakota State game tomorrow or the Baylor at Kansas State game? Kansas State seems like a no-brainer, but I love those little schools, and USD/SDSU is an in-state rivalry.... Hmm....

edit: I see that KSU charges $10 to park, I assume it is easy enough to park for free on one of those side streets a few blocks away?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I just really like to drive to random college basketball games. I save the longer trips for when my girlfriend has other plans since she is more normal than I am and doesn't like driving 10-12 hours roundtrip in a day.

edit: I'll be going to the Baylor/Kansas State game.

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jan 17, 2015

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

wheez the roux posted:

gently caress UVa forever for poaching bennett from us :catstare:

hatefucking oregon in OT last night was sick as hell though. best WSU bb game I've been to since klay dropped loving monster jams all over UW in his final game against them spring '11. coach kent owns

I somehow forgot that Tony coached at WSU. I remember his dad coaching there, but I can't even recall the two years WSU apparently went to the tournament under Tony...

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Thoguh posted:

News: For the first time in probably forever, Iowa State is on a two game streak against Kansas.

Views: Owns. We're probably not going to win the conference over them but at least we're keeping it interesting.

I was discussing Iowa State/Kansas with someone last night and discovered that from 1999-2001 Iowa State actually beat Kansas five times in a row.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

In Missouri Valley Conference news, Wichita State and UNI both won again - that Wichita State at UNI game on January 31 is going to be huge, especially if both teams are 19-2. Which they should be, UNI at Illinois State is the most likely upset before then.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I just noticed that Harvard lost to Dartmouth yesterday. It's early but that helps Yale's chances - Yale is currently the only undefeated Ivy League team at 2-0 in the conference. Yale hasn't made the NCAA tournament since 1962, and in fact, since 1986, only Penn, Princeton, Cornell, and Harvard have won the Ivy League (regular season champ gets auto-bid). I don't know about you guys, but I think it's time we finally see a new Ivy League team in the tournament, I'm officially rooting for Yale from here on out. Go Bulldogs!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Chris Allen got kicked off of Michigan State's team. I can't really keep track of all of Iowa State's transfers, but I'm sure Allen wasn't the only one where that was the case.

Edit: oh, Korie Lucious too, him and Allen go together...

Nolan Arenado fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jan 30, 2015

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I was bored at work today so I made a Google spreadsheet with every conference tournament bracket. We did something like this a few years ago and it was a cool way to keep track of all of the tournament results and it's public so anyone can edit those in realtime once the matchups get set and the games start in a little over a month. Until then, I guess you can just take a look at all of the different formats and marvel at how stupid the MAC's is.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TCUEwtkOclwruXd7PpsZhaxe2AGNpuuSXWWoM6EiUk0/edit?usp=sharing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

It's the most extreme example of the direction smaller conferences have been going in recent years. Best I can tell, they want a huge event spread out over lots of days and involving all of their teams so they can make money. But they also want their best team to win the conference tournament, because that team will have a better chance to win in the NCAA tournament. And that's how you end up with a five day tournament featuring 12 teams where the top 2 seeds get loving triple byes...

• Locked thread