Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
After getting embarrassed by Cincy, NC State whips Pitt. Don't get this team.

Not as if it matters though with the UVA-Duke-UNC run coming next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Karl Hess posted:

“When I’m older, I want to sit in your seat and watch your Egyptian rear end ref a game.”

https://www.accsports.com/articles/karl-hess-finds-controversy-again

(By the way, the person he allegedly said this to is an Indian-American investment CEO and former Wake Forest trustee. Unless the story is overstated—Foochs?)

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Mons Hubris posted:

N: The ACC is ending its relationship with basketball official Karl Hess.

V: :c00lbert::byewhore:

just remember that he'll still get work somewhere, like with the AAC or something, and he'll still be part of the pool for the NCAAs, and that means an even bigger stage for him to gently caress over ACC teams

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

After the game at South Carolina, Kentucky's adjusted defensive efficiency sits at 80.7 on Kenpom. In the years that site tracks (now back to 2002), no team has been sub-85.

San Diego State and Virginia are also sub-85 this year, but UK is just ridiculous.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Good game by VT today, really frustrated a UVA team that was obviously looking past them to the tough Duke/UNC/Louisville stretch ahead.

OctoberBlues posted:

I just noticed that Harvard lost to Dartmouth yesterday. It's early but that helps Yale's chances - Yale is currently the only undefeated Ivy League team at 2-0 in the conference. Yale hasn't made the NCAA tournament since 1962, and in fact, since 1986, only Penn, Princeton, Cornell, and Harvard have won the Ivy League (regular season champ gets auto-bid). I don't know about you guys, but I think it's time we finally see a new Ivy League team in the tournament, I'm officially rooting for Yale from here on out. Go Bulldogs!

All for this, though a 2-0 built on a weekend sweep of Brown probably is the minimum you'd expect of an Ivy champ...

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

RC and Moon Pie posted:

I was going to ask what the heck happened to Georgia Tech as today was their seventh loss in a row. But looking at their schedule, their wins - save for one over a now OK Georgia - have all been utterly terrible schools and not by huge margins. They way they're going, they might not win any ACC games, which might actually be enough to can Brian Gregory.

Please don't fire Brian Gregory.

The bottom of the ACC is bad enough that GT will pick up at least a couple wins. But they should be beating BC at home. It would help if they could shoot for poo poo.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

UVA Yikyak posted:

Coach K is a never-nude

I mean, it makes so much sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Duke booted Rasheed Sulaimon off the team.

• Locked thread