Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

Jeff Wiiver posted:

Any Memphis fans post in this thread? Hearing rumblings that Kuran Iverson's transfer destination is my school, URI. His stats are pretty putrid and the suspensions are worrisome, but, hey a 6'9" former top 150 recruit is hard to argue with.

I still think he has potential, but he has to be in a system that fits him. He was definitely putrid last year, although he barely played, so it's hard to judge. He played well in our Canada trip this summer, and showed flashes of brilliance from time to time. He just wasn't consistent at all and couldn't stay on the floor. He has excellent court vision and he definitely has play-making skills, though. I used to think the suspensions meant the kid didn't have it between the ears (a la Jelan Kendrick), but since Pastner is off his rocker, who knows.

A local guy recently said the worst thing that ever happened to Iverson was being ranked a top 10 high school player early on, and that's probably a fair assessment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread