Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Don Tacorleone posted:

it is appropriately called: Hulk : The End

Cool.

Planet Hulk rules, and did I hear it's gonna be a movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

redshirt posted:

Cool.

Planet Hulk rules, and did I hear it's gonna be a movie?

dunno man comic books are for faggots lol

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Don Tacorleone posted:

dunno man comic books are for faggots lol

Modern Mythology, literally. A replacement for religion.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

3. Why is Captain America a tactical leader? How does getting a super serum turn a 98 pound beta into a tactician?

Being 98 pounds does not make one a beta. He was not a beta. Being 98 pounds is why he kept getting his rear end kicked.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Alpha - Tony, Thor
Beta - Cap, Loki, Fury
Omega - Hawkeye
Gamma - Hulk

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

redshirt posted:

The only hope for Batman would be trapping the Hulk or somehow ejecting him far from the scene.

You can't really beat the Hulk, only contain/distract him.

i had a goofy but otherwise likable general manager who told me that anakin skywalker could defeat the hulk and even maintained this after i brought up that he survived a ground zero nuclear blast and I could not possibly :rolleyes: hard enough. Star wars may well be shittier and nerdier than comics i think

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

Happy Bear Suit posted:

probs been mentioned already but when those aliens opened up the portal why didn't they open it above Washington DC to capture the white house or something? or near the pentagon?

why do it over manhattan or whatever?

had to get some cronuts first or thanos wouldve been pissed

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Frostwerks posted:

i had a goofy but otherwise likable general manager who told me that anakin skywalker could defeat the hulk and even maintained this after i brought up that he survived a ground zero nuclear blast and I could not possibly :rolleyes: hard enough. Star wars may well be shittier and nerdier than comics i think

Maybe. Say Anakin at his peak Force powers could rip out Hulk's internal organs and throw them miles away, and then flay Hulk's skin and stretch it out as far as possible while liquifying Hulk's brain. Or something like that.

And then store Hulk parts in Force protected safes in far away parts of the galaxy so the Hulk can't reform.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Hulk has the best healing factor. He will just regrow whatever. He's been eaten and flayed by giant bugs, burnt to a crisp to the bones and he still moved forward towards his enemy completely healed in a few steps. He's retarded durable and strong. He is pretty much what Apocalypse says, that which will survive.

A cool moment was when Ultimate Hulk ripped Wolverine in half and threw the two halves to like opposite states.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Jan 2, 2015

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Gatts posted:

The Hulk has the best healing factor. He will just regrow whatever. He's been eaten and flayed by giant bugs, burnt to a crisp to the bones and he still moved forward towards his enemy completely healed in a few steps. He's retarded durable and strong. He is pretty much what Apocalypse says, that which will survive.

A cool moment was when Ultimate Hulk ripped Wolverine in half and threw the two halves to like opposite states.

Which is why it was bullshit that he got "tired" towards the end of the battle of new york.

The real Hulk would be able to solo the entire alien invasion force for maximum exp.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

enraged_camel posted:

Which is why it was bullshit that he got "tired" towards the end of the battle of new york.

The real Hulk would be able to solo the entire alien invasion force for maximum exp.

The funny thing is Spider-man figured out a way to exhaust the Hulk and get him to return to Banner. No other writer uses it.

People may not like it but Ang Lee's Hulk was the best version of him for film. Had more personality and thrill during the desert chase than many other flicks.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gatts posted:

The funny thing is Spider-man figured out a way to exhaust the Hulk and get him to return to Banner. No other writer uses it.

People may not like it but Ang Lee's Hulk was the best version of him for film. Had more personality and thrill during the desert chase than many other flicks.

Ang Lee's Hulk is pretty awesome.

But the Hulk in general is problematic.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Gatts posted:

How do you read this poo poo and not think, " this is the dumbest loving thing I have ever read; why am I wasting my time with this?"

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Hobohemian posted:

How do you read this poo poo and not think, " this is the dumbest loving thing I have ever read; why am I wasting my time with this?"

Because I can enjoy the silly poo poo as a kid and don't take things seriously that aren't meant to be taken seriously? And enjoy seeing the stuff people and their imagination come up with and get creative?

I already have a full life with activities and responsibilities, 10 minutes isn't going to kill it.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gatts posted:

Handbeezys?

Kukash
Apr 22, 2010
id gently caress black widow

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gatts posted:

Are you saying that if Anakin were somehow able to cut the Hulk up into say a hundred parts and then store those parts in force protected safes, that somehow The Hulk would regrow from.. 1 of those pieces? Many of them? All of them? Are we looking at a hundred Hulk event here?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

what exactly are the avengers avenging?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

BeefThief posted:

what exactly are the avengers avenging?

The theft of the Tesserect and the destruction of that cool SHIELD base.

O-Unit
Oct 22, 2005

What is black windows power? She was just dumb and pointless. I get that she can fight alright and shoot two pistols at the same time, but so can a lot of people. She certainly doesn't deserve to be on the same team as a god and the loving hulk!
It's like someone said "we need a chick in this sausage-fest, but she's not allowed to be anywhere as good as the guys. Just make her manipulative because she's a woman and make her rear end look amazing in this skin tight outfit"

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
She's a spy/assassin from the black ops end of things and out-does Hawkeye for usage of technological innovations in weaponry from the last seven hundred years or so.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
avengers vs super man and bat man together-- who wins

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ollie74656 posted:

What is black windows power? She was just dumb and pointless. I get that she can fight alright and shoot two pistols at the same time, but so can a lot of people. She certainly doesn't deserve to be on the same team as a god and the loving hulk!
It's like someone said "we need a chick in this sausage-fest, but she's not allowed to be anywhere as good as the guys. Just make her manipulative because she's a woman and make her rear end look amazing in this skin tight outfit"

her super power is making guys wanting to see the movie.

naem
May 29, 2011

ollie74656 posted:

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewbs

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
could super man and spider man teamed up defeat the black widow the green lantern and robin

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

redshirt posted:

1. It's a pretty deliberate scene, referring back to the original Thor movie, implying Thor is briefly not worthy of the hammer. I'm wondering why? Because he got punked by Loki? That scene where Thor is trapped in the cage and falling from the sky is wicked cool though.
2. He seemed pretty "Ragey" while rampaging through the Hellicarrier.
3. I'd accept this as an answer.
4. While Hawkeye does run out of arrows at the end of the battle, he's fully stocked again when the team all confronts Loki at the very end. Regardless, Hawkeye was pretty badass in the movie.
5. I don't know man, a lot of buildings got wrecked. There's no way a lot of people didn't die, though of course because of PG-13 we don't see a single body. The aliens were limited in their attack by the location of the portal and the fight from the Avengers.

Yeah, you're right about Thor. Loki had just completely owned everyone. Even Thor fell under Loki's influence. He was basically just getting psyched back up because he knew he would have to face Loki again.

Sufficient
Aug 7, 2006
I'M A FUCKING IDIOT
p.s. don't wear condoms
If you cut wolverine in half would you get two wolverine

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Someone that thinks Obama is a good prez would need it pointed out to them that hawkeye did run out of arrows and that hulk explicitly states why

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Monstrous Dooklord posted:

Someone that thinks Obama is a good prez would need it pointed out to them that hawkeye did run out of arrows and that hulk explicitly states why

And someone who would make this kind of comment obviously couldn't be bother to read the thread.

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
and someone that reads that thread instead of posting in this thread has ADD or something something

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

ZombieParts posted:

and someone that reads that thread instead of posting in this thread has ADD or something something

Indeed.

I find Iron Man ridiculously overpowered and I love it because of how RDJ has owned the role.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

There's a quote from Jarvis, after Iron Man is struck by Thor lightning.

"Power level at 420%"
And then Stark replies, after a pause:
"How about that?"

And blasts Thor to the other side of the forest.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2qRDMHbXaM

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

redshirt posted:

Indeed.

I find Iron Man ridiculously overpowered and I love it because of how RDJ has owned the role.

If it wasn't for RDJ we wouldn't have to shawarma post credits scene.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

boy i can't wait for another film about a bunch of lovely costumed fuckwits running around and doubting themselves, but pulling it together in the end in order to save new york from x invasion.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Planet Hulk got a cartoon movie.
It's on Netflix and it sucks but Star Lord is in it for a second.

naem
May 29, 2011

Last Chance posted:

boy i can't wait for another film about a bunch of lovely costumed fuckwits running around and doubting themselves, but pulling it together in the end in order to save new york from x invasion.

Same but without a single drop of irony whatsoever

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Last Chance posted:

Um, please use spoilers dude.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007

ollie74656 posted:

i think she got some weak soviet-knockoff super serum in her. but lol if you think im gonna verify that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
i think steve just had a knack for tactics and that's part of why he was chosen to be a supersolider

• Locked thread