Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I loved that feature on Ted Leonsis where Betteman admitted that they gave him a winter classic to shut him up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The teams will switch ends halfway through the first to negate any advantage from sun glare.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Billy Idol looks like someone's weird dad who tries to be buddy buddy with his son's friends by telling them all about the Kiss concerts he went to in the 70s.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Loving the fat guitarist who looks like he took a day off his job at Best Buy to perform.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

ayn rand hand job posted:

This is legit a good entrance

Actually. The crowd is pretty good too. The caps really deserve a cup. A long playoff run at very least.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I don't usually like the pointless cross over between sports and the military, but this is a great anthem. Tip top introduction so far Washington.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Dead Like Rev posted:

MERICA! Is it wrong I want blizzard like conditions like we had in Ann Arbor?

Snow games are the best. Crosby scoring the shootout winner in the blowing snow in the first ever winter classic is pretty much the best the NHL will ever get from this event.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Holy crap that ice is bad

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Martytoof posted:

Wait, the ice looks bad? I thought it looked allright to me.

It already looks like they've been playing on it for 20 minutes, not 90 seconds.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

yellowcar posted:

Only 40 000?

Man capacity is 41,418 according to Wikipedia

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Tolan posted:

Do the refs have cameras on their helmets?

Yeah, that is an addition of Rogers who paid a ton of money for the entire Canadian broadcasting rights to the NHL. It's as stupid as it sounds.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Woo! Go Caps! Fehr is the outdoor god.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Ovie!!!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Gunjin posted:

So it's gonna be like that.

A good hockey game?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I actually like the view of the power play from behind the net. It doesn't work in nhl arenas because the angle is too low, but from high above the ice it was really cool. It let you see the entire set up at one time.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

toe knee hand posted:

yea I like that too. Also it shows how wide the rink is, while it always looks compressed from the normal angle.

It's sorta what I like about going to games in person. I always sit high in the upper bowl, so you get to see the cheating behind the play and the plays they run on the power play. The NHL needs to find a way to get that camera into all arenas. That was the only new camera angle I've seen in the last 10 years I've actually appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

JawKnee posted:

shots 14-2, 30-10 overall :psyduck:

Canucks bad. The stadium is dead. I have no expectations of winning this game.

• Locked thread