Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:
Billy Idol is gonna do the anthem??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

White Wedding?

Seriously?

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

NBC just cut him off.

Wonderful.

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

I say they just bring the players right to the ice in the bullpen buggies.

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

TMMadman posted:

Is anyone else a little tired of the giant loving flag they seem to use for pretty much every event now?

I mean do we really need an American Flag that is almost as big as the rink?

Only when the wind speed is over 25mph.

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

Did anyone decide to wear shades out there?

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

yellowcar posted:

Only 40 000?

Nats Park only seats around 41,000.

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

Way too hard to track the puck with the basic camera view they are using. Really tough to tell when the goal was scored.

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

Look Around You posted:

Don't watch the puck watch the players.

I'm not even trying to be a dick, once you start watching where the players are going and facing and what they're doing, you don't need to look for the puck because the players' body language basically tells you where it is. Also you'll see much more going on than you do just tracking the puck (what the D are doing, where other players are going to make a play/keep the cycle going, etc).

Yeah, I'm not having an issue with who has the puck at any given time, it's more with tracking after a pass, or especially a shot.

Also, it seemed like no one registered the 10:00 horn for a couple of seconds.

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

Look Around You posted:

They did it in Pittsburgh when the rink's conditions (wind direction iirc) were different on either side. It seems like they're doing it to keep team's time dealing with weird conditions (sun glare, wind, poo poo weather, etc) even so it's a fair game.

They did it in Buffalo too, at least in overtime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

Look Around You posted:

Yeah, but that's what i'm talking about too. You can (usually) see players reacting to a pass coming too them and opposing players trying to block the pass. And usually you can predict where/when the passes are going to be made by watching all the players on the ice to see open lanes/where the defense is/ where someone is breaking or trying to get open, etc.

True enough. I don't usually have this kind of problem watching other games, so it could also be a sign that I just need to buy a bigger TV...

Was a lot easier to see that last Chicago goal, maybe the shadows are helping too.

• Locked thread