Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

xbilkis posted:

Larry Sanders is out indefinitely for "personal reasons," according to Jason Kidd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

xbilkis posted:

Larry Sanders is out indefinitely for "personal reasons," according to Jason Kidd.

cfgardner @cf_gardner · 11 minutes ago
I asked for details: Kidd said, "It's just personal. There's nothing I can give you more. That's the way the question will be answered."

Zach Lowe @ZachLowe_NBA · 6 minutes ago
Kidd used this same language re "personal reasons" last season w/ Blatche, and it was code for Kidd telling him to stay away from the team.

We have this gently used Dion Waiters that we would love to get rid of in exchange for your malcontent rim protector

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

TheGreyGhost posted:

We have this gently used Dion Waiters that we would love to get rid of in exchange for your malcontent rim protector

Cavaliers should offer the kitchen sink for Larry Sanders because Sanders/Love/LBJ/Blowup Doll/Irving would own.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Cavs should def pull the trigger on a possible locker room cancer

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

WhyteRyce posted:

Remember that the FO isn't talking to anyone. The players found out about Malone from Twitter and found out that Corbin was locked in for the year from Twitter. No players have any idea what is going on.

This is so corporate culture it's amazing. The Kings are truly transitioning their core competencies to the startup mentality.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Phil Jackson is getting paid $12 million a year to run the Knicks.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Ramadu posted:

This is so corporate culture it's amazing. The Kings are truly transitioning their core competencies to the startup mentality.

The players could have found out about it direct from the top if they just watched Ranadive's monthly shareholder report, broadcast in the middle of practice.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Niwrad posted:

That's a smokescreen. Phil is actually being paid $12M a year to play bass for JD and the Straight Shot.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Declan: your belief was rewarded. Now that Detroit has good spacing, Caldwell Pope is making shots.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
wrong thread

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

quote:

NEW YORK -- With the New York Knicks in the midst of a throwaway season, coach Derek Fisher has acknowledged the possibility that Carmelo Anthony might eventually sit out the remainder of the campaign due to a knee injury.

Anthony has been playing with soreness in his left knee since the second game of the season.

"From the conversations I've been a part of, I think everybody is smart enough to realize, calendar wise, timing wise, that there may come a point that that's the decision that needs to be made," Fisher said Friday. "But [we realize] that we can't force Carmelo to that point just yet."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/12113567/carmelo-anthony-shut-season-due-knee-derek-fisher-says

Least you got paid Melo. :hfive:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

We fixed the defense, now we need a dude to fix the illiterate read and react offense. J.B. Bickerstaff for president, I mean head coach.

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Knee soreness at epidemic levels in the NBA and in retirement communities.

NeuroticErotica fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 3, 2015

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013
Rondo returns to Boston, hits five 3s.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
This will never happen again, so it must be documented: Jimmer to Rivers alley-oop.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Would Okafor or Towns fit better on the Knicks in the long run?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Mike D'Antoni and Denver actually might be a good fit for him. Also a coach being hired somewhere that he's been fired for losing 60 games before would rule.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
I thought the Kings had a small chance for the playoffs but one coach firing has the team crumbling

Demarcus can at least act like he's getting paid $15 million instead of turning into a big baby bitch

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Niwrad posted:

Dexo posted:

Step 1: get paid.
Step 2: get Lamar Odom paid.
Step 3: get Derek Fisher paid.
Step 4: trade away the Knicks defense.
Step 5: Get Kurt Rambis paid.
Step 6: Get Melo paid.
Step 7: ?
Step 8: Championship Retire back to Montana

Spacebump posted:

Morey started crying on twitter today about Dwight and Harden's all star votes.

2012 seems so far away now. Back when many thought Harden was an overrated bench guy benefiting from playing with Westbrook/Durant. Now he has lots of MVP numbers.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Lebron out for two weeks with a strained knee.

It's starting to look like this will be LBJ's worst season since his rookie year. Tons of basic/advanced stats coming in at near career lows. Coming into the season I was hopeful he'd follow the MJ career trajectory path and have another 3-4 solid MVP seasons but it looks like the four straight finals have sunk him.

Spoeank posted:

Wouldn't you react the same way if you had a coach you finally liked and respected, the team was winning, you got meningitis and then everything was ripped away from you and replaced with Tyrone Corbin.

Michael Jordan/Brian Scalabrine would use it as motivation to win MVP, Finals MVP and a ring.

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zogo posted:

It's starting to look like this will be LBJ's worst season since his rookie year. Tons of basic/advanced stats coming in at near career lows. Coming into the season I was hopeful he'd follow the MJ career trajectory path and have another 3-4 solid MVP seasons but it looks like the four straight finals have sunk him.

Are we sure it is wear and tear and not the near poisonous levels of chemicals in the Cleveland water supply?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Zogo posted:

Michael Jordan/Brian Scalabrine would use it as motivation to win MVP, Finals MVP and a ring.

Yea well one of those guys is a generational, if not once-in-a-lifetime talent.

MJ was good too I guess.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

What is Scal doing now? The NBA is poorer in his absence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOw8aC78LoU

e: Answered my own question, he went back to doing TV

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

James The 1st posted:

Rondo returns to Boston, hits five 3s.

He scored the Mavs' first ten points of the game too. Rondo is awesome.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Hey Toronto fans Ill be heading to a game later this year and the lady friend wants a jersey... Do the Drakes carry female jerseys at Air Canada Center or should we buy one from the ridiculously expensive NBA store?

cougar cub fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jan 3, 2015

hitze
Aug 28, 2007

The Atlanta Hawks are the 1 Seed

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Igor Strelkov posted:

Declan: your belief was rewarded. Now that Detroit has good spacing, Caldwell Pope is making shots.

I'm crushing these prognostications

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

cougar cub posted:

Hey Toronto fans Ill be heading to a game later this year and the lady friend wants a jersey... Do the Drakes carry female jerseys at Air Canada Center or should we buy one from the ridiculously expensive NBA store?

They have lady ones but they're the cheap replica kind.

Also, way to go, Casey - you went small against literally the best small ball basketball team in the world that was without their two starting Centers.

Valanciunas played eleven minutes. ELEVEN.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

cougar cub posted:

At the ACC there is big jersey store called Real Sports Apparel as well as places inside the stadium. The larger store will have what you need but will most likely be just as expensive as the NBA store. If you have time either go to the Eaton's Centre, a big mall which will have a few options, or a sports store on Yonge Street. Both are fairly close to the ACC (either a 10-15 minute walk or a 4 minute subway if you're lazy/cold) and should be more reasonably priced.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007

SMH Jeremy what you doing?!
https://vine.co/v/Odqdwd0dwgu

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

BWV posted:

At the ACC there is big jersey store called Real Sports Apparel as well as places inside the stadium. The larger store will have what you need but will most likely be just as expensive as the NBA store. If you have time either go to the Eaton's Centre, a big mall which will have a few options, or a sports store on Yonge Street. Both are fairly close to the ACC (either a 10-15 minute walk or a 4 minute subway if you're lazy/cold) and should be more reasonably priced.

Beauty - thanks!

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

hitze posted:

Fancy ways to look at shooting

All I am seeing is DeMarcus should be taking more 3 pointers

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

hitze posted:

The Atlanta Hawks are the 1 Seed

The East standings are great.

Milwaukee: The averagest team

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

hitze posted:

This is why I disable auto-fouling in late game situations in my 2k associations. gently caress you Kobe, my 5 minutes is worth more than a couple percentage chance to win a regular season game.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Kobe With Convictions would have thrown Lin into the guy for the foul

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
They ran those "Larry Sanders finding his way after a lost season" stories too early, didn't they.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

MVP posted:

I thought the Kings had a small chance for the playoffs but one coach firing has the team crumbling

Demarcus can at least act like he's getting paid $15 million instead of turning into a big baby bitch

It's hard to defend either party in this case because Kings management is always doing stupid poo poo and DMC is always acting like a baby.

Josh Smith for a gaping chest wound in the salary cap is working out well for Detroit and Houston can now play their way out of the playoffs. I didn't see their game tonight but I read McHale benched the whole team for lack of effort so Smith must have brought his work ethic with him.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Smith was the only starter forced to play later in the game during the blowout. It was also Davis' worst offensive game if the season.

I'm still in disbelief there was a Jimmer to Rivers alley-oop. Not sure if Smith was on the floor for that.

Squinty
Aug 12, 2007

hitze posted:

https://vine.co/v/OdqVYZj29aK I guess? Still makes no sense.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
"If you don't get offended by someone scoring on you, then I don't know what to tell you. That's like someone breaking into your house and taking your video game out of your hand, and you just let it happen.

I know that if you do that to me, it ain't gonna happen. I love my Xbox."

- JR Smith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

• Locked thread