Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Josh Smith earning his contract just to tank your team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

xbilkis posted:

Sick Dunks go in the NBA thread regardless of what level they actually happened at, right?

https://vine.co/v/Od5vaQHOU0u

Who is that rear end in a top hat from the bench that only claps politely.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Niwrad posted:

The Hawks are also the top team in the East.

# of Josh Smiths on the Hawks - 0

Makes sense to me

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
The Moda center was the loudest I've heard it since the last playoffs. Joel Freeland is going to be out for two weeks with a shoulder injury. Blazers now down two centers.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

I'm glad RoLo is appreciated in Portland.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Everyone in portland looks disgusting.

Also I watched the entirety of the last three Wolves games. It's been a painful week.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
:edit: Wrong thread.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Never read comments on NBA Highlight videos even if you think they'll be hilarious. You will have an aneurysm. Just a PSA for you guys.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Pistons scoring Detroit's offense has been rolling since dumping Josh Smith. In the past week, the Pistons are 3rd in the NBA in Points per Chance at .81, 6th in Points per Shot at 1.16, and 3rd in Open+ Freq. at 61.3.

I don't know what these stats are and can't find them defined anywhere, but they sound good

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
i would say that's points per 100 possession divided by 100 for whatever reason, PTs / FGA (with maybe some adjustment for fouls but not necessarily) and the last one has to be sportvu

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Portland is the perfect city for Robin Lopez. I don't know how I didn't see that before

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Stuart Scott just died? drat, only 49.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

gently caress cancer yo

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

The Duggler posted:

gently caress cancer yo

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

pylb posted:

Here's a bonus clip for him:
https://vine.co/v/huWnHppwizE

Lol

And double jump dunk owns

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Kibner posted:

I'm glad RoLo is appreciated in Portland.

If you watch Portland broadcasts Robin Lopez is the star of almost every local commercial/ promotion.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GreenNight posted:

Stuart Scott just died? drat, only 49.

Awv gently caress. Also

The Duggler posted:

gently caress cancer yo

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Strawberry Panda posted:

If you watch Portland broadcasts Robin Lopez is the star of almost every local commercial/ promotion.

I don't think my love of Robin can get me to listen to the Portland announcers.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Kibner posted:

I don't think my love of Robin can get me to listen to the Portland announcers.
One of them kinda sounds like a stoned Bob Odenkirk, it always takes me out of the games.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
KG mean mugs even when he's watching basketball on TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG7YonaMByU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Strawberry Panda posted:

I always liked Robin Lopez in Phoenix, hope he finds a happy home up in Portland.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Okafor considering sitting out the entire season? Bad news Cavs fans and whoever else wants a center.

quote:

Veteran center Emeka Okafor, who is being tracked by numerous teams in search of frontcourt help, is giving strong consideration to delaying his comeback from a neck injury until next season, according to league sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that Okafor, who missed all of last season after suffering a herniated disk in his neck, is leaning toward waiting until the summer before committing to a new team to give himself more time to continue strength and conditioning work.

Okafor, 32, is "healthy," according to one source, but is reluctant to rush back this season.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12114070/emeka-okafor-likely-delay-comeback-neck-injury-next-season

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

chunkles posted:

Okafor considering sitting out the entire season? Bad news Cavs fans and whoever else wants a center.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12114070/emeka-okafor-likely-delay-comeback-neck-injury-next-season

That's a shame. I guess I should be rooting against the Cavs, but Lebron deserves a complete team. I suppose it's Jermaine or a trade.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Igor Strelkov posted:

That's a shame. I guess I should be rooting against the Cavs, but Lebron deserves a complete team. I suppose it's Jermaine or a trade.

Andray Blatche will be available after the Chinese season ends...

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I kind of expect Blatche to end up someplace like Dallas rather than Cleveland. At this point I don't know that Cleveland is really a marque destination for unsigned vets, though that could change by the time the CBA season ends.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Inside Outside posted:

I kind of expect Blatche to end up someplace like Dallas rather than Cleveland. At this point I don't know that Cleveland is really a marque destination for unsigned vets, though that could change by the time the CBA season ends.

Cleveland got the biggest FA in Lebron, and also got Marion. Dwight Howard left LA to go to Houston. I don't think Markets really matter as much as fit. And Blatche would start on a team that still has a really high ceiling.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Lockback posted:

Cleveland got the biggest FA in Lebron, and also got Marion. Dwight Howard left LA to go to Houston. I don't think Markets really matter as much as fit. And Blatche would start on a team that still has a really high ceiling.

If only high ceilings won championships

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

hitze posted:

If only high ceilings won championships

Well, if the ceiling is "talented enough to be a contender" like the Cavaliers are then I think you have a good chance....

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Lockback posted:

I didn't mean Cleveland as a market, I meant as a team that's failing to live up to expectations in an underperforming conference. If guys like Jermaine and Blatche were signing last summer then yeah, I'd say Cleveland would have a better shot than most to sign them. They're not exactly long shots now or anything, I'm just saying that the luster has come off some by this point.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
How the gently caress did Blatche end up in China? Did every GM miss that he was a legit above-replacement level big last year? Did he have unreasonable deal demands? He just doesn't seem to me like the kind of player that needed to flee the league for a deal.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Libertine posted:

How the gently caress did Blatche end up in China? Did every GM miss that he was a legit above-replacement level big last year? Did he have unreasonable deal demands? He just doesn't seem to me like the kind of player that needed to flee the league for a deal.

Blacklisted by Jason Kidd.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Apparently, google news changed their site so now it doesn't list sports scores on a bar along the right anymore. This happened around the 1st, so I thought for a day or two that the NBA was taking some sort of New Year's break.

I know that I can just go to NBA.com, but it was handy to have it right there on google news.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Stan Van Gundy has turned Brandon Jennings into a monster.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Libertine posted:

He is a huge rear end in a top hat that nobody likes.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Petitioning for:
NBA N/V January: Knicks begin the second half down by 7. One of the TVs on press row is tuned to Seinfeld.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Somehow Brandon Knight has turned into a nice player.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

dokmo posted:

He is a huge rear end in a top hat that nobody likes.

Makes sense.

I wonder if anyone has checked up on that guy who quit his job to follow the Knicks for a year. Hopefully he hasn't killed himself.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias

Lockback posted:

Selfishly lead the league in assists one year.

Believe it or not... yes that was selfish on his part. That year he was giving up open shots to rack up assists just because he wanted to lead the league in assists one year. I say selfish like he was more concerned with personal accolades than team accolades. I'm pretty sure the celtics beat him in the playoffs like 7-8 times.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/chambwi01.html

Look at the assist numbers every other year other than the two years he was like TIME TO BE THE ASSIST GUY. Even though Bill Simmons is a tremendous homer the chapter in his book on Wilt is well referenced with a lot of great examples about this.

Edit: Celtics beat them twice in the finals but a bunch of times Wilt's Lakers lost to other people as well.

wtfmoses fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jan 5, 2015

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Archie Goodwin posterizes Valanotgonnaworkhereanymore.

https://vine.co/v/OdjhJU0EiX0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
The reason they kept losing to the Celtics is that Red Aurbach was a 1980s level of GM and coach, going against everyone else. Like, we all joke about guys playing 11th dimensional chess, but he really was back then.

• Locked thread