Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who wins the main event?
This poll is closed.
JBJ defends 60 28.17%
DC wins 102 47.89%
We the fans 51 23.94%
Total: 213 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Cormier looking svelte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Popeye's spicy vs the original 11 herbs

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

:ohdear:

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
Ariel said that the athletic commission stated that they would fine Jones and DC if they crossed some line in the ground during stare-down.

e:
@ArielHelwani said that the commission will withhold Jones and DC's fight purse if they cross the line at the weighin.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
I hate Lombard and Jones and they both probably won't lose.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Ariel said that the athletic commission stated that they would fine Jones and DC if they crossed some line in the ground during stare-down.

e:
@ArielHelwani said that the commission will withhold Jones and DC's fight purse if they cross the line at the weighin.

I don't think it was a literal line in the ground, I think they just meant figuratively like if they get into a shoving match or anything resembling the fight at the original press conference. Don't cross that line. Cause otherwise I believe Daniel Cormier squared up ready to do an ordinary staredown and Jon Jones did his usual thing of making it awkward as gently caress so Cormier improvised.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Marching Powder posted:

I hate Lombard and Jones and they both probably won't lose.

Bitch, please.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I'm very sorry guys but Jones is going to jab/poke his way to victory.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Now I know how it feels to be a person during the Tim Sylvia years.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Can people shut up with their stupid jones is going jab hurr bullshit. We've heard this dumb opinion twenty times.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

BlindSite posted:

Can people shut up with their stupid jones is going jab hurr bullshit. We've heard this dumb opinion twenty times.

It's not an opinion.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

BlindSite posted:

what

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

BlindSite posted:

You think hearing it is bad wait until you watch 25 min of it.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Mr. Carlisle posted:

"Its very telling that these people are cheering me and they don't even like me they just hate Jon Jones"

:lol:

This is one of the best things I've ever heard a fighter say at a weighin. LMAO.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I just bought a box of Pettis Wheaties to eat and fuel the DC spirit bomb. Should I eat the whole thing before the fight? Throughout the event? I'm reaching here.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
http://instagram.com/p/xX18Z-PA3j/

:allears:

edit: For those on phones it's DC and Jones heckling each other at the fighter's meeting.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

kimbo305 posted:

I just bought a box of Pettis Wheaties to eat and fuel the DC spirit bomb. Should I eat the whole thing before the fight? Throughout the event? I'm reaching here.

I would suggest eating your 55+ grams of dietary fiber some time before the event, so that your inevitable marathon poo poo break will fall during one of these garbage undercard fights.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

LordPants posted:

http://instagram.com/p/xX18Z-PA3j/

:allears:

edit: For those on phones it's DC and Jones heckling each other at the fighter's meeting.

I hope somehow DC wins and Jones gets dropped out of the ambulance into Springfield Gorge.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Did that guy just flash his dick lol

Edit: Nilsson is apparently his name

Was it Harry?

:smugdog:

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
How is brad tabares ranked but not Nate Marquardt

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Daniel Cormier is one of very few fighters who seems like a really cool and good dude in real life.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

nate marquardt was ranked at 170 for a long time, he only recently went back to 185 where he's 1-0 now. If he wins this fight he'll become ranked again.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Because it's middleweight and Marquardt has only had one match at middleweight in the last five years

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

kensei posted:

JBJ: Are they booing coach?
Greg Jackson: No, they are saying Booooones

lol

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
lol, Jones and Cormier got into a shouting match at the rules meeting, of all places

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Maybe they mentioned keeping the hands closed.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
Any Perth goons suggest a good place to watch the fight tomorrow morning? I've been spoiled living in Canada for the past two years and being able to just walk to the closest pub. My mate suggested the Crown but largely because it's near his work.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Scapegoat posted:

Any Perth goons suggest a good place to watch the fight tomorrow morning? I've been spoiled living in Canada for the past two years and being able to just walk to the closest pub. My mate suggested the Crown but largely because it's near his work.

The Paddington is usually alright as lomg as you anticipate the standard crowd of shitkickers

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I am so god damned hype for this card.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
"Eat some food"

Chilling stuff there, Joe

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
I can't wait until Jones wins a wide decision and they hug afterwards.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Food Court Druid posted:

I can't wait until Jones wins a wide decision and they hug afterwards.

"I want to invite him over for a bbq"

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Can't wait to get together with some friends and celebrate some black on black violence

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Photoshop Friday

GO

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Harry only sang soundtracks for other people to expose their junk to.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Please be gentle not an expert 'shopper... haha I think you get the idea though...

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

/\/\ Yours is better than mine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....
Man that part of the embedded where they were facing down and Cormier starts bouncing like he just can't wait gave me goosebumps. This is going to be good!

• Locked thread