Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I've had a remarkably high number of people ask me if I prefer James or Jimmy. No idea how you get the latter from the former.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

DrVenkman posted:

I've had a remarkably high number of people ask me if I prefer James or Jimmy. No idea how you get the latter from the former.

James -> Jamie -> Jimmy?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DrVenkman posted:

The best is when the name is Jimmy James

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

DrVenkman posted:

James -> Jim -> Jimmy.

Similarly

Detective No. 27 posted:

Something that's bothered since I started watching Top Gear. How do you Brits get "Jezza" from Jeremy?
Jeremy -> Jez -> Jezza

Some nicknames go through permutations whereby first they get shortened but then elongated by adding a vowel sound ending.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Making the new thread later tonight when I get to a place with better WiFi. Get in your suggestions for titles now!

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Tars Tarkas posted:

Making the new thread later tonight when I get to a place with better WiFi. Get in your suggestions for titles now!
Boogers

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Who Greenlit 2016: the same quality as that film from Ghana.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Who Greenlighted 2016: Fifty Shades Of Blech

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.
Who Greenlighted 2016: Go Set a Tentpole

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Who Greenlighted 2016: Neil Breen Dream Stream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

New year, new thread!: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3758448

• Locked thread