Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'd be very happy with Steve McClaren at Newcastle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ninpo posted:

Mm yes I'm shocked that the FA are involved in a race to the bottom in the game "who can be the most offended at everything" for some cheap and easy money

ftfy

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The Guardian think that Newcastle are aiming to get Thomas Tuchel as the new manager. All I know is he's young and is/was Mainz manager currently on a year long break

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Glenn Hoddle is being considered to be Newcastle manager :shepface:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

trem_two posted:

Frank has a tremendous appetite

The only bit I noticed

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It'll be interesting if Sturridge is still really good without him assuming he ever plays again and injuries haven't broken him

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

ITV haven't renewed Andy Townsend's contract so he won't be on TV any more next season :getin:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Despite being unveiled in New York the Premier League have said Lampard's contract is with Man City and there is no agreement with NYCFC

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

His contract is actually with City Football Group, which is cool and good because City Football Group Legend Frank Lampard sounds a lot better than City Legend Frank Lampard

Sky were suggesting that his contract is with Man City directly, not the City group

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

tetsuo posted:

French papers saying Newcastle United have opened talks with Rémi Garde, who sounds like a good appointment that I would enjoy.

:agreed: but I'd not be against waiting until summer for de Boer or Galtier

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Koesj posted:

Four times in a row championship winner Frank "naaaahhhh" de Boer will not be coming to Newcastle when the loving Barca job looks to be up for grabs.

He was quoted today sounding pretty interested but that he'd not leave until the season is over. If Barca want him though he'll be manager in 2 weeks anyway

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Byolante posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFsHPFhtEYQ

Nope, this is deffo the Remi Newcastle is getting

It would be very Newcastle

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lampard isn't on loan though his contract is with man city. It's probably a one off because whatever he signed for NYCFC isn't a playing contract

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Arsenal refused to let someone into the stadium this weekend for having a selfie stick since they've now been banned lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Its a lot cheaper to replace a manager than the players

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I always wonder why some managers are really good at getting teams into the premier league like Warnock and Bruce but are shite once they're up

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Redknapp is probably going to get sacked if QPR lose to Man Utd this weekend. They're the first premier league team to lose 10 away matches in a row

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Its making them decent money they're going to crack down on everything possible

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

stickyfngrdboy posted:

The FA could help a little bit by reducing the stupid amount it costs to take coaching badges, improving coaching philosophies and coaching in general, and by improving facilities all over the country. None of which will happen in my lifetime.

Any idea of how the prices differ between England and Germany? The lack of consistent coaching styles from top to bottom has to be a big problem though. They're trying to fix it but there is still a massive shortage of coaches

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

How many players have Chelsea currently got out on loan?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

A bunch of Newcastle players are finally coming back from injury. Will be cool to watch de Jong imo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

ayb posted:

Only chelsea and Southampton have conceded less than United in the league.

They're still shite though, its just the rest of the league also is

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Frank de Boer is being heavily linked with being Newcastle manager in the summer and that would be ftw imo. As would any announcement now because its not going well for Carver

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The noise from local journalists is that they'll probably announce whoever it is soon even if they have to wait until summer for the new manager to join the club

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is no longer the lead football presenter for ITV :getin:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It was obvious he was getting the job until summer anyway or they'd have appointed someone by now

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Or Tuchel or Galtier since neither of those two were going to move in January

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Should be standard

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-united-season-ticket-holders-face-5062428

If Man Utd season ticket holders don't buy FA cup tickets for the replay against Cambridge they might be banned from going to the next premier league match

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

I don't often like to defend United, but apparently this has been club policy for some time and all season ticket holders should already be aware. I'm sure Taff has more info though.

Its a disgraceful policy

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I think its come up because its a replay and thats not included? I know the having to opt out of cup games has come up, but I thought the actual banning of season ticket holders is new

Either way its shocking and gouging your support when you make as much as they do is really bad

Edit: The BBC have got the highlight rights for another 3 years for Match of the Day. Also saw this today, must be loving boring being a Sunderland/Villa supporter. Sunderland account for a 3rd of all 0-0 draws this season or something silly

Jose fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jan 29, 2015

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'm nervous about it. Its really important we win and we always seem to lose to Hull

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Costa has been banned for 3 matches

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Huth got fined £15k and a 2 match ban. Broken Britain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Its cool and good that Cabella is starting to look like a good player again. Anita and Gouffran too. Wtf were Pardew's instructions

• Locked thread