Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Total Meatlove posted:

Would they gently caress. The novelty of a 39th game in the Premier League would make it worth it in terms of advertising/broadcasting even if was Swansea v Stoke battling for 13th.

Funnily enough, it wouldnt be allowed to be on tv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Blue Star Error posted:

I wish transpeople would just give it a rest tbh its tiresome.

Theres gently caress all wrong with what hes done but they're saying hes bullying them idgi?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

stickyfngrdboy posted:

It just a lovely twitter game it doesn't contribute to anything,holy lol

This footballers quiz answers will shock you! Number 6 blew our minds.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

lol, its ched evans

Lmao gold.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

blue footed boobie posted:

There are rumors going around that Szczesny had a meltdown in the dressing room after the Southampton match and was given a huge fine.

Wenger probably took away his bottle.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30674783

Lmao.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

mackintosh posted:

Christ, what the hell is going on

Tbf, Rafael got a fractured cheekbone from a tackle. How does that even happen?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Breath Ray posted:

Close enough

Some top posts on this page hahaha.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30703964

Rodgers has run Gerrard out.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Hes burning those bridges loving hard. The fans will come down on Rodgers over this and he knows it.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

mackintosh posted:

So much :qq: and sour grapes from poor ol' Stevie. It's delicious. Even more so that he's laying it all at Rodgers' feet.

He should be fired out the club right now but it would literally destroy what remains of their season.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Jose posted:

ITV haven't renewed Andy Townsend's contract so he won't be on TV any more next season :getin:

Finally

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Someone make the match thread.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Especially since Rodgers just did another nazi celebration.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Jose posted:

Arsenal refused to let someone into the stadium this weekend for having a selfie stick since they've now been banned lol

The only decent thing the emirates has ever done.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Yeah Al Jazeera was the hotness until the Prem realised people were doing it and then threatened to stop supplying Al Jazeera unless they shut the ability to connect by proxy down.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I think the defence is formed of a load of clowns held together by plasters and tape and the attack is as disjointed as you could possibly get by spending so much money.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

The Big Taff Man posted:

Aside from Sunday the footballs been a lot better than under Moyes.

Sunday was weird. I think Falcaos been good lately, but then he was also great in his last match and got taken off and the game died as he was our best attacking threat. People by me groaned when Di Maria got taken off, but he was totally off the boil and wasteful at times. Greedy in attack holding onto the ball when there was a pass on, and none of his flicks came off. At least when Fellaini came on we created a couple of chances. There are questions creeping in about his tactics, particularly with the wingbacks. Theres a real tendency to not take on a man when one of the fullbacks gets 1 v 1 and then they end up going backwards and almost back to De Gea. There were a few people questioning whether that was weakness from the full backs or if its a tactical thing from LVG.

I'd like to see a return to a 4 man defence but Im not sure we have the men for it. Valencia is a competent wing back but as just a right back hes not there. Same with Young on the other side. Rafael and Shaw who are more conventional full backs seem to be made of glass. The centre backs are too, and even when they play one of them is prone to a mistake. I havent watched the replays of saturdays game but from my angle Tyler Blackett looked way out of position for the goal, and him and McNair are still very young and inexperienced and theres not a guy there to control them - I almost wish we'd kept hold of Vidic just for that role. I still struggle to see who we could have brought in defensively in the summer, its not like there was a load of people available. You look at City buying Mangala for 40 million and some of the shockers he's had. The rumour here is strong over Hummels coming in this window.

Moyes next five league games last season produced 2 losses, 2 draws and 1 win. Given 3 of our next games are Leicester, QPR and Burnley then if LVG does the same there will be questions. I dont think he will tho

There seems to be an aversion to risk in the team. The dreaded keep possession at all costs mentality which means players wont try and take a man on or a riskier pass. Considering we had 4 of the 'best' forwards on the pitch on Sunday there was a distinct lack of movement by them when we did have the ball. United have looked a lot better with Falcao on the pitch because of his running creating space, and his ability to hold the ball up and go by his defender when he does. Its odd that he keeps getting taken off when hes been Uniteds best threat.

Backfires when they then try a simple pass and instead boot it right to opposition.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Its no worse than recent seasons and frankly since most of the injuries have been soft tissue related during warm ups/training you have to begin to question the training methods too.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
It definitely stank of him trying to assert some authority on the players and them just looking at him with a 'who the gently caress are you' reply.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Ninpo posted:

Going back to injuries, it occurs to me, I'm pretty sure we've had injury problems ever since that "sports science centre" opened at Carrington.

Theres been injury problems ever since they opened Carrington.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

chuggo is BACK posted:

I didn't know the FA were also something awful mods

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Spiffeh posted:

steven get 'ard

edit: betr cech!

lol

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
When you've got league 1 sides with a majority of foreign players thats a bit much imo. Thats where most academy players would have gone to get experience and playing time. Now they just sit on the bench.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

TelekineticBear! posted:

The whole Germany overhauling their youth system being a key part of their recent success is a bit of an over-exaggeration really and doesn't match the facts, with some stupid English journalists and players even going so far as to say that the 5-1 was the reasoning behind them changing up their structure. Germany have always been a world class side and during their so called overhauling years, they still went Final, semis, semi in the world cup as well as reaching the final in euro 2008.

I think its just straight up nonsense to say that Germany produce better players because of any recent change but rather they haven't changed their system/league while english clubs have. All three teams that won the league before Chelsea, had large contingents of either home grown, or at the very least, other English academy produced players. Once Chelsea came along and basically broke English football forever it just wasn't cost effective to bother with young players.

Basically I think Chelsea should be disbanded for crimes against football.

The good Arsenal sides had like 2 english players.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Blue Star Error posted:

Are there league 1 sides with a majority of foreign players? I'm pretty sure there are homegrown rules down there

I say majority, but I really mean a few. I just find it a bit weird that clubs like Swindon have a few foreign players because they're dirt loving cheap.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30830864

Shameful.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Ravel Morrison has had the charges against him over smacking around his girlfriend dropped after CCTV footage has proved it didn't happen. You'd have thought they'd have looked at that before pressing charges but I clearly dont understand how policing works.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Mr Snips posted:

It took the police 4 years to look into reports about Ian Watkins being a nonce, being incompetent is practically in the job description

Not true! They put the reports down to a mental fan who was stalking him. Thats even worse!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Psybro posted:

Used to be Michael Owen.

Potm

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Strawman posted:

its because his stepdad is scouse

If that were true he'd have never met him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Mods ban this sick filth

• Locked thread