Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Robert Huth could be in trouble after a transphobic incident on twitter. Surprised the FA are going to punish him tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Byolante posted:

What did he say that was transphobic, the guardian piece doesn't quote his twitter a single time

The idea is is that the 'cock or no cock' game he played is bad because it reduces trans people down to their genitalia or something idk really.

He deleted all of the tweets to do with it anyway which just pisses me off because its cowardly.

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Ninpo posted:

Expecting footballers to be perfect angels is the utmost stupidity.

Obviously nobody expects footballers to never make mistakes but this doesn't excuse them from being assholes.

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

serious gaylord posted:

Theres gently caress all wrong with what hes done but they're saying hes bullying them idgi?

i'll get laughed out for this, but gently caress it:

it's bad because it contributes to a transphobic culture where trans women are already at a massive risk of violence by playing into the idea that trans women 'trick' men into bed. that's all i'll say on it because this isn't really the place to discuss it. also he deserve to be punished for being dumb enough to link his official twitter to an account called 'cock or no cock'.

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Ninpo posted:

For gently caress sake

don't see what's so unreasonable about it, i'm clearly not the only one who feels this way if the loving FA have decided to investigate of all people. as i said i'm pretty surprised it's been acknowledged at all.

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Ninpo posted:

Mm yes I'm shocked that the FA are involved in a race to the bottom in the game "who can be the most offended at everything" for some cheap and easy press, at the expense of a footballer no one outside of Staffordshire gives a single poo poo about.

i don't think this 'race to the bottom' thing you're describing is really happening. all that will happen is a three game ban for a player who hardly plays, there's not really much to get indignant about unless you believe in 'PC Britain gone mad'

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

blue footed boobie posted:

The FA are investigating because a portion of the trans community has organized on Twitter and tumblr to bully any public person who isnt perfectly in line with their agenda.

Nobody actually believes this do they?!?!

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

bigger than yours

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

blue footed boobie posted:

It's what it's happening. Just look at your preposterous explanation for why a Twitter game was offensive. You just couldn't come up with something so stupid without the militant trans agenda.

Are you trolling or are you for real? The 'millitant trans agenda' is some people on twitter. Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Byolante posted:

They have never charged Skrtl with anything despite him being the biggest oval office in English football, wrong man got punished, free the chelsea 1

Liverpool have lots of money for bribes

• Locked thread