Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

hoops posted:

It's 100% not going to happen this year, but out of interest has a one game league play-off ever happened? Would they also do it to decide 15th and 16th?

From the last thread.

I don't know of it happening but I do know they would do it for any position that made a material difference to qualification or things, so likely 1st, 3rd(?), 4th and 5th, also 16th.

Otherwise they would declare it joint 14th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Total Meatlove posted:

Would they gently caress. The novelty of a 39th game in the Premier League would make it worth it in terms of advertising/broadcasting even if was Swansea v Stoke battling for 13th.

Well, the rules say they wouldn't.

But yeah, you've probably got a point.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Andre Schlonger

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Barry Shitpeas posted:

2004-05 Chelsea: 6 English players
2003-04 Arsenal: 4 English players

2014-15 Arsenal : 8 so far...
2014-15 Chelsea: 5 so far...

EDIT
2014-15 Man City : 5 so far but 2 of them are ex-Chelsea
2014-15 Man Utd : 13, although they seem to have a squad 3 times anyone else's size.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yep, they're either "Domestic" or "European".

If they do sanction him, he'll theoretically miss Man City but I strongly suspect Chelsea would appeal to spin it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

EvilHawk posted:

The report in the Guardian indicates the FA have lined up an appeal hearing on Friday in case they do decide to go down that route.

Sneaky.

• Locked thread