Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Jon Jones did the DX crotch chop in real life in the year 2015 to celebrate his win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Lets be real for one second. Nobody gives a poo poo about aldo.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

All of the fighters you listed were extremely one dimensional and sucked by modern standards haha..

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Agreed. BJ is a all time great for being rich and flighty.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

If your mom ever sued mixed martial arts for making her son lose you aren't the best.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

In theory it would be really interesting but I think jones would be too big for him at 205 and whatever he says he's not making 185.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

david carmichael posted:

dc is basically one rich mom away from being the number 1 fighter of all time in bundt's book

Lmao

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

In what sense has jose aldo ever fought top level competition? He fights at 145...

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Meowbot posted:

Tavares & Marquardt was an absolute barn burner of a fight. Theres not much more to say but Jones vs Cormier should not have got fight of this night. This one delivered from bell to bell and the energy in the octagon and the peoples reaction to this fight really shows why these two beasts are in the UFC. This fight had all of us with our fists in the air, pizza drooping from one hand as we all cheered at the action. Fantastic, possibly fight of the year.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

For example, some guys have tried beating up tiny japanese men while on every possible steroid. In it's own way, isn't that equally good?

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Think how many great fighters we could have had if they hadn't just decided to lose over and over. You press B button to do a takedown, B button. How hard is that...

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Jon Jones is a man who just got tired, of doing what you told him to. That's the breaks boy, yeah, that's the breaks little man.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Chael Sonnen cheated extensively every fight he ever had in his life via drug use and in the end it cost him all of his jobs. Seems like Anderson is a more effective cheater which is an important part of the fight game.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

ESPN is for noobs. No offense.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I'm pretty sure jon jones koed someone with a german suplex before he was in UFC.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

jon jones beat up brandon vera so badly that the ref said it was illegal.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

jon jones koed shogun like 19 times.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Whoops that was Matt Hammer Hamill. Sorry all.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I can't wait till the punch drunk and also regular drunk retarded man fights the guy he's 0-2 against on two weeks notice, should be competitive.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I guess in fairness there's no way he was hurt and he just went through a camp so this is as good a time as any to lose to benson again.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

kimbo305 posted:

Is he really rich, though?

He is and will continue be till about ten minutes after he retires, at which point he'll go bankrupt.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

This summer I worked with a guy who had dents in his head from where the screws went the second time he was put in traction from a car wreck, who got extremely drunk and completely totaled a 50 grand off road buggy the second we had two days off. He was cool.

e I guess last summer now happy new year all.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Dangersim posted:

Just so everyone knows my hate for Jon Jones has me made me appreciate Weidman and I now like him. You are forgiven, Chris.

Hell I myself hated the guy for how he bought a dog. But after the jon jones cat debacle it doesn't seem so bad, frankly.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Rashad sucks and there's no world where jon freakin jones should defer to him.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

How is it bad to stay you'd fight a team mate when you're the guy with the belt? No I respect my team mate too much, he can't have a title shot. Sorry. It's all this respect.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Yeah I thought this too but it doesn't matter because Jon Jones is still a butthead.

Now you know me well as a jon jones fan but after the most recent scandal (turns out he owns a cat) I'm on your side.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Nibbles! posted:

When that teammate has repeadly said they don't want to fight you even if it is for the belt?

He can switch divisions then that's on him.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

manyak posted:

are you like a ghost that only I can see making these long, self-assured mostly wrong posts all of a sudden

I was reading that and got to the part where anderson silva had consistently exciting fights and went back to posting about jon jones cat sorry all.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Gourd of Taste posted:

workin on a new look

rockin that amphetamine chic

That's sick

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Hell, as far as I know there's no other hard living fighter who racked up a win streak accepting short notice fights over and over. And if that fighter had existed, I bet he probably wouldn't be a crippled drunk a few years later.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I kind of wish there was somehow still a jemery horn still out there with 400 fights, four fights in a night, winning 300 dollars and five drink tickets by beating up tkd guys in nebraska.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

UFC please over turn this fight result it turns out my opponent was partying or may in the past have partied.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

If jones was actually an addict he wouldn't have been caught drinking and driving he would just be drinking and driving.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I dont think it was his 500th time.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Jon Jones does whatever he wants at every turn and has never been punished for it and indeed if the buy rates for this pay per view can be trusted was rewarded for it. I have to admit that Jon Jones is extremely cool and powerful.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I thought that was the jon jones takedown like it was colemanand some guy in club shirts and dress shoes and stuff and coleman's taking him down. Who was that then...

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Jon Jones did nothing wrong, won't be stripped of the belt, won't have his fight made a no contest, will face no sanctioning from ufc or athletic commissions, and will be in no legal trouble. He will make like two million dollars from the card that just took place. Well good night everyone.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Jon Jones txt:

Sat in a chair weird once
Wore the same shirt as rashad evans
Owns a cat
Has been the unfortunate victim of twitter hacking
Beat up machida even though machida does karate
Caught a purse snatcher, but only because he's fake.
Gave two drunk women a ride home after a night out, in order to keep them safe and keep them from drunk driving
Wore a white suit to a high school dance

I think that's it.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Sorry I'll update the list

- has a big ol dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

fatherdog posted:

Jon Jones is the first person I've ever heard the term "herb" applied to that wasn't white. I've always understood it to mean "Dweeb that tries to seem cool."

Correct, the term herb RE: jones is specifically used to call him white.

• Locked thread