Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

canada jezus posted:

Where does dc go from here, does he try to give it another go after some wins? Does he go back to heavy?

He's not going back to heavy while Cain has the belt. Im sure he keeps fighting and hopes for another title shot because why not? He acquitted himself well until he gassed and he still has plenty he can improve on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

kensei posted:

So does this JBJ performance against DC mean that maybe Jon might have a shot at heavyweight? I can't tell, but the fact that Cormier was an effective HW makes me wonder.

He'd have success but there's four or five guys that I think would have a good shot against him. He's a great wrestler, but he maximizes that by using the leverage his height grants him, and he wouldn't have that advantage against the larger heavyweights, nor we would he have a huge reach advantage.

And Cain would destroy him.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

He had the skills to hang, he just gassed hard. He did start going to the body in the clinch eventually though, and if they rematch and he does that earlier he might have a better shot. He also smothered his punches when he got Jones against the cage. If he gave himself more room to work he could have landed more authoritatively, because he was definitely able to land when he was fresh.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Bundt Cake posted:

the pace thing doesnt make sense to me because cormier was pushing the pace if anything after jones initial attack

That doesn't mean it didn't wear him out. He's only gone past three rounds once and that was in a fight he was dominating from the beginning, and was fought at a much less grueling pace. He may have simply misjudged his ability to keep that pace, or may have expected Jones to slow down.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Neeber posted:

Jones started getting a better hold of DC's wrists in the clinch by round 4 and that pretty much put an end to the uppercuts. Jones also put the fear of shallow underhooks towards the end with those shoulder crank attempts.

He was able to get a better hold because Cormier didn't have the energy to fight him off. He didn't just suddenly figure out how to hold a wrist better.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Jose Aldo is the current GOAT and the Mightiest of Mouses is the future GOAT.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

I'm really more bummed that DC lost than that Jones won. I like DC a lot and he seemed to take that loss really hard.

Marching Powder posted:

boxing dude. everyone in talks for goat are dead or basically dead

Money Mayweather is still alive and kicking (women).

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

sure if he fights pac i'll put him behind 7 or 8 other dudes

Ironic, since the only way he fights Pac is if he gets to stand behind 7 or 8 other dudes.

(I like Mayweather and think he would win)

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Cuckoo posted:

He's the only one in that weight class that's a fun watch and he completely owns people. Too bad the rest of the entire weight class is such loving garbage

Dodson is really cool. Otherwise, yea.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

People get injured in crossfit because they give the shelves rhabdo doing a thousand push-ups or they try to do heavy compound exercises when they are horribly exhausted and their form has completely broken down. They get hurt doing 50 deadlifts or squat cleans or handstand push-ups, not like, leg extensions.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Captain Log posted:

I meant he isn't taking fights to the ground. I don't think of anyone that really wants to chill with Anderson in the clinch.

Chris Weidman did this in their second fight and promptly dropped Anderson.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Anderson earned my full and unconditional support when he told an interviewer that he wasn't gay to his knowledge, but he was still young and he might wake up one day craving cock.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I'm gonna make a wild prediction - Anderson's strategy against Diaz will include bending of the knees.

After his last fight he may be gunshy about bends in his legs.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Cerrone is going to lose again, then buy a speedboat and convert it into an atv ramp, then fight like Ross Pierson a week and a half later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

origami posted:

Any recs for a decent place to watch this in Vegas?

Rock House at the Palazzo shows fights.

• Locked thread