Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

SumYungGui posted:

What magical world do you live in where this is true?

It sure as gently caress isn't one 35T's inhabit.
The magical world of combat arms. What I should have said is "selected by your unit", i.e. 1SG. Whether HRC actually promotes someone is another matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
It took the mouthbreathing personnel retards at my batallion 9 loving months to get my paperwork straight to pin E-5 after passing the promotion board. They had it in a pile stuffed between some filing cabinets, and were swearing up and down they had passed the paperwork up higher and it wasn't their fault at all.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
HRC told 35T's 798 promotion points for so many years when I was in that I finally stopped looking and started working on certs to get out. Every guy I ever worked with across every unit I was in that went to the board was the same dumb bullshit space-filler waste of time so some rear end in a top hat SNCO or officer could change the color of an Excel box from red to green. One guy that I ever knew got promoted to E5, after being in for 7 years. Boards are a bizarre, pointless, hosed-in-the-head ritual and promotion points are really good at suffocating any desire to perform.

I may be bitter because I had some dreams crushed by the promotion system and spent years having some new dumb fucker come along every few weeks to tell me what I needed to do to get promoted.

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
Points are for peasants.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

Vasudus posted:

I don't think COAs counted anyway. I was talking about real awards though. Dudes got hella jelly in the 90s and wouldn't let real awards given in wartime situations count because it was an "unfair advantage".

This. Right here.

Like I've said before, that shamming gently caress who managed to skate out of every deployment shouldn't be held back for promotion just because some rock-headed motherfucker who was too stupid or didn't have the juice to avoid going off to some shithole filled with mudpeople where he could have gotten his rear end shot off earned a bunch of medals for bullshit bravery and poo poo.

And if anything points should be deducted from female troops who have any award that doesn't start with "sucked cock of..." because obviously her leadership just wanted that snail trail leaving bitch to get awards to shame real heroes like him.

NCO's are gay. Officers are gay. Medals are gay. Garrison is gay. Peacetime is gay. Army is gay.

My unit had a habit of just laterally promoting E-4's who were in leadership positions and having them wear E-5 rank (It was called Acting Jack, don't know if the Army still does it) to fill leadership slots, so there was like 30 of us who had been E-4 for like a year or so, or needed to be actually promoted to hold our job positions. The cocksuckers in 15th Ord Bt were raising hell about Group being all hosed up TO&E-wise, so they had to send tons of us to the board.

And I got selected.

What dumbass decided it was a good idea to take a complete maniac, who hadn't been back to the unit in 3 months, who'd just choked out an Air Force officer in front of God and everyone, and send him to the promotion board, I'll never loving know. But they took my field-rat rear end and put my name on the list.

When I first got there, I was OK. A full nights sleep, a shower, food that wasn't an MRE. Sure, my Class-A's were hosed up (too small, still had E-2 rank sewn on, only had the medals I showed up in the unit with, had to wear my cruit boots because my class-A loafers didn't fit any more because now I was a real boy) and I was hosed up mentally and physically, but my unit had to send me to the board or get dynamite and send an E-5/E-6 out to Atlas who was currently enjoying a cush rear job, and there wasn't an NCO in the loving Army who wanted to be sent to that death-trap. I was OK, at first. But by the time I was called in, I was in full of psychotic break mode trying to decide if that female E-4 clicking her tongue in time to the clock's second hand was really a human being or an alien communicating with the clock.

It was a goddamn travesty. I was in full psychotic mode, obviously unprepared, with ate the gently caress up Class-A's, that hosed up right from the beginning. Knock on the door three times? gently caress that. Barge in and demand to know what the gently caress those fat fucks called me back for, because I actually have to deal real work, like a goddamn real soldier, and not some clock watching REMF who's weight could be mistaken for their promotion points.

It went downhill from there.

During the questions phase of my promotion board I started quoting lines from Heavy Metal. In my defense, I'd watched it the night before, and was having a nervous breakdown.

"What does AR-670-1 cover?"

"All the times I sold dope disguised as a nun!"

"What's the maximum range of an M-16A1?"

"The First Sergeant's pre-schooler prostitute ring!"

"Are you sure that's your answer?"

"I've got an angle Charlie!"

The SGM from CosCom could barely breathe, he was trying to choke back something. He'd been out to the site the month before on an inspection, so he already knew I was a maniac. He'd been there when I choked that motherfucking werewolf out and had my squad help throw him in the mud outside the gate and told the German guards to shoot his shape-shifting rear end if he tried to sneak back in as a dog or whatever.

Luckily for me my pager went off while they were yelling some poo poo at me that I was ignoring and trying to figure out which one of the upper-NCO's at the promotion board was the werewolf, because I knew that one of them had to be a werewolf. They were everywhere. And sneaky. And all those guys at that table were fat. I'll bet they were eating all the people who came in here! That's why they're fat and that female soldier left in tears, because they made her watch them eat her friend! Where's the bullets for my M-16? The pager code was a radiation leak, so I bailed out there at a dead run in the middle of a question and went back to my site. (Yelling that they'd 'never convert me' as I ran across the parking lot and jumped into the back of the CUC-V slapping the roof of the cab and yelling "GO GO GO!", to which the guy driving said 'gently caress this' and we took off like a bat out of hell and blew the gate at about 60 MPH because gently caress you, that's why)

Turns out this loving knuckle dragging weeaboo named Shampey had called in a radiation leak to V Corps, who hit the panic button, because he saw one of the detectors spiked and wasn't aware that they were being calibrated, because Shampey was loving high speed and didn't you know that he shot expert and would have been a sniper and scored a 300 on his PT test in Basic, and say, have you heard of this comic called Elf Quest? It's the best comic ever, and have you seen Akira? Check out this sweet wall scroll he got with the katana he bought at the PX! :suicide:

Chief Henley called the site a week later, told me I was an E-5, and to quit being a cock-sucking moron human being and get back to work. Getting loving promoted didn't make me special, the Army would promote a loving poo poo eating dog if it wore a uniform long enough.

Peacetime Army, promoting maniacs because... reasons.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

50 Foot Ant posted:

My unit had a habit of just laterally promoting E-4's who were in leadership positions and having them wear E-5 rank (It was called Acting Jack, don't know if the Army still does it) to fill leadership slots

we had that poo poo too, bunch of e5s running around who never went to Warlock Leadership Course to learn their marching spells to fill up our deployment TO&E. Most of then ETS'd once we demobbed anyways.

edit: Actually it was still PLDC at that point (Penis Lover's Dick Camp)

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

we had that poo poo too, bunch of e5s running around who never went to Warlock Leadership Course to learn their marching spells to fill up our deployment TO&E. Most of then ETS'd once we demobbed anyways.

edit: Actually it was still PLDC at that point (Penis Lover's Dick Camp)

PLDC at Baumholder.

You're never getting in, because that fat loving PAC clerk with the 3 inch long day-glo orange nails needs to go for a 3rd time!

I never went. Wanted to. Felt like I needed to, because I was just guessing at the right things and reading manuals and praying I didn't get anyone killed.

But SPC Lane from HQ Platoon went SIX loving TIMES in a year before they just passed her weight waiver having rear end.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

50 Foot Ant posted:

PLDC at Baumholder.

You're never getting in, because that fat loving PAC clerk with the 3 inch long day-glo orange nails needs to go for a 3rd time!

I never went. Wanted to. Felt like I needed to, because I was just guessing at the right things and reading manuals and praying I didn't get anyone killed.

But SPC Lane from HQ Platoon went SIX loving TIMES in a year before they just passed her weight waiver having rear end.

I was an E-5 for 2 and a half years and completely missed WLC because of the timing of my deployment, slots and ETS.

It was pretty cool.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
WLC was loving gay and didn't teach me poo poo. In fact, it was the opposite. Myself, the other infantry guys and the handful of Rangers that went spent the entire time teaching Nasty Girls how to grunt bang bang tactics.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Mike-o posted:

WLC was loving gay and didn't teach me poo poo. In fact, it was the opposite. Myself, the other infantry guys and the handful of Rangers that went spent the entire time teaching Nasty Girls how to grunt bang bang tactics.

Train to lead warrior

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
Real question: which gym on dix is the best one, I am here on orders for a week.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

White Chocolate posted:

Real question: which gym on dix is the best one, I am here on orders for a week.

im sorry

man im trying to think now about which was was the best- I think the field house was the best one, down by the auditorium

the one on doughboy loop was always packed when i was there

looking up on the dix site, it's BLDG 6053 8th St. & Millville Rd

http://gomdl.com/recreation/fitness-sports/

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

im sorry

man im trying to think now about which was was the best- I think the field house was the best one, down by the auditorium

the one on doughboy loop was always packed when i was there

looking up on the dix site, it's BLDG 6053 8th St. & Millville Rd

http://gomdl.com/recreation/fitness-sports/

gracias, that was the one I was looking at. woot

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.
Is that the one kind of near the bowling alley and rec sports fields?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Dear army,

It was about 10 degrees on fort benning this morning. No doubt there was bunch of poor bastards running around in shorts doing the bend and reach.

I slept in until 945, and kept my face poking out of my blankets warm with my sweet, sweet beard. Probably would've slept in more, but I had a medical appointment that's paid for by tax dollars to go to. Terminal leave rules.

Army, you gay.

Thankyou for your time.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

not caring here posted:

Army, you gay.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

not caring here posted:

Dear army,

Suck my dick from the back.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

not caring here posted:

Dear army,

It was about 10 degrees on fort benning this morning. No doubt there was bunch of poor bastards running around in shorts doing the bend and reach.

I slept in until 945, and kept my face poking out of my blankets warm with my sweet, sweet beard. Probably would've slept in more, but I had a medical appointment that's paid for by tax dollars to go to. Terminal leave rules.

Army, you gay.

Thankyou for your time.

username/post combo

welcome to valhalla

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

psydude posted:

Yes, mission success.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

psydude posted:

yeah, near the auditorium.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
So it was like -25°F with wind chill this morning on Drum. Yesterday we had about 18" of snow, then it dropped another 3-4" between 10 and 11. Plus it was enough of a whiteout that you could barely loving see the DFAC across the street from the barracks.

What. The. gently caress.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Enough snow that we had a 1200 release. And yet here I am, at 1330, about to go do a layout...

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

So it was like -25°F with wind chill this morning on Drum. Yesterday we had about 18" of snow, then it dropped another 3-4" between 10 and 11. Plus it was enough of a whiteout that you could barely loving see the DFAC across the street from the barracks.

What. The. gently caress.

How was pt

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
So glad I never went to Drum.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I avoided the lovely winters at Drum - 10-11 deployed, 11-12 was barely a winter, and next year I got the gently caress out

Drum/army/snow can slurp my urethra via anus

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Aranan posted:

Enough snow that we had a 1200 release. And yet here I am, at 1330, about to go do a layout...

Ask me about going into work yesterday with post completely shut down.

Cole posted:

How was pt

-20°F is no outdoors PT here, anyone trying to pull that poo poo can suck my dick from the back while I force-feed them post regulations.

sky shark
Jun 9, 2004

CHILD RAPE IS FINE WHEN I LIKE THE RAPIST
Winter OSUT at Leonardwood
( Stand at attention for 45 minutes outside of the land mine warfare building, company. Getting snowed on while you are only wearing BDUs without field jackets builds character, HUA!)
followed by winter in Korea
(back to back 45 day field problems with tankers with broken & inop heaters in the tracks, HUA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
and gay rear end stupid as gently caress Army cold weather bullshit has left me with a permanent aversion to being cold ever again. So naturally I live where it's loving 10 degrees with -15 wind chill during the day right now.

gently caress the army. gently caress being cold. gently caress freezing temperatures, global warming needs to hurry up until the nuclear fire cleanses the earth.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

Ask me about going into work yesterday with post completely shut down.

Thank you for your service. :histdowns:

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Aranan posted:

Thank you for your service. :histdowns:

I may try to get you to put out a hit on one of your OCs next month, FYI.

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

This picture is worth 20 words or something.

White Chocolate posted:

Yes, mission success.
Griffith field house. Make sure my monark bicycle is ready for my profiled rear end!

They just redid the bathrooms and poo poo, the free weight selection is OK.

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

Should I be the special snowflake that shows up to drill wearing the new APFU?

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

11b1p posted:

Went to buy one, they had nothing except for small jackets. Be that guy.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

11b1p posted:

Don't be that guy. The guy who blows all his money on the newest poo poo because it's new and authorized and looks like a dork.

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Don't be that guy. The guy who blows all his money on the newest poo poo because it's new and authorized and looks like a dork.

Can't be helped I never get what I need from the unit.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

11b1p posted:

Can't be helped I never get what I need from the unit.

Sounds like you're getting exactly what you need, you just need more of it

11b1p
Feb 5, 2008

Zeris posted:

Sounds like you're getting exactly what you need, you just need more of it

I want less Army in my life. Supply takes it to heart I guess.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
It took just over three years for my old reserve unit to get me three crests for my class A's and patches.

Um good job?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
that running outfit looks lame as poo poo why the gently caress would you want to get one?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.
First drill since August '13 tomorrow. I have nothing to do, nor am I actually in charge of anything because I'm triple slotted, so I think I'm going to sign in and then go study at the USO until it's time to leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

that running outfit looks lame as poo poo why the gently caress would you want to get one?

So he doesn't have to buy it when it's required and every store on the planet is sold out because people like you wait till the day before it becomes official regulation to get it

• Locked thread