Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
wonder how many of those dudes were making GBS threads their pants thinking maybe homeboy sprinting at em had a bombvest queued up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

wonder how many of those dudes were making GBS threads their pants thinking maybe homeboy sprinting at em had a bombvest queued up

Not enough to avoid shooting directly at the vest. Pause it as he falls as you see that their pistols are aimed dead center on his chest.

Tearsaslube
Jan 5, 2015

by XyloJW
That french swat thing was interesting. What was the utility of using so many people? Why weren't camera and other infrared technologies used to locate combatants? Why didn't they simotanously breach through multiple entries? Who are the people who committed this crime? I'm unfamiliar with french intelligence, but why weren't government bodies keeping an eye on potentially dangerous criminals? This harks back to the boston bombing shin-dig, but didn't the russians tells the us that "hey these asshats are rad as gently caress, keep an eye on them?"

It's always a signal to noise issue, but I'd imagine if you actually had financially incentived individuals, you could figure out who was who.

E: Tight bullet spread aside, how the hell do homeboys rocking cold war gear take out and make out with poo poo against state funded actors

Tearsaslube fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jan 10, 2015

Tearsaslube
Jan 5, 2015

by XyloJW

Tearsaslube posted:

That french swat thing was interesting. What was the utility of using so many people? Why weren't camera and other infrared technologies used to locate combatants? Why didn't they simotanously breach through multiple entries? Who are the people who committed this crime? I'm unfamiliar with french intelligence, but why weren't government bodies keeping an eye on potentially dangerous criminals? This harks back to the boston bombing shin-dig, but didn't the russians tells the us that "hey these asshats are rad as gently caress, keep an eye on them?"

It's always a signal to noise issue, but I'd imagine if you actually had financially incentived individuals, you could figure out who was who.

E: Tight bullet spread aside, how the hell do homeboys rocking cold war gear take out and make out with poo poo against state funded actors

Like couldn't you knock out a power grid, pop some dense smoke, and sweep the building? Or am I high as gently caress?

Do government agencies have such sandy vaginas that they refuse to talk to each other? Has there been efficiency studies done to determine the average financial incentive required for "true believer" radicals to give up who they know? Isn't the promise of their family being taken care of usually all it takes? What is a human life worth? The deployment costs of a shitload of shitoad of french troops vs the cost of maintaining and paying informants and a decent intelligence service? Is it really cheaper to clean up than it is to prevent?

Tearsaslube fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jan 10, 2015

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8LiQFnkuJY

Crescendo
Apr 24, 2005

Strafe those atheistic degenerates. Color them green with lots of holes.
Can anyone remember that militant training video that everyone was making YouTube Dubs of a few months ago?

The one where they were all dressed in black and doing some fancy / lame flips and poo poo.

Tearsaslube
Jan 5, 2015

by XyloJW

I see that and raise you mosquito noises, pepper spray, and a public library

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tearsaslube posted:

'Power in numbers' was probably their thought process, but it equals poo poo if you're talking about 80 chickenhawks making themselves as small as possible behind their shields. Infrared isn't some predator see-through-walls poo poo, it only goes as far as the next solid object like any other light would. Who knows about entries, I'd think there was another back door alley at least.

Tearsaslube posted:

Like couldn't you knock out a power grid, pop some dense smoke, and sweep the building? Or am I high as gently caress?

Do government agencies have such sandy vaginas that they refuse to talk to each other? Has there been efficiency studies done to determine the average financial incentive required for "true believer" radicals to give up who they know? Isn't the promise of their family being taken care of usually all it takes? What is a human life worth? The deployment costs of a shitload of shitoad of french troops vs the cost of maintaining and paying informants and a decent intelligence service? Is it really cheaper to clean up than it is to prevent?

If they trained on NODs, sure, they could go in dark, but it's still middle of day. Smoke's not gonna help much except help panicked cops shoot other cops. We're also talking about French cops. They're probably just as lovely as US cops when it comes to hostage situations, and that's before you pump millions of DHS dollars into their department so they can put 5 EOTechs and green lasers on their gun.

Tearsaslube
Jan 5, 2015

by XyloJW
I used infrared as a catch all for locating the bad mans. You could probably do the same thing with drones, listening equipment, and some sort of positioning algorithm. I could get my local high school science fair winners to probably make something more effective.

Also, I'm not sure the wind and weather, but smoke can be pretty thick, no? Again, I've seen nuclear reactors, and you could probably super fry water(or better yet something denser than water!) and have some pretty thick fog.

I read a book about jews at one point. In it it said that they were able to hack into, and shut down, Iranian airspace through their radar. Any open system, right? If you're going to militarize the police force to shoot brown people, why not take it to the pro-zone?

Tearsaslube fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Jan 10, 2015

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I believe the SWAT-type guys doing the raid there were from a mixture of units that are variously under the National Police and Ministry of the Interior, including some guys exclusive to Paris and some guys brought in from other cities. I don't think France has a true equivalent to American SWAT, where each town can get its own paramilitary unit.

Tearsaslube
Jan 5, 2015

by XyloJW
It's a question of efficiency to me. Why pay for a bunch of fats to play cowboy, when you could pay for a single swat team of radicalized super soldiers assholes to police a town. Why the gently caress are people with guns panicked?

I'm not sure the consensus Tillman on this board, but I thought it was pretty ballsy for a dude who could play football for millions decide to go fight in a war. Why not pay people like him ridiculous salaries to do the sort of work that hometown heroes poo poo the bed on?

Tearsaslube fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jan 10, 2015

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Tearsaslube posted:

It's a question of efficiency to me. Why pay for a bunch of fats to play cowboy, when you could pay for a single swat team of radicalized super soldiers assholes to police a town. Why the gently caress are people with guns panicked?

I'm not sure the consensus Tillman on this board, but I thought it was pretty ballsy for a dude who could play football for millions decide to go fight in a war. Why not pay people like him ridiculous salaries to do the sort of work that hometown heroes poo poo the bed on?

are you retarded?

Tearsaslube
Jan 5, 2015

by XyloJW

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

are you retarded?

Yes. I just like to end my jo sesh with some light security discussions

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?

Tearsaslube posted:

Yes. I just like to end my jo sesh with some light security discussions

Why do you go around GiP and post retarded poo poo? I mean, this isnt even the only thread.
:iiam:

Tearsaslube
Jan 5, 2015

by XyloJW

-Anders posted:

Why do you go around GiP and post retarded poo poo? I mean, this isnt even the only thread.
:iiam:

Nevermind, I'm a crazy person.

Tearsaslube fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jan 10, 2015

Old Style Pilsner
Feb 14, 2012
It's cool, half of GIGN was on leave (well deserved) in north Africa and the other half were on a bulking sesh, so no surplus action points were available for powerslides at the time.

Be sure that 100% are active and on Buffout now, you are safe.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm more impressed by how not only did the shield guy try his hardest to run in front of as many of his buddies as he could, they kept shooting as the terrorist ran between them.

I'm absolutely confused why he did that. I want to give him the benefit of doubt and that he saw the hostages who were huddled in that corner and he shifted positions to avoid fire at them. Of course, he probably just panicked.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Fragrag posted:

he probably just panicked.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
If they are going to use shields, wouldnt it be better to have bigger shields for those in front, and rather let the guys behind handle the shooting? Shooting one handed while carrying a heavy shield that doesnt even cover your legs seems to be a bit to awkward, especially for a hostage situation.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Jun 27, 2002

Carrion Fairy

Fragrag posted:

I'm absolutely confused why he did that. I want to give him the benefit of doubt and that he saw the hostages who were huddled in that corner and he shifted positions to avoid fire at them. Of course, he probably just panicked.

the way i see it #1 guy was the only one committed to the entry, he keeps moving and seems to take the long side of the room. #2 panics when he sees the bad guy and instead of keeping moving he dives behind #3, who has a shield. Then the entire stack backs up, the plan goes to poo poo and they all start shooting blindly into the room.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
fuckin' armchair quarter back up in this poo poo

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_Fairchild_Air_Force_Base_B-52_crash posted:

The flight was also Wolff's "fini flight" – a common tradition in which a retiring USAF aircrew member is met shortly after landing on his or her final flight at the airfield by relatives, friends and coworkers, and doused with water. Thus, Wolff's wife and many of his close friends were at the airfield to watch the flight and participate in the post-flight ceremony. McGeehan's wife and two youngest sons watched the flight from the backyard of McGeehan's living quarters, located nearby.

:stare:

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

I believe the SWAT-type guys doing the raid there were from a mixture of units that are variously under the National Police and Ministry of the Interior, including some guys exclusive to Paris and some guys brought in from other cities. I don't think France has a true equivalent to American SWAT, where each town can get its own paramilitary unit.
No they have thee GIGN which is pretty HSLD, and then a million local wannabes.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Zeris fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jan 10, 2015

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

The dousing with water part probably would have helped a little?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

The dousing with water part probably would have helped a little?

Not when you're halfway to the upper atmosphere already. On the plus side guy gets to keep flying forever.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

elite_garbage_man posted:

fuckin' armchair quarter back up in this poo poo

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

are you retarded?

agreein with both these stellar posts

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
The end result is that an idiot took enough rounds to his face that they are gonna have to use a soup strainer to get enough for dental records.

I, for one, applaud their "lead salad" tactics, and "everyone gets a turn" esprit de corps.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
What's going on with the end of that barrel in the last picture? It looks it would direct all the flash up.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Godholio posted:

What's going on with the end of that barrel in the last picture? It looks it would direct all the flash up.

That's a standard AKM compensator. The AK climbs up and to the right under full auto fire, so the Soviets just made a roughly slant-cut screw-on device that redirects it. It apparently works very well compared to nothing at all and is extremely inexpensive.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Godholio posted:

:allears: look at you youre so adorable!

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Are those guys Hezbollah?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Dead Reckoning posted:

Are those guys Hezbollah?

My guess would have been Pakistani

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
I've got a mate on holiday in Vietnam who got to be in a war movie because of white privilege or whatever https://marcinvietnam.wordpress.com/2015/01/10/the-day-i-became-a-us-marine/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9V9pAsDRuQ

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

:allears: look at you youre so adorable!

:(

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Slim Pickens posted:

Even a c-130 would make for a cooler flyover than a predator, sorry but your rc plane is too dorky to be impressive.

These fuckers got a free flyover at a wedding and all they're like is "wahhhhhh we're babies..."

http://m.aljazeera.com/story/201418135352298935

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Dingleberry posted:

These fuckers got a free flyover at a wedding and all they're like is "wahhhhhh we're babies..."

http://m.aljazeera.com/story/201418135352298935

:lol:

• Locked thread