Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Sup (pun intended :nsa:).

So I've been out to 'eat' with slenderbae a couple of times and its been....well, an experience :catstare: :staredog:

Episode 1
She said lets brunch at this posh place in notting hill and we had to queue up outside in the freezing cold for twenty minutes. :brrr: I order a coffee in rhe queue and she asks foe a water and immediately alarm bells start ringing (in my mind I mean, the venue took this request in their stride). I mean its cold AF and were shivering but she's already going calorie negative on me.

We get in and Im FAMISHED and order the miso and brown rice porridge followed by the full English. Bish bosh bash. Bear in mind its after 11am and we've had NOTHING to eat except some milky tea I made her drink first thing more or less at knifepoint.

So were finally seated and im making expansive gestures, tipo, is there anything in this world that you want or need?

Guess what she orders.

The.
:argh:
Motherfucking.
:airquote:
Bircher.
:chanpop:
Muesli.
:bang:

Never mind that it costs £8. Never mind that I had muesli at home anyway. What does she think she's playing at. Fucks sake, basically. We were there for an hour and I couldn't get her to choke down so much as a pain au chocolat. I was fuming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

if you weren't trolling that would be a really creepy post.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I reject your false dichotomy. More generally, what is it you object to? Do you think I'm making this stuff up? If so, I'm afraid you couldn't be more wrong.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Eight lbs of food has more calories, OP!

Imagine I posted that bdm tsh smiley

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jan 22, 2015

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Sounds like she does have a problem OP, if your descriptions of how thin she is are accurate. I think she'll have to figure it out herself no matter how slow that process is, but some slight nudges on the right direction can't hurt IMO, maybe some gentle teasing about her looks and subtly complimenting her fuller friends. I'm glad she has someone like you who does seem to care, often that is half the problem, I myself had a situation in the past where a girlfriend was going through some stuff and while I didn't hang around for long, these days she does give large part of the credit to me for helping her get through it, even if that wasn't my intention. Sometimes just having someone a bit more emotionally balanced and stable, and less hysterical and less insecure around does wonders for these girls.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Because she didn't ask for you to start 'fixing' her like a day into the relationship.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I just thought it might be a good idea to pretend to sponsor one of those African kids who is starving (pretend because I think its kinda expensive to really do and who knows where the money goes) that would give you an "in" to talk about starving people needing to eat all the time and you could use it to subtly remind her that food is her friend. Also, you could buy some "plumpynut" off ebay, its a high caloric food they feed those starving people, I bet aid workers pilfer boxes of it and sell it for cheap. You could tell her its a zero calorie snack, or even better, that its like celery where your body burns more calories digesting it than it provides.

iron_weasel
Oct 17, 2011

But then a tea bowl that is too perfect has no charm.
Breath Ray I believe I am also dealing with an eating disorder in a loved one. My wife binges on chocolate. I became aware a few years ago but haven't been able to get her to seek treatment. There are signs her weight is taking a toll and it stresses me out. Sometimes I will find evidence that she was bingeing (bags of candy or empty jars of Nutella she hid). I also find it really hard not to play food cop. Sometimes I want to shake down her hiding places and toss out the secret candy I suspect is in the house. When she bakes cookies I want to throw them out since I know she will eat way too many.

So there you go. I am in a situation where I know the person is on a bad road. And the person knows they are on a bad road. But there has been no change (except more weight gain) in two years.

Therefore, I have no ideas what to do. But hey I relate.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

GreyPowerVan posted:

Because she didn't ask for you to start 'fixing' her like a day into the relationship.

Does one need permission to help someone, if his intentions are good? Frankly I think I've already seen the word "creepy" misused in this thread dozens of times, and it's getting boring. It would be a bit creepy if the OP was intent on helping this girl for entirely selfish reasons, like him finding the sex unpleasant due to her pointy bones (no idea if this is the case, just an example). However it seems he's solely worried for her health, and that is laudable. I'm sure a lot of girls wish they had a Breath Ray in their lives, or at least someone who cared.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

GreyPowerVan posted:

of course she didn't ask for help cuz i doubt she even recognises she has a problem. sounds like you've never had to deal with someone suffering from a mental illness before

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Does one need permission to help someone, if his intentions are good? Frankly I think I've already seen the word "creepy" misused in this thread dozens of times, and it's getting boring. It would be a bit creepy if the OP was intent on helping this girl for entirely selfish reasons, like him finding the sex unpleasant due to her pointy bones (no idea if this is the case, just an example). However it seems he's solely worried for her health, and that is laudable. I'm sure a lot of girls wish they had a Breath Ray in their lives, or at least someone who cared.

Most people who get into a relationship and instantly find something to fix don't have the greatest of intentions.

corn in the fridge posted:

of course she didn't ask for help cuz i doubt she even recognises she has a problem. sounds like you've never had to deal with someone suffering from a mental illness before

Yeah, in my social working internship I never once dealt with someone who had a mental illness :rolleyes:

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

Breath Ray posted:

Sup (pun intended :nsa:).

So I've been out to 'eat' with slenderbae a couple of times and its been....well, an experience :catstare: :staredog:

Episode 1
She said lets brunch at this posh place in notting hill and we had to queue up outside in the freezing cold for twenty minutes. :brrr: I order a coffee in rhe queue and she asks foe a water and immediately alarm bells start ringing (in my mind I mean, the venue took this request in their stride). I mean its cold AF and were shivering but she's already going calorie negative on me.

We get in and Im FAMISHED and order the miso and brown rice porridge followed by the full English. Bish bosh bash. Bear in mind its after 11am and we've had NOTHING to eat except some milky tea I made her drink first thing more or less at knifepoint.

So were finally seated and im making expansive gestures, tipo, is there anything in this world that you want or need?

Guess what she orders.

The.
:argh:
Motherfucking.
:airquote:
Bircher.
:chanpop:
Muesli.
:bang:

Never mind that it costs £8. Never mind that I had muesli at home anyway. What does she think she's playing at. Fucks sake, basically. We were there for an hour and I couldn't get her to choke down so much as a pain au chocolat. I was fuming.

You're upset because she only ate one breakfast instead of the two you gobbled down you greedy glutton?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

So how long do you think it will be before she breaks up with him for getting so flustered over acting perfectly normally? I give it three weeks because even an imaginary girl couldn't put up with this guy for longer than that.

"Oh no she ordered water and ate a fairly filling dish for lunch! All while spurning me pushing empty calories at her!"

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back

GreyPowerVan posted:

Yeah, in my social working internship I never once dealt with someone who had a mental illness :rolleyes:

Maybe you dealt with them badly

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

FoolyCharged posted:

So how long do you think it will be before she breaks up with him for getting so flustered over acting perfectly normally? I give it three weeks because even an imaginary girl couldn't put up with this guy for longer than that.

If you look at the date on the OP, you'd see that this imaginary girl has already passed the 3 weeks mark.
It's pretty well established on the internet that imaginary girlfriends will put up with any guy forever or until such time as the guy believes a flesh and blood woman might possibly be interested in him.

*Edit: I guess what I'm saying is, an actual irl female (or a convincing catfish) could start sending the OP sexy nudes at anytime and this poor girl would be the better for it.*

Bethamphetamine fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jan 23, 2015

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Al2001 posted:

Maybe you dealt with them badly

Actually, I try my best to identify with and help people in the correct ways, but trying to force help onto someone who doesn't want or think that they need it is a good way to make them defensive, hth.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I'm going to have to write episode 2 tomorrow, my knucklesare whitening now just thinking about it! Rest assured that the muesli isnt even the worst thing... :sigh:

GreyPowerVan posted:

Actually, I try my best to identify with and help people in the correct ways, but trying to force help onto someone who doesn't want or think that they need it is a good way to make them defensive, hth.

I'm not sure who in this scenario is supposed to be defensive - you, me or my bewigged silver birch of a girlfriend - but without disappearing down the rabbit hole of whether a former intern has any right to lecture people on mental health diagnoses, I'd take issue with what you wrote at the end there. For me, it is not enough to 'hope it helps'. I want to make sure it helps.

Over to one of GBS's favourite authors:

iron_weasel posted:

Breath Ray I believe I am also dealing with an eating disorder in a loved one. My wife binges on chocolate. I became aware a few years ago but haven't been able to get her to seek treatment. There are signs her weight is taking a toll and it stresses me out. Sometimes I will find evidence that she was bingeing (bags of candy or empty jars of Nutella she hid). I also find it really hard not to play food cop. Sometimes I want to shake down her hiding places and toss out the secret candy I suspect is in the house. When she bakes cookies I want to throw them out since I know she will eat way too many.

So there you go. I am in a situation where I know the person is on a bad road. And the person knows they are on a bad road. But there has been no change (except more weight gain) in two years.

Therefore, I have no ideas what to do. But hey I relate.

I'm so sorry. It's the feeling of powerlessness that gets you isnt it. but you say your wife knows she's on a bad road too? Is that a good enough starting point to make changes? Are there any underlying causes that make her eat?

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
But really can you post a pic of your ears please?

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

GreyPowerVan posted:

lol internship yes i am an expert because i had an internship once lmao

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

You paid 8 quid for some museli? Perhaps you are the mentally ill one

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I don't really mind that. She doesn't drink or have desserts and she bought me dinner the other night deaf to my protests. I had the bread and unpasteurised butter and the Kim chi followed by the cavolo Nero and orzo. Would have gone for the roasted cauliflower with teh freakinl freekeh and labneh but she beat me to it.

Had a discussion about feeding loved ones in restaurants. She said it sickened her which is sadly telling. As I explained, :fuckoff: its all about intimacy IMO. That said i did it to my landlady once. (Very sexy little thing from Bali. One of those transgressive moments that stay with you.) Then we went back to her place and shook the walls for a while. Thinking about it, pretty disturbing how hard I nut in her small pale pubescent body actually lol.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Breath Ray posted:

I don't really mind that. She doesn't drink or have desserts and she bought me dinner the other night deaf to my protests. I had the bread and unpasteurised butter and the Kim chi followed by the cavolo Nero and orzo. Would have gone for the roasted cauliflower with teh freakinl freekeh and labneh but she beat me to it.

Had a discussion about feeding loved ones in restaurants. She said it sickened her which is sadly telling. As I explained, :fuckoff: its all about intimacy IMO. That said i did it to my landlady once. (Very sexy little thing from Bali. One of those transgressive moments that stay with you.) Then we went back to her place and shook the walls for a while. Thinking about it, pretty disturbing how hard I nut in her small pale pubescent body actually lol.

Yeah mm hmm but do the ear buds just fall out because the ear hole is so big or what? Just post a pic please.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

corn in the fridge posted:

lol internship yes i am an expert because i had an internship once lmao

I mean I also am in my masters courses for it but don't let that stop you from being angry on an internet forums board :shrug:

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Plenty of pics in ylls, you can fill ur boots as far as I'm concerned

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Don't really get why 'getting angry' is considered such an insult. You ask me its what society needs... Too much complacency around thes days.

But if you don't care one way or the other and you're just here to be scornful of others who do? Well pardon my french but you can push off and take your ma in mental illness (not even MSc smh) with you imo

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Voted 1, cause you're #1 op!

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Ha didn't see the rating till just now. Currently at 3/5, which is pretty good. Regardless, I'm a bit fedup with slenderbae. She has bad bones she says or something, and ate sandwiches for years after school because her pro biotic parents used to wait for her brother to have supper.

Also she doesn't drink coffee. Hurr durr etc. My goal for 2015 is to find a girl who drinks coffee. Not drinking coffee is the mark of a psycho I'm beginning to realise. Last night we had home made hummous, soup and it took like Three hours to prepare wtf

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

All food takes 3 hours to prepare op.
Have you spent any more ludicrous figures on poo poo breakfasts this weekend??

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Breath Ray posted:

Ha didn't see the rating till just now. Currently at 3/5, which is pretty good. Regardless, I'm a bit fedup with slenderbae. She has bad bones she says or something, and ate sandwiches for years after school because her pro biotic parents used to wait for her brother to have supper.

Also she doesn't drink coffee. Hurr durr etc. My goal for 2015 is to find a girl who drinks coffee. Not drinking coffee is the mark of a psycho I'm beginning to realise. Last night we had home made hummous, soup and it took like Three hours to prepare wtf

your goal for 2015 should be to think up more interesting fake posts imo

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
breakfast was three eggs and walnut and raisin toast and an avocado smoothie with walnuts brazil nuts, which tasted like something you mihth find behind a radiator. luckily peanut m&ms were on offer in tesco (preparation time 0 minutes, kcal 500)so i picked up some on my way home

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

op please just stop posting

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Unless you are going into detail about how you are slathering your cock in butter before throat loving her I think you have lost most interest here. Step it up man.

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
I'm still enjoying this thread op, don't listen to the haters.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Thanks - she's going home for the weekend so not much new to talk about other than the delicious irony that my diet involves overeating by about 1500 kcal per day so who's really got the disorder you could say...

close to toast
Dec 12, 2006

i mean she sounds like maybe just not that interesting. can't imagine very seriously internalizing societal norms around 'health foods' leaves much time for the good stuff. generally i avoid talking about my diet around the basics at the office. not sure why one gender should get more of a pass on that than another.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Well first off im glad were posting pals again (:

Tbf she has some cool interests, like acting and self defence, and its just because I've homed in on her diet that you're hearing about it in excruciating detail.

But I'm an Aries and I tend to get very excited about people for about two weeks then they pall.

close to toast
Dec 12, 2006

well i'm a libra and think you ought to work on that independent of your tendencies!!

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky
I'd recommend playing the metroid prime trilogy on wii u, now on sale for only 9.99.

Oxwalt
Aug 10, 2013

by Ralp

Ruddha posted:

I'd recommend playing the metroid prime trilogy on wii u, now on sale for only 9.99.

Like 3 people have a wii u.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruddha
Jan 21, 2006

when you realize how cool and retarded everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky

Oxwalt posted:

Like 3 people have a wii u.

More like three billion.

• Locked thread