Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

video games are for children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Miley Virus posted:

lethal league owns so much

played this with friends yesterday, poo poo got heated

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
i played bay of netta 2 and also stopped reading the other thread i would just like to to say that bay of netta 2 was a fun game and also i had a lot of fun being completely baffled by the horrible supposed to be northern?? but really middle class english accent of that kid
i have not played shadow of more doors which is gb's goty 2014 so maybe i should do that

as for 2015 my goty will be roller coaster tycoon world

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

AtomD posted:

as for 2015 my goty will be roller coaster tycoon world

i saw that in the release list but no way any rct game will ever be better than rct2

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

Katana Gomai posted:

best punchman game: street fighter IV ultra or street fighter V, yes they both come out this year (ps4, pc)

usf4 came out in june

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
idgaf

persona 5
disgaea 5
xenoblade x
bloodbourne
ff type 0

eat poo poo fun haters these games are all going to own

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

OldAlias posted:

video games for children are for adults, which is the only way you can explain the nintendo store charging ten earth dollars for eight-bit titles from 1987

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

Katana Gomai posted:

i saw that in the release list but no way any rct game will ever be better than rct2

i've got 140 hours logged on rct3 tho and never played 2
is it really good or is it good like 90s nickelodeon where it's not actually good at all?

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

AtomD posted:

i've got 140 hours logged on rct3 tho and never played 2
is it really good or is it good like 90s nickelodeon where it's not actually good at all?

lol are you retarded? the third roller coaster tycoon game was terrible. please play roller coaster tycoon 2.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
2014: the year of good lord of the rings and south park games

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

flakeloaf posted:

video games for children are for adults, which is the only way you can explain the nintendo store charging ten earth dollars for eight-bit titles from 1987

i started playing kingdom hearts cause everyone is always talking about how good it is

i think its mostly rose tinted glasses for them but it is not bad, but if you ever want to feel more like an autistic idiot playing a childrens game, play kingdom hearts

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

best game of 2014 was edf sorry about all of you being wrong about everything

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

keyboard vomit posted:

best game of 2014 was persona q sorry about all of you being wrong about everything

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Miley Virus posted:

lethal league owns so much

yeah it's def a good game

not sure i like the "protect your target" mode or whatever it's called though. it feels kinda empty since you can't interact with the other team at all

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

lol are you retarded? the third roller coaster tycoon game was terrible. please play roller coaster tycoon 2.

it's all isometric ?!?
i like building rollercoasters and then looking at them the whole running a park thing is v peripheral
it's my spergatory

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Widdiful posted:

usf4 came out in june

i guess this is a port then i dunno

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Widdiful posted:

op you didnt mention in the op that disgaea 5 is out this year and it will rival splatoon as goty

gonna wait for the inevitable handheld port that will have all the dlc baked in

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

goty was tf2 just like the last 7 years

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
been playing the new wolferstein, it's very good.

my ny resolution is to stop being tricked into playing anime games by goons.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

i've rediscovered rocksmith+my bass and now my fingers hurt like gently caress

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

my ny bideo james resolution is to avoid unfinished products...
... other than those i play already :smith:

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
speaking of ea i'm getting real antsy for nuclear throne but i have a strict no preorder philosophy

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
nuclear throne has been a fun game already for a long while now

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Miley Virus posted:

this thread is worse than the last one soemhow

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

hubris.height posted:

idgaf

persona 5
disgaea 5
xenoblade x
bloodbourne
ff type 0

eat poo poo fun haters these games are all going to own

this is true
isnt ffxv coming out this year too? or is that 2016? that is gonna be a hell of a thing

2015 is the worst year for gaming because i am going to spend earth dollars on FFXIV

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Yodzilla posted:

nuclear throne has been a fun game already for a long while now

but it's still in ea so no buy

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i suspect ffxv will be 2016 there is no way it comes out this year

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

hubris.height posted:

i suspect ffxv will be 2016 there is no way it comes out this year

i guess ill have to put up with road trips with irl bros for one more year

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

OldAlias posted:

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

how many terrible zombie games are coming out this year? my guess is about 38 million, less than half of last year's number

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

at the date posted:

witcher 3 > bloodborne > splatoon >>>>> poop from a butt >>>>> persona 5 + other anime garbage

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
whats the best poker game on steam

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

whats the best poker game on steam
payday 2

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
your awards are all poo poo

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Katana Gomai posted:

i guess this is a port then i dunno

it is

it came out in june but only as a $15 upgrade on ps3/360 for people who owned one of the prior 2 sf4 versions (any except the launch version basically)

then it came out in august as a $40 standalone package and also for steam (both as a standalone product and as a $15 upgrade if you owned arcade ed on steam and i think they started accepting its gfwl codes for registration on steam so you were ok if you bought it another way)

the spring 2015 release is a ps4 version to ensure the ps4's place as the only fighting games console going forward

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
still no compelling reason to own a wiiu unless you have no friends who own one and smash

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

hubris.height posted:

i started playing kingdom hearts cause everyone is always talking about how good it is

i think its mostly rose tinted glasses for them but it is not bad, but if you ever want to feel more like an autistic idiot playing a childrens game, play kingdom hearts
I remember enjoying the original Kingdom Hearts well enough, but the plot becomes a completely inscrutable mess centered increasingly around more and more generic anime characters instead of just being "Hey how about an action RPG where you have a contrivance that lets you visit Disney worlds".

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
Hey spergs, which civ is the best civ?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

keyvin posted:

Hey spergs, which civ is the best civ?

Alpha Centauri > IV > V

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valeyard