Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.

[*]
  • Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl
    Houston vs. Pittsburgh Fort Worth, Texas
    Amon G. Carter Stadium Jan. 2
    Noon ESPN
  • TaxSlayer Bowl
    Iowa vs. Tennessee Jacksonville, Fla.
    EverBank Field Jan. 2
    3:20 p.m. ESPN
  • Valero Alamo Bowl
    Kansas State vs. UCLA San Antonio
    Alamodome Jan. 2
    6:45 p.m. ESPN
  • TicketCity Cactus Bowl
    Washington vs. Oklahoma State Tempe, Ariz.
    Sun Devil Stadium Jan. 2
    10:15 p.m. ESPN
  • Birmingham Bowl
    East Carolina vs. Florida Birmingham, Ala.
    Legion Field Jan. 3
    Noon ESPN
  • GoDaddy Bowl
    Toledo vs. Arkansas State Mobile, Ala.
    Ladd-Peebles Stadium Jan. 4
    9 p.m. ESPN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
Holy poo poo, the fake worked

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Pitt fake punt for a first down after going 3-and-out on their first posession :getin:

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Coog down :smith:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Looks like Narduzzi is going to have some work to do.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Lockheed Martin, we proudly pay tribute to our heroes in uniform

Proudly
pay tribute

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Deteriorata posted:

Looks like Narduzzi is going to have some work to do.

This is the team that lost five fumbles in the first 8:30 against GT.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
BAM! Bradley!

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

BAM! Bradley!
All-time great name.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
It's More Than A Bowl Game.

It's also a dinner and a show.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
If they have all this Armed Forces stuff they better have included a Coast Guard booth :mad:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I want to watch lovely bowl games but am instead trapped at work

Help

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

If they have all this Armed Forces stuff they better have included a Coast Guard booth :mad:

Nobody cares about the Coast Guard. :colbert:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

I want to watch lovely bowl games but am instead trapped at work

Help

http://www.vipleague.se/american-football/273387/3/armed-forces-bowl:-pittsburgh-vs-houston-live-stream-online.html

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
heading down to San Antonio in 4 or so hours for the Alamo Bowl. Should be fun

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Houston's defense is loving great.

I hope David Gibbs sticks around for Herman.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Birmingham Bowl is on ESPN2, actually.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Houston's defense is loving great.

I hope David Gibbs sticks around for Herman.

Herman has already indicated that he's not going to retain any staff. Gibbs is out of a job and is possibly heading to A&M or TTU.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.

CaptainYesterday posted:

Birmingham Bowl is on ESPN2, actually.

Both Espn's website and my cable guide list it on ESPN 1

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

kayakyakr posted:

Herman has already indicated that he's not going to retain any staff. Gibbs is out of a job and is possibly heading to A&M or TTU.
Oh loving hell.

At least Herman gets back to Houston's roots :getin:

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Looking at this handful of people all sitting in the rain makes me wonder if my old senile uncle actually went to this game. He usually attends every Pitt game

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

why not just stream off espn

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
Go Vols! I'm stoked to just be in a bowl game. I'm confident we can pull out a win, although I'm not really familiar with Iowa's team at all.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Thank you, Red Cross. The one thing that I thought was missing from TV advertising was birthing videos.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
A rain cover for the cameras? What the hell is that?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Daedra posted:

why not just stream off espn

That is the WatchESPN stream, which has no ads. It's the only way I can watch college football any more.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Pictured: Pitt Defense

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

Pictured: Pitt Defense

Houston Defense:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Psyched for seeing Lockett gently caress up UCLA's secondary. :unsmith: That's about it though. :smith:

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

As I expected, Houston is out-Pitting Pitt. It's icy up there, the weather sucks here, and I'm eating samosas and listening to Katy Perry. Go Coogs I guess

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 2, 2015

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
Clemmings you dumbass

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

kayakyakr posted:

Aggies already have their guy and Herman has said he'd like to keep Gibbs, although he reportedly interviewed with Tech.

You're stretching the truth because you just want him for yourself!

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

As for the game, the Coogs are going to come back to within one score and get picked off in the end zone as time expires. Par for the season.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I'm ready to watch the taxslayer bowl Tennessee style:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I'm ready to watch the taxslayer bowl Tennessee style:

a bottle for every Tenn turnover!

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

Time to die.
ESPN, I'm pretty sure Josh Harrison doesn't play for the Steelers.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Wanvig posted:

Aggies already have their guy and Herman has said he'd like to keep Gibbs, although he reportedly interviewed with Tech.

You're stretching the truth because you just want him for yourself!

Everything I've seen had Herman wanting to bring in his own guy. And forgive me, I've been quite out of the loop the last 10 days.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Hahaha they just made a reference to Phyllis from Mulville on the broadcast.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

kayakyakr posted:

Everything I've seen had Herman wanting to bring in his own guy. And forgive me, I've been quite out of the loop the last 10 days.

Well to be fair I've heard rumors that favor both sides so who really knows. I hope that we keep him, but at least he's definitely not going to A&M so that's a huge silver lining.

On topic: can teams decline bowl game invitations? We're historically bad in these bowl games and we'd be better off not going ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
So what was the point where Houston became a rad team? Because that's what they are right now.

• Locked thread