Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
I've been thinking about inventing something that will make me popular and get a whole shitload of money, but somebody already invented electricity and carpet and doors so I came up with a new idea: WebBongos.

FAQ

1. What are WebBongos? WebBongos are the first percussive instrument wired for the web! Teens can chat on Bongo dot Com (I need to buy the domain but I have an angel investor I think) and send out sick beats via BongoChat. They can effortlessly share social messages and the hottest internet memes via wireless G Bongo Dot Com service for a premium monthly wage.

2. How do WebBongos work? Well this is the tricky part and I dont want to bog you down with all the technical engineering terms, but quite simply they are hooked up to a inline four car engine which (somehow) sends your bongo beats to the internet via Bongo Dot Com (again, the angel investor will have to sort this stuff out).

3. Wow what kind of messages and things can I send? The sky's the limit! Some popular messages include:
  • Grandma is coming
  • Grandma is near
  • Grandma is here
  • Help grandma up
  • Lets sext (cyber text)
  • I'm touching ur knee
  • SSE (Spilled Soda Everywhere)
  • Grandma is cleaning up the soda
Obviously Bongo Dot Com will not allow illegal activities such as the discussion of drug use or animal abuse or crime gangs or slang or obscenities because we will also double as a Christian Ministry (tapping out the beat of the Lord Jesus Christ).

4. Will this leverage the power of cloud computering? Yes definitely.

Imagine a world of bongos... on the go! The hottest rhythms and BongoChat messages to your home, phone, TV, Xbox, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Xbox 4, Xbox Nintendo Wii, Xbox Nintendo Wii U, phone, toaster, blimp, phone and phone! Save and bookmark and upload and reddit and bChat to your own beat!

5. Do you have your own graphic? YES! Here it is:

6. Wow, I'm obviously interested! But how can I help get on the WebBongo Bandwagon? We will be spreading our viral social media campaign soon via major outlets such as IRC and Doom 2 BBSes (including Happy Puppy FTP). You can volunteer and get on the WebBongo Bandwagon by clicking here: website.

I mean here: website name

We don't currently have our list working but stay tuned in for the hottest internet sensation! WebBongos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
nah

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

hmmm... what kind of early backer rewards do you offer, op??

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

but how are these better than my current bongos?

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
That gamecube game where it's like guitar hero but with fuckin bongos instead was actually super fun. I'm behind this 100% I'll be your investor. I had this money sitting here and I've just been looking for the right idea man to come along.

Toasty
Mar 12, 2007
Will there be dlc in the futur? I'd be interested in the conga xpac.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
What disease does Shmorky have that makes him try to talk and look like an asexual cartoon character?

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

I'm excited about WebBongos™! Bongos in the Cloud™! I hope you can drum up some investors.

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
will there be some sort of large scale bongo concert we can participate in? if no, im out

Sir AIDS
Nov 5, 2013
Oppa Bongo Style! :P

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

I'm already subscribed to NetMaracas™
Sorry lowtax

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Yivgev posted:

hmmm... what kind of early backer rewards do you offer, op??
We have several tiers:

1. < $10 - PREMIUM BACKER - Club WebBongos permanent tattoo on your head for 50% off!
2. < $100 - DIAMOND BACKER - Trip to the local petting zoo while a WebBongos expert shouts "WEBBONGOS DOT COM" into your ear with a megaphone for a period of several hours.
3. < $1000 - PLATINUM BACKER - Meal at WebBongos offices in which we recreate the Last Supper before a stripper comes out of a birthday cake and reminds you that you were a mistake.
4. < $10,000 ULTRA HEADSHOT BACKER - We show up at your home or apartment and light fires and if you email us and ask us to stop lighting so many fires we will say no.
5. < $100,000 GODMODE BACKER - A tractor(???)

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

How is this different from competing online percussion-as-a-service app BONGR?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

boethius posted:

How is this different from competing online percussion-as-a-service app BONGR?
We refuse to comment on competing social networking services but we assure you they are a lot worse than ours.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Send me a bung on the 'Bongos. What's trending on Thump-Thump? 120 Beats per minute banging a bong on the Billabong. Smoking a bong sigal. Rap a tap tap. Good vibrations. Getting banged on the bangos right now

&newhashtag &bongodrums

Gay Hitler
Dec 11, 2006

I'm gay as heil!

lowtax do you smoke weed?

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Lowtax posted:

We refuse to comment on competing social networking services but we assure you they are a lot worse than ours.

I'm sold! &webbongos &bongolyfe

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

It all looks pretty air tight but I'm leery of anything that touts use of "the cloud" because as far as I'm concerned it's buzzword bullshit that always fails to deliver.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
i have been granted a patent on web bongos and also WebBongos

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I like good bazongas and have a gazonga. How does this product help me, salesman?

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I already have a non-web version of these for my Gamecube.

Can you make an addon so I can use them on the internet? Maybe when someone calls me a name I don't like I can smash them really hard to show how upset I am.

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

uG posted:

i have been granted a patent on web bongos and also WebBongos

Better snap up WeBongos as well!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Why shouldn't I just continue to use my own manboobs as bongos

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Is there couch co-op? If not, I'm out - I wanna be Bongin' with my buddies right next to me.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
help my inline four-engined car is stuck in a bog
*send*

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Bad news, Lowtax, I overheard on my police band scanner that WebBongos just got featured in an article on Equestriadaily dot com. It looks like the WebBongo community is about to be ruined forever.
Sorry, dude, I'm jumping ship before in the influx of rainbow pony enthusiasts.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Could these Webbongons help me communicate better with my Spirit Animal?

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
We would like to alert all our backers that WebBongos has officially been canceled. You will not be receiving any of your money back.

Please back our latest venture, eGrout! Ever wonder what your neighbors having Been Using All That Grout On? Effortlessly share grout and tiling pics through eGrout.

That name again, eGrout.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

+

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
UPDATE: eGrout has also been canceled

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer
We have preemptively canceled our next project before it has begun, CyberStockingStuffersOnline.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I've been a WebBongos backer and community member for 12 years. How could you do this to us? I wear my "I BANG THE BONGOS" tee shirt every day!

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Can't wait to post my WebBongos unboxing video!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I have 30 WebBongos bumper stickers on my truck. What am I going to do now

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I like this WebBongos idea, can I still buy shares?

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
How about an eRat (electronic rat)? I've done market research and there's good numbers in electronic rat opportunity.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Don Tacorleone posted:

I like this WebBongos idea, can I still buy shares?

Shares? Haha look at this guy trying to be an "investor". It's all "backers" now.

2015 capitalism is all about begging and then giving backers nothing but cheap junk in return.

snuggle baby luvs hugs
Aug 30, 2005
Lowtax show us your bongos let's see that sick set up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

never trust an elf posted:

Lowtax show us your bongos let's see that sick set up
can I get a copy of the photograph too? My ICQ is bongoviewr1982

• Locked thread