Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Tendronai posted:

How is c9 even in the american division, they're four euros and EE.

Probably because they want C9 to attend the event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
C9 is an american organization so thats why its in the NA quals.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

okay so why isn't Alliance in NA quals

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

They're probably in na quals because at the time it was organised they had 2 NA players and the organisers want them there for name value and don't give a gently caress about NA Dota.

Edit: but want more qualifier games to sell compendiums/tickets and get twitch views

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Centaur and Chen? Looking forward to some sweet 5 Centaur action.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

quote:

Peter Dager @ppdDota
Nice to work with motivated and positive minded players. Ty @Aui_2000 @SumaaaaiL . Breath of fresh air!!!! You inspire me!

:cawg:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Then Liquid would have been in EU back in the day.

I left the event, my battery is dead. It was fun, only got a few glares, passed Ayesee in the hall and had to resist repeating a catchphrase.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jan 6, 2015

Almost Honest
Aug 17, 2009
Welcome to your First LAN Kid *throws u mid against Mushi OD*

Brain Fog
Dec 27, 2012
Was at d2l sitting next to Sheever for the first series. She spent the whole time explaining to another girl what every ability did.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Brain Fog posted:

Was at d2l sitting next to Sheever for the first series. She spent the whole time explaining to another girl what every ability did.
I don't remember her casting or anything, is she there just to watch?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

:frogsiren: EG Pudge :frogsiren:

tartarus motel
Sep 10, 2006

blitz loving owns

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
PPD Pudge.

Brain Fog
Dec 27, 2012

CampingCarl posted:

I don't remember her casting or anything, is she there just to watch?

Yeah she was just watching. She seemed to be enjoying Vegas.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Suma1L already sacked to the support role LMAO

lmao just kidding farming sk

this is loving retarded

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jan 6, 2015

tartarus motel
Sep 10, 2006

Suma1L already sacked to the support role LMAO

actually he's farming a sand king :o

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Confirmed: PPD not Dendi

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
This draft is dumb.

EDIT: It took me two hours to get home and I missed one 25 minute match. LANs :v:

Brain Fog posted:

Was at d2l sitting next to Sheever for the first series.

I totally missed her. :(

I was the guy hanging by the door getting weird looks for being so old at a Dota tournament. But on the upside, Mushi acknowledged my existence. I think that adds about 700 MMR.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jan 6, 2015

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
That was so close to being a good gank.

Edit: Ok, that was legit good. TRIPLE BURROWSTRIKE

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

Brain Fog posted:

Was the other lady Anna Prosser-Robinson, the one doing the post-match interviews? She's worked a bunch of Starcraft events in the past but she doesn't really know Dota 2.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
I am glad someone tried the Pudge hooking to deny the mid range. I had a feeling it was possible but never spent the time doing it. But watching the enemy mid walk up to the jungle pull the creep wave + the on-coming wave to form a double wave and get the creeps under your tower was really loving bad.

I wonder if EG ran into that in scrims and the mid just blanked on trying to block or if in scrims no one bothered to try to steal the wave. I don't don't know either way but that seemed like it took the wings out of their sails.

Brain Fog
Dec 27, 2012

Jamsque posted:

Was the other lady Anna Prosser-Robinson, the one doing the post-match interviews? She's worked a bunch of Starcraft events in the past but she doesn't really know Dota 2.

No it was some League of Legends player I think. Anna was there talking to them too, but wasn't really asking about the game.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
That turn :vince:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
So, if you're a Pudge in the poverty house like PPD, what do you build? Do you get Blade Mail and act like a reverse Clockwork?

(Also, forgot to mention this earlier: I enjoy Ayesee casting in a live setting. He's not as fun when watching online, I get it. And goddammit someone take the camera controls from him. But live events like sports or WWE aren't always the most immersion because you can't hear the announcers. At a LAN, a hypefest caster like Ayesee brings the :bawgahd: which makes it fun.

Just, don't pair him with a hypefest analyst like Lumi or it all goes downhill.)

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
EG sucks lol

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

im gay posted:

EG sucks lol

NA Dota Worst Confirmed

e:
It sounds like there are 10 kids in this audience. Are they casting in a living room?

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
Does this mean No Today, a Peruvian team is the best team from the Americas?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Enigma89 posted:

It sounds like there are 10 kids in this audience. Are they casting in a living room?

The room was never as packed as it was for the first game, but the casting is happening "backstage" so they aren't picking it up very well. The crowd moos for Spirit Breaker were loud enough to be acknowledged.

EDIT: Sumhail's specialty is supposedly Storm Spirit. Draft that and Fear Spirit Breaker since apparently CDEC doesn't know how to handle that hero.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
This is what happens when 4 strength heroes go against Timbersaw, yes?

tartarus motel
Sep 10, 2006

Craptacular! posted:

So, if you're a Pudge in the poverty house like PPD, what do you build? Do you get Blade Mail and act like a reverse Clockwork?

being in the poverty house is intentional here so probably just buy the poo poo hard supports usually buy if they can, tranqs urn medallion force staff etc, wards smoke and dust when they're needed. try to roam with hook since its low level range isn't as lovely anymore and in fights try to defensive hook out allies in trouble or get people out of position so your team can kill them. you can probably do some silly poo poo too like hooking creeps to pull the midlane or something

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Khagan posted:

Does this mean No Today, a Peruvian team is the best team from the Americas?

No, C9 are apparently american.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I guess they only saw that one storm spirit rampage from sumail and decided to pick him up and just barely realized he's a lovely 15 year old.

nice!

tie-dye my titties
Jun 14, 2014

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
lol if you think sumail is the problem with EG right now

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
He isn't the problem, though I'm curious how EG will handle scheduling with a player still in school?

EDIT: 322 Reasons to Pick Lina.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jan 6, 2015

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Craptacular! posted:

He isn't the problem, though I'm curious how EG will handle scheduling with a player still in school?

Just the same way they dealt with arteezy and zai still being in school?

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

PPD tilting hard and pubbing it up with Lion/Lina

Enigma89 posted:

e:

The crowd was pretty good earlier for CDEC v VPP but I didn't get to watch too much.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

TheRat posted:

Just the same way they dealt with arteezy and zai still being in school?

Arteezy finished school before going pro. It's probably easier to play US games from Sweden than play EU games in Chicago, as most EU games are around 9am to noon. Zai probably had time zones in his favor.

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Turkey is a third world country, lol if you think they care about how kids do in school

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Craptacular! posted:

Arteezy finished school before going pro.

Uh is this true?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
lol I'm a wolf - CDEC

• Locked thread