Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Jamsque posted:

Let's blame someone. Who do we hate this week? Shame LD isn't associated with this event.

Stream just went up, showing a schedule that has the first match starting an hour and a half ago.

D2L is ayesee's turf, goons like to hate on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Yeah the group stage at TI4 owned hard. The bubble race was kinda cool as well, at least as an idea. The "main event" sucked, but that was at least partially because the Grand Finals were so anticlimactic.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Spudd posted:

Blizzard

Also skeletons in China etc.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
There is also the TI qualifiers sometime in May I think.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Carados posted:

What a well handled tournament so far this is, two games so far where someone DCs and can't come back?

How is this the tournament's fault?

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

HGH posted:

Actually, I'd really like the TI4 "noob stream" to come back. I hope it was considered successful enough as a concept to be worth keeping.

That and the overview stream were great ideas and really should become a staple of esports tournaments.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
And that's the reason why the Germans detained him.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

nothing will ever beat the raidcall ad

Mind you, raidcall had one perfectly fine ad that was just "hey we're an alternative to teamspeak and integrate into games without issues". They just decided to create...that.

I mean poo poo, when loving reddit calls you sexist you've officially crossed every line that can be crossed.

There should be a contest at TI that selects the worst e-sports related ad of the past year. BILLY BOBBY vs HEY BIRDS vs G2A vs esportsbets.com

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

*small voice from the back of the room*

I hope C9 wins...

Now we're just being silly

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Great, next Draskyl is announcing that he retires and Ayesee is casting the TI5 Grand Finals together with Tobi.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

stringball posted:

Also I doubt they're broadcasting the ssid, the house might have cat5 installed too

Well parking a truck in their driveway is still a DOS attack. Parking two is a DDOS.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
"Let's give Sumail Storm Spirit, it is a hero he isn't good at" - a professional dota 2 player

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Defiant Sally posted:

I bought tickets to TI5 and if the grand finals are over in an hour I will burn the entire stadium to the ground.

Well there's going to be a 20 minute preshow and an award ceremony after so it'll be close I guess.

In all seriousness I expect a patch after the qualifiers are over that'll turn things back a bit.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Has there been any info about casting for the qualifiers? We won't get EU hub, that much is clear, but neither BTS nor GD studio nor Joindota have released anything.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
A compelling argument against using IRC

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
So between Tobi and ODPixel I'm starting to believe British people don't actually have to breathe

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
And another TI without Black in the actual event.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
You play against Alliance. You don't ban Nature's Prophet because you can counter it.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Lol he believes he can run a lunar landing program on 2 billion dollars

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Luna Was Here posted:

yeah this was one of the few things that caught my eye. this is def gonna need some overhauling or tweaking but thats what the beta is for at least

i hope

And to think that people were wondering what dota players would have left to complain about when reborn launches

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Wow, he's choking a lot earlier than people would have expected

:drat:

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Craptacular! posted:

Comparison: Grand final at TI and somebody picks Riki. Crowd chants 3-2-2. Then it turns out the entire draft is about Axe and Legion using Call and Duel to keep people turned while Riki knives everyone in the back. Riki wins.

That's basically what happened, except in Pokemon.

That actually sounds pretty hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

BurningDance posted:

or Cyborgmatt.

gently caress it, anyone could've leaked it and someone will throw a tantrum about it.

And that someone is EE.

• Locked thread