Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Whose idea was it to make ABC's shows viewable online immediately AFTER the following week's episode airs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bruceski posted:

Whose idea was it to make ABC's shows viewable online immediately AFTER the following week's episode airs?

it's fairly common since they just don't want people streaming the episode real time unless they already have a cable contract.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So I wonder who is going to play Cousin Harry?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Let him sing it!

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

A pointy hatted army approaches!

Edit: ahaha they're gunna poison everyone, aren't they?

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jan 26, 2015

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Servants! Can't get good ones these days! :argh:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, seeing as the Jester/Narrator mentioned season finale we should get some kind of ending.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Whoever brought Omundson into this struck gold.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

FoxTerrier posted:

A pointy hatted army approaches!

Edit: ahaha they're gunna poison everyone, aren't they?

I love basically all the servants' songs.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Ahahaha, one of the best sequences in this show.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
Omundson has such a lovely voice. :allears:

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

This has been awesome but...how the hell are they going to wrap it up in 10 minutes??

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wellllll they seem to think they're getting another season.

Haha at least they lampshaded it. :v:

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jan 26, 2015

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

muscles like this? posted:

Well, seeing as the Jester/Narrator mentioned season finale we should get some kind of ending.

Well...we got SOME kind of ending.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
That Neilsens crack is going to be sad if this doesn't get renewed.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Well, I'll take that as an ending.

I was telling my husband right before the end that it'd be awesome if Gareth killed everyone and became King, but I didn't see how it would happen. This was close enough.

Now we better get a Season 2 or I'll be pissed.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

JohnSherman posted:

That Neilsens crack is going to be sad if this doesn't get renewed.

Yeah. This was really good, but I'm not sure if such an open ending was a wise move. :(

EDIT: \/ Maybe not. It was obviously intended to be a hiatus filler for Once Upon a Time. Perhaps that show's hiatus went shorter than originally planned?

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jan 26, 2015

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

ABC must have had some absurd amount of faith in this show to allow it to have a season-end cliffhanger that resolves nothing.
Clearly that faith evaporated at some point between filming and them deciding to air the show two episodes at a time.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
I'm going to be devastated if the show doesn't get a season 2. I feel like every episode got better than the previous one and I can't believe they left it so open ended. I started watching for Omundson but ended up loving the entire cast.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I felt like Omundson carried the show on his back. The King and Gareth were the only two characters I really liked and I would've liked it better if the show was just about the two of them.

The only thing that really kept me going through the whole thing was the fact that it was 8 episodes that I thought would have an ending, but clearly they never planned it that way with the amount of time the show spent dragging things out. I mean, the main characters spent 4 of the 8 episodes in the castle dungeon, that's just ridiculous.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

raditts posted:

I felt like Omundson carried the show on his back. The King and Gareth were the only two characters I really liked and I would've liked it better if the show was just about the two of them.

The only thing that really kept me going through the whole thing was the fact that it was 8 episodes that I thought would have an ending, but clearly they never planned it that way with the amount of time the show spent dragging things out. I mean, the main characters spent 4 of the 8 episodes in the castle dungeon, that's just ridiculous.

This sums up how I felt about it too. I don't think they have another season in them if this is the most they could make out of an 8 episode run. Was fun at times, but the last two episodes especially just felt like a waste.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

etalian posted:

it's fairly common since they just don't want people streaming the episode real time unless they already have a cable contract.

I understand a delay, but make it 6 days instead of seven. That way my choice isn't between watching things out of order or waiting another week to catch this week's online.

Tooter
Nov 12, 2003

This show is amazing. I'm buying the soundtrack and want six seasons and a movie

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
I want there to be a second season.

Failing that, I'll take a special episode to wrap it all up.

If they end this on a cliffhanger, then watch out, world, because I'M GONNA COMPLAIN ABOUT SOMETHING ON THE INTERNET!!

KatWithHands
Nov 14, 2007
Between the jokes in the finale and the cost considering the UK tax credit they got for filming there, I figured they already had a second season in the bag, and were just keeping it under wraps until after it was finished :ohdear:

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
I will loving make every executive at ABC food with things they are allergic to if they don't make a second season of this.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
They won't get a season 2

We all know that's the truth

That's just the way that shows like this end

But you know it was a fun

Two-and-a-half hour run

An experience I'd readily defend

Yes! The songs were fun and never grating

Timothy Omundson was drat amazing

So!

Into obscurity we go!

Like Cop Rock and Eli Stone!

'Cause that's the end of

GAL

A

VANT!

DoctorWhat fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Feb 5, 2015

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

DoctorWhat posted:

They won't get a season 2

We all know that's the truth

That's just the way that shows like this end

But you know it was a fun

Two-and-a-half hour run

An experience I'd readily defend

Yes! The songs were fun and never grating

Timothy Ormundson was drat amazing

So!

Into obscurity we go!

Like Cop Rock and Eli Stone!

'Cause that's the end of

GAL

A

VANT!

:bravo:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
1.1 in the ratings this week. Probably won't come back, but who knows.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

KatWithHands posted:

Between the jokes in the finale and the cost considering the UK tax credit they got for filming there, I figured they already had a second season in the bag, and were just keeping it under wraps until after it was finished :ohdear:

This is what I'm telling myself. I hope it's true.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

GaussianCopula posted:

1.1 in the ratings this week. Probably won't come back, but who knows.

Well, it was ABC's highest rated show that night and tied Brooklyn 99 (for last place), so... yeah, its not coming back.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
It's a long shot but I could see another short mid season replacement season. Give it a year and see if the show gets any traction, and hope for the best that it does better. ABC's in terrible shape, and plenty of low rated, but solid shows have gotten second chances over the years. That's usually it, but that's all I ask.

I'm being overly optimistic, but Galavant put me in this mood.

AnimeJune
Dec 3, 2007

"We're dead. Bartowski's got a gun."
I'm loving the hell out of the OST on iTunes - but still pissed about the songs missing from it (the Poisoning Song by Downton Abbey's Daisy and the chef).

Tooter
Nov 12, 2003

AnimeJune posted:

I'm loving the hell out of the OST on iTunes - but still pissed about the songs missing from it (the Poisoning Song by Downton Abbey's Daisy and the chef).

I miss that one along with the End of the Season song. Actually any of the "Last Time on Galavant" songs should be added. I would pay for them, I like the jester's voice. I already miss this show

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
Out of curiosity I did a little googling and Dan Fogelman, one of the writers for Galavant, has been tweeting encouraging fans that "there will be more" and "Galavant is far from over". Of course this doesn't mean anything until the station announces it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Maybe it was just the Lillith Fair joke that got me thinking on it but did this show feel very 90s to anyone else?

Bwee
Jul 1, 2005
Galavant was awesome and campy and I loved it, bring on Season 2

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'm sad that 45 minutes isn't a timeslot because I feel like 30 was too short and an hour would be too long.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Colonial Air Force posted:

The Queen's song with herself in the mirrors would be tough on stage.

I just saw Strictly Ballroom the musical and they pulled exactly that mirror gimmick on stage. Guy dancing, four mirror versions doing their own thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

And for my third post in a row, here's the show's producer re: a second season earlier this month:

quote:

“I think so, yeah,” Fogelman said. “We don’t have official word yet but we’re hopeful. It looks good. They never tell you until May but all indications are pretty positive.

• Locked thread