Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Is it still 8:1 if using a rice cooker with a porridge setting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

GrAviTy84 posted:

Follow the guidelines for your cooker. Mine has fill lines for water level per scoop of rice for different things. Put a number of scoops of rice and fill to the line on the side of the pot marked porridge for the number of scoops you scooped then start it in porridge mode. Mine makes a super thick mush which I then dilute down to the consistency I want. Put a crushed chunk of ginger in with the rice when you start the cooker.

Based on the Panasonic recipe/cookbook it's 6:1.

Thanks.

Page 51

http://content.meridinet.com/pub/Panasonic/phhc/ricecookers/FY2011%20-%20RC_Cookbook.pdf

toplitzin fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jan 7, 2015

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Is there any kind of rice that is better/worse?
All i have right now is some brown rice and some aborio.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I think I breakfast jook'd.

Yea/nea?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Suspect Bucket posted:

In my mouf now. Is that bacon?

Bacon, fried egg, tapatio, maple drizzle.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Hey now, lets just all make a breakfast jook tomorrow morning, ok?

I need a new one because the parsley was a bad idea, and i want more sambal in my life.

(also a secret idea to be revealed)

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

English Breakfast Jook (No beans/black pudding edition)

egg, bacon, fried tomato, siracha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Can i start with dry rice and go direct to jook/congee via the "porridge" setting on my rice cooker?
Do i just double/triple/X+ the water?

A quick google says thusly:
Thick : 1 cup rice to 8 cups water
Medium : 1 cup rice to 10 cups water
Thin or Watery : 1 cup rice to 13 cups water

Or do i start with cooked rice then add even more water/chicken/garlic/ginger etc?

toplitzin fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Feb 2, 2016

• Locked thread