Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

"kingdom" is the official system of government for your terrible island nation. your navy christens ships as "her royal highness' destroyer battleship HMS lord trafalgar" or whatever style depending on the gender of the king(lmao) or queen(lmao). theres a Royal Palace. your 'democratically elected' leaders actually consult these german assholes, are required to consult them, do so because its their pleasure to consult these them. the Royalty. the united states is just as bad or worse but at least the PR is less embarrassing than that bullshit

most modern nations have the decency to not give powerful institutions labels like the "house of lords" and have the queen lay a sword on someones shoulder and make them sir idiot bono of the house idiot inbred retard first of his name

thank you, united kingdom, for being the silliest nation on earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~
pity reply

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
we're each a monarchy unto ourselves, op

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Mozi posted:

we're each a monarchy unto ourselves, op

hosed up if true

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
i have kidnapped the princess and will not let her go unless the prime minister... fucks a pig on live television

semon demon
Jul 31, 2006

seriously its 2015 and your queen still owns a serious amount of your national wealth what the gently caress yurotards

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Holy poo poo, these Americans are thirsty.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

"hurrrr we have a queen as a head of state, please take us seriously as a nation, we are on the UN security council, why would the scots want to leave??"

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

why does TEAYCHES have such a bee in his bonnet about the uk? if we're so irrelevant and crap why does it rattle you so much, bro?

Black Numenorean
Nov 23, 2008
I'm pretty sure the whole royalty thing is just a way for the British to pretend they are actually still of some relevance to the world stage and not just our toadies due to the special relationship.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

opus111 posted:

why does TEAYCHES have such a bee in his bonnet about the uk? if we're so irrelevant and crap why does it rattle you so much, bro?

i am completely in love and fascinated with the dumbest poo poo on the planet. the year is 2015 and you have a monarchy and thats endlessly hilarious

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

TEAYCHES posted:

i am completely in love and fascinated with the dumbest poo poo on the planet. the year is 2015 and you have a monarchy and thats endlessly hilarious

i dont think you are actually laughing, its more of a forced grimace.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

"hello i am the queen"

- some lady can say that with utter seriousness and shes right, she is the queen. her children are princes and princesses

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

i'm guy

fawkes, bitch. Down w/ the monarchy

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

"i am prince william, the duke of york, kiss my ring" something someone has said unironically in the last year

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
hosed up if ture

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
OP IT'S NOT YOU IDIOT.

THEY HAVE A PRIME MINSTER!!!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
imo it's dumb they have democracy too. it's 2015 everyone should be governed by a hive mind

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Concerned Citizen posted:

imo it's dumb they have democracy too. it's 2015 everyone should be governed by a hive mind

THE BRITISH DEMOCRACY IS A JOKE.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

TEAYCHES posted:

"kingdom" is the official system of government for your terrible island nation. your navy christens ships as "her royal highness' destroyer battleship HMS lord trafalgar" or whatever style depending on the gender of the king(lmao) or queen(lmao). theres a Royal Palace. your 'democratically elected' leaders actually consult these german assholes, are required to consult them, do so because its their pleasure to consult these them. the Royalty. the united states is just as bad or worse but at least the PR is less embarrassing than that bullshit

most modern nations have the decency to not give powerful institutions labels like the "house of lords" and have the queen lay a sword on someones shoulder and make them sir idiot bono of the house idiot inbred retard first of his name

thank you, united kingdom, for being the silliest nation on earth

The United Kingdom actually owns because it has literally no constitution or basic organizing charter document at all, literally everything is just *checks 1,000 year old ledgerbook* well now what did we do last time this happened???

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

except the bees cause its 2015 they should be extinct by now

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

i have kidnapped the princess and will not let her go unless the prime minister... fucks a pig on live television

black mirror is pretty good

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
let's examine uk record:

under strong monarchy: ruled most of the world with the most expansive and powerful empire in human history
under constituonal monarchy: scotland nearly leaves the uk

seems like monarchy is outperforming OP

HollywoodDialysis
Jan 19, 2005

not doing nothing
Grimey Drawer

TEAYCHES posted:

"hello i am the queen"

- some lady can say that with utter seriousness and shes right, she is the queen. her children are princes and princesses

That's not how it works they have a guy introduce her on her behalf in a voice like 'HER ROYAL MAJESTY THE QUEEN' so there you go

EDIT: For real though although I would like to see the monarchy burnt at least Liz is pretty benign compared to the insidious meddling gently caress that is Prince Charles.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

sometimes i like to roleplay like i have a british accent, like ill say stuff outloud and repeat famous british people like the monty python guys or roger waters, and then pull myself back and queue the led zeppelin for some hard american rock

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
i'd be fine with having a monarch so long as they give me good healthcare op. does your lord and savior Caliph-Fuhrer Barrack HUSSEIN Obama guarantee that?

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Prince William seems like a p. okay guy TBH.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

nutranurse posted:

i'd be fine with having a monarch so long as they give me good healthcare op. does your lord and savior Caliph-Fuhrer Barrack HUSSEIN Obama guarantee that?

id eat poo poo and go to hell before i would swear allegiance to any self-styled king or queen

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

TEAYCHES posted:

id eat poo poo and go to hell before i would swear allegiance to any self-styled king or queen

well when youre in hell you get to swear allegiance to the most metal monarch of them all, the prince of lies himself!

you can't escape monarchs. like their cousin the cockroach, monarchies will outlast humanity

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

TEAYCHES posted:

Yeah but we're Americans, being servile is an ancient part of British culture and it's alright for them.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
they also have some historical hosed up poo poo where the king of England was also the king of France but not really and there were two popes and they disagreed with whethere the king of englandwas the king of France or if the king of France was the king of England and for some reason that was a big deal even though they all inbreed and have bad teeth

really hosed up

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Her Royal Majesty Queen Elizabeth II has never lost a fight. Let that sink in.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

She lost the battle for aging gracefully.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
We all have our private demons..... the battles we felt we never won... perhaps it is u who needs more sympathy for Lizzy 2

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

I bet she never had 18 holes in one, let alone the first time she played golf

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

was one of her fights trying to not preside over the complete obsolescence and irrelevance of her kingdom

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Harime Nui posted:

The United Kingdom actually owns because it has literally no constitution or basic organizing charter document at all, literally everything is just *checks 1,000 year old ledgerbook* well now what did we do last time this happened???

"we uhhh declared war on the united provinces"
"top hole, i'll draw up the letters of marque and reprisal"

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

I've been denied all the best Ultra-Sex.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhyYgnhhKFw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i wouldnt give a single pound (dollar) to that bullshit monarchy. good video

• Locked thread